Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 517 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
GregSprinkles
CateNicole
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue the discussion in Part 2.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I’ll say it again to get things started…
    Denis Villeneuve and that little twerp Timothee Chalamet. ..

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Best Actress:

• Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White, and Water
    • Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    • Ana De Armas, Blonde
    • Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy
    • Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    • alt. Rashida Jones, On The Rocks

Best Actor:

• Gary Oldman, Mank
    • Bill Murray, On The Rocks
    • Denzel Washington, MacBeth
    • Adam Driver, Annette (* Bale)
    • Anthony Hopkins, The Father (* Cooper)
    • alt. Benedict Cumberbatch, Ironbark

Best Supp. Actress:

• Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy
    • Olivia Colman, The Father
    • Amanda Seyfried, Mank (* Blanchett)
    • Meryl Streep, The Prom (* Robbie)
    • Jodie Foster, Prisoner 760 (* Collette)
    • alt. Felicity Jones, Good Morning, Midnight (* Jolie)

Best Supp. Actor:

• Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
    • Bryan Tyree Henry, Red, White, and Water
    • Micheal Keaton, Trial of the Chicago 7
    • Benicio Del Toro, The French Dispatch (* Foxx)
    • Benedict Cumberbatch, Prisoner 760 (* Dafoe)
    • alt. Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

*- If Nightmare Alley/Amsterdam release in 2020

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: The Morning Show
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

I wonder if Benedict Cumberbatch will push Louis Wain or Ironbark more. Louis Wain seems to be the more Oscar friendly project, but it will have to depend on reviews. I have a feeling he will win this year.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I wonder if Benedict Cumberbatch will push Louis Wain or Ironbark more. Louis Wain seems to be the more Oscar friendly project, but it will have to depend on reviews. I have a feeling he will win this year.

A couple of Ironbark reviews from Sundance are up and while his performance seems great the movie is being described as kind of middle of the road so it may not be good enough to get him the nom.

Profile picture
    Teresa Chavez
    Topics:

« Glenn Close and Mila Kunis give masterful, Oscar worthy performances in the devastating drama Four Good Days. Reminiscent of works by Bergman, Garcia deftly transcends a familiar story with a sharp script and many cinematic touches that makes this a must see film »

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

« Glenn Close and Mila Kunis give masterful, Oscar worthy performances in the devastating drama Four Good Days. Reminiscent of works by Bergman, Garcia deftly transcends a familiar story with a sharp script and many cinematic touches that makes this a must see film »

Unfortunately i don’t think Four Good Days will go far in the  Oscar race. But i think it will definitely help Glenn. The movie is being compared with Beautiful Boy and Ben Is Back wich is a shame. But her performance is being hugely lauded so if Hillbilly Elegy is really good then i think Glenn can definitely benefit from having two masterful performances.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by estrelas.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    Singsongoflove01
    Topics:

Unfortunately i don’t think Four Good Days will go far in the Oscar race. But i think it will definitely help Glenn. The movie is being compared with Beautiful Boy and Ben Is Back wich is a shame. But her performance is being hugely lauded so if Hillbilly Elegy is really good then i think Glenn can definitely benefit from having two masterful performances.

I think Hillbilly Elegy is the one that has the potential. It’s got $$ from Netflix to throw into a vigorous campaign, Ron Howard is the Director and it’s based on a very popular book.

Profile picture
    Capp
    Topics:

I don’t know if was posted, but Hillbilly Elegy will have a November release, according to Deadline

https://deadline.com/video/rebuilding-paradise-ron-howard-sundance-documentary-interview-news/

the girls are coming for the 0-8 and 0-7  😍

Profile picture
    Teresa Chavez
    Topics:

I don’t know if was posted, but Hillbilly Elegy will have a November release, according to Deadline https://deadline.com/video/rebuilding-paradise-ron-howard-sundance-documentary-interview-news/ the girls are coming for the 0-8 and 0-7 😍

More importantly Netflix knows the potential of this film and I’m sure they are preparing it for the fall festivals. Glenn is definitely winning if her move is released on Nov.

Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Topics:

More importantly Netflix knows the potential of this film and I’m sure they are preparing it for the fall festivals. Glenn is definitely winning if her move is released on Nov.

Glenn might win, but the release date being November isn’t gonna tip the scales. Plenty of buzzy films come out in that time frame and don’t win.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Lets not get too excited! Yes. This is looking extremely good for Glenn and Amy but lets not push it. Lets keep our feet on the ground. I also want to see Glenn winning that golden statue next year. But i prefer to keep my expectations low for now…I don’t want to have another (bad) surprise!

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, Bore isn’t winning an Oscar! I have to laugh.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Darlings, Bore isn’t winning an Oscar! I have to laugh.

The movie only comes out in November. What the hell are you even talking about?! Or you just enjoy being a hater?!

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I don’t know if was posted, but Hillbilly Elegy will have a November release, according to Deadline

https://deadline.com/video/rebuilding-paradise-ron-howard-sundance-documentary-interview-news/

the girls are coming for the 0-8 and 0-7 😍

GO DAMY GOOOOOO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.