Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
CateNicole
estrelasdealg..
  • Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

And Billie Eilish ain’t Lin Manuel Miranda.

Yeah, she didn’t ruin His Dark Materials with a tacky performance.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Is No Time to Die better than Skyfall? No, but Skyfall set such a high standard for Bond themes that it may never be topped. With that being said, though, No Time to Die is still amazing.

CuriousHedgehog
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked No Time to Die personally, I definitely think it’ll be nominated at least. I’m excited already to hear Billie perform it at the Oscars next year.

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” eligible for the next Oscars?

Andrew Harper
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” eligible for the next Oscars?

No. It was a 2019 release. Not gonna lie, a wee bit ticked France picked “Les Miserables” (which is still a good film) as their submission for Best International Film when “Portrait of a Lady on Fire” is the better film (arguably the best foreign film of 2019 not named “Parasite”).

JB
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked No Time to Die personally, I definitely think it’ll be nominated at least. I’m excited already to hear Billie perform it at the Oscars next year.

I’m sorry but that is the ABSOLUTE WORST Bond song in history. It’s awful! And I guarantee you she doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of a nomination.

Luke Dias
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everyone convinced that the Academy will just randomly give the prize to No Time to Die just because Writing’s On the Wall won big? It and Skyfall are the only two themes to ever win, so it’s not that big of a lock. And I don’t even get why people hate Writing’s on the Wall so much (though the prize definitely deserved to go to Til It Happens to You).

I’m totally stanning the new In the Heights song, just so Lin-Manuel can finally get that MacPEGOT, but if No Time to Die wins I won’t be too upset, unless another song is just so overwhelmingly good.

RealLyre852
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1228234688654798849?s=20

Booksmart filmmaker Olivia Wilde is set to direct Kerri Strug biopic Perfect, The film, based on the book Landing On My Feet, A Diary Of Dreams by Strug and John P. Lopez, tells the true story of the gymnast’s triumph against the odds to win Team USA’s first gold medal at the 1996 Olympics. Strug was hailed as an American hero when she completed her final vault at the Atlanta games on a badly injured ankle to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

The partners will likely be hoping for a similar trajectory to well-received 2017 sports movie I, Tonya, which scored breakout box office and multiple Oscar nominations.

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry but that is the ABSOLUTE WORST Bond song in history. It’s awful! And I guarantee you she doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of a nomination.

Lol you sound like a troll because like it or not, this song is excellent and will probably be nominated for Best Song.

DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

After Parasite won, I think this is an idea seriously worth considering. Cannes is going to be as important to keep an eye on as Sundance this year. In all likelihood, there is a Best Picture nominee for 2021 that we aren’t even talking about.

And possibly a Best Director nominee as well, following Bong this year and Pawel Pawlikowski for Cold War in 2019.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

That bond song is just…fine. It’ll probably be nominated but I’m not sold on a win because of the amount of musicals coming out this year that’ll probably offer an original song or two. I really don’t care either way though lmao.

adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Put me in the camp that doesn’t care for “No Time to Die”. It seems to be building to something that never comes, and it’s positively weird to hear this infant singing midlife crisis lyrics.

Misfire.

Still excited for the movie, though. Phoebe!

DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1228234688654798849?s=20 Booksmart filmmaker Olivia Wilde is set to direct Kerri Strug biopic Perfect, The film, based on the book Landing On My Feet, A Diary Of Dreams by Strug and John P. Lopez, tells the true story of the gymnast’s triumph against the odds to win Team USA’s first gold medal at the 1996 Olympics. Strug was hailed as an American hero when she completed her final vault at the Atlanta games on a badly injured ankle to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat The partners will likely be hoping for a similar trajectory to well-received 2017 sports movie I, Tonya, which scored breakout box office and multiple Oscar nominations.

Interesting, it certainly could give a breakout role to a young actress. If this one is already casting perhaps that’ll be her next directing project instead of Don’t Worry, Darling, which seems like a Gone Girl / Woman In The Window type with the chance for an acting nomination for her.

ohrorygilmores
    Participant
    Topics:

The Bond theme is okay-ish. I listened to it this morning, and it didn’t really stick with me. Can’t wait for the movie though (Phoebe! Ana de Armas!).

If it is the only good song of the year, I am not going to be upset about it winning, but I also don’t see how LMM won’t compose a stellar track for In the Heights as well. Disney also has a ton of animated movies coming out, so there’s just no way that NTTD is a lock already.

there's way too many movies that i haven't seen and i'm stressed

ohrorygilmores
    Participant
    Topics:

Booksmart filmmaker Olivia Wilde is set to direct Kerri Strug biopic Perfect, The film, based on the book Landing On My Feet, A Diary Of Dreams by Strug and John P. Lopez, tells the true story of the gymnast’s triumph against the odds to win Team USA’s first gold medal at the 1996 Olympics.

I have to say I am not familiar with the story, but for some reason I immediately thought of Joey King for the role. If the script is good, I feel like she could go far.

there's way too many movies that i haven't seen and i'm stressed

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.