Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
CateNicole
estrelasdealg..
  • CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Why such an early release for Emma? It looks baity and had good reception. The Academy will undoubtedly forget it.

The acting looks atrocious in the trailer.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

seriously had no idea people love skyfall this much, it’s filled to the brims with the corniest cliches of film themes

Nicco
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be great if A.Hopkins could win his second oscar at the age of 84. Unfortunately he won’t campaign (he wasn’t even present at the oscar ceremonies this year) so i don’t think he is going to win. What do you think? Does he have any chances? If he has one, who do you think are going to be his main contenders?

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

It won’t be a weak year for Best Original Song, with potential contenders from…

Annette
    The Boys In The Band
    Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
    In The Heights
    Minions: The Rise of Gru
    No Time To Die
    Onward
    The Prom
    Raya & The Last Dragon
    Respect
    Soul
    Trolls World Tour
    West Side Story

Eilish has the headstart, but momentum can easily go anywhere else throughout the year.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

And Billie Eilish ain’t Lin Manuel Miranda.

Tell that to all her Grammys. Seriously she got more Grammys in one night than he has for his entire career. What a dumb post by you lol

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  PJ Edwards.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  PJ Edwards.
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Tell that to all her Grammys. Seriously she got more Grammys in one night than he has for his entire career. What a dumb post by you lol

Please, stop pretending that the Grammys are prestigious awards. They’re a popularity contest that consistently awards schlock. People in the industry speak with much more respect about Lin Manuel than they do about Billie Eilish. The man’s already been honored by the Kennedy Center and won a fucking Pulitzer Prize before he even turned 40. But go ahead. Measure their success by the fact that she has two more Grammys. What a dumb post by you lol.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

It won’t be a weak year for Best Original Song, with potential contenders from… Annette The Boys In The Band Everybody’s Talking About Jamie In The Heights Minions: The Rise of Gru No Time To Die Onward The Prom Raya & The Last Dragon Respect Soul Trolls World Tour West Side Story Eilish has the headstart, but momentum can easily go anywhere else throughout the year.

After this years weak song category, im looking forward to an tough best song category. Theres probably one song from a movie that no one has heard of that the globes will throw into this race

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

It won’t be a weak year for Best Original Song, with potential contenders from… Annette The Boys In The Band Everybody’s Talking About Jamie In The Heights Minions: The Rise of Gru No Time To Die Onward The Prom Raya & The Last Dragon Respect Soul Trolls World Tour West Side Story Eilish has the headstart, but momentum can easily go anywhere else throughout the year.

Are all of these confirmed to have original songs? I’d be pretty surprised if they tried to make a new song for West Side Story (it they did I’m certain it would be in the credits) since Bernstein is dead, Sondheim probably wouldn’t be too interested in making a new song without Bernstein there, and I think a lot artists would find the idea of making a new song for West Side Story too daunting.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

I will be shocked if In the Heights won’t have a new song written for the movie.

EDIT: There is a new song.
    https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lin-Manuel-Wrote-a-New-Song-for-the-IN-THE-HEIGHTS-Film-20200211

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Hoster1.
    Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

Already starting to feel like Anthony Hopkins is a lock for a nomination, and favorite for the win

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Updated predictions

Picture

1. The Trial of the Chicago 7
    2. Tenet
    3. Hillbilly Elegy
    4. The French Dispatch
    5. Minari
    6. Mank
    7. Ammonite
    8. The Last Duel

P.S. If the Academy go for a blockbuster hit to keep ratings up, it’s either Wonder Woman 1984 or No Time to Die

Director

1. Christopher Nolan – Tenet
    2. Aaron Sorkin – The Trial of Chicago 7
    3. Wes Anderson – The French Dispatch
    4. Ron Howard – Hillbilly Elegy
    5. Lee Isaac Chung – Minari

Actress

1. Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    2. Amy Adams – Hillbilly Elegy
    3. Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman
    4. Kate Winslet – Ammonite (if Saoirse is lead she wins over J-Hud)
    5. Ana de Armas – Blonde

Actor

1. Anthony Hopkins – The Father
    2. Will Smith – King Richard
    3. Joaquin Phoenix – C’mon C’mon
    4. Alessandro Nivola – The Many Saints of Newark
    5. Steven Yeun – Minari

Supporting Actress

1. Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy
    2. Olivia Colman – The Father
    3. Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    4. Ana de Armas – Deep Water
    5. Vera Farmiga – The Many Saints of Newark
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  wolfali.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  wolfali.

FYC BAFTA : Florence Pugh, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Greta Gerwig, Renée & Joaquin
    FYC Oscar ; Renée Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FYC GD : Florence Pugh in all Categories, Wild Rose (Best Song)
    FYC BAFTA TV : Olivia Colman, Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Billie is more of a music artist than Lin Manuel Miranda, so the Grammys would favor her. But he’s also a Grammy winner, so…

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Are all of these confirmed to have original songs? I’d be pretty surprised if they tried to make a new song for West Side Story (it they did I’m certain it would be in the credits) since Bernstein is dead, Sondheim probably wouldn’t be too interested in making a new song without Bernstein there, and I think a lot artists would find the idea of making a new song for West Side Story too daunting.

By no means all confirmed, but several are musicals with an increasing trend to add a new song for film versions of stage musicals (Les Mis, Cats).

Animations tend to have original pop songs too.

There’s normally always a Doc nominee too with a big name songwriter (potentially two spots taken depending on what Diane Warren is doing).

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

JB
    Participant
    Topics:

Of the new musicals “The Prom” and “In the Heights” have confirmed new tunes written for them. “West Side Story” does not. “Everyone’s Talking About Jamie”, we dont know yet…

It’s far too early to even make any predictions for Song as so many players come into the game much much later. We dont even know what films will make any impact til after the festival season. And then there are all the documentary songs and animated films as well…

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Of the new musicals “The Prom” and “In the Heights” have confirmed new tunes written for them. “West Side Story” does not. “Everyone’s Talking About Jamie”, we dont know yet… It’s far too early to even make any predictions for Song as so many players come into the game much much later. We dont even know what films will make any impact til after the festival season. And then there are all the documentary songs and animated films as well…

In the Heights seems like a very safe pick to be nominated and possibly win. People love Lin Manuel, and knowing him, I expect a high level of quality in this song.
    I doubt The Prom’s song will get too far. The score’s widely regarded as being very “meh”, so I don’t think they’re gonna pull out a great number for the film. Also, I think it’ll be hurt by the fact that the film will probably get zero big nominations outside of the Globes (Meryl will get in unless if it’s an extremely strong category, while Corden and the film are maybes depending on if their lineups are weak).
    On the topic of the strength that musical films will have with industry awards, I feel like In the Heights will unfortunately be hurt by West Side Story. West Side Story is one of the most iconic musicals of all time, far more beloved than In the Heights, and it’s got a much more prestigious team behind it to boot. And let’s be honest. Do we think the Academy would be willing to nominate two musicals focused on Latin Americans? It’d be great if they did, but their history with diversity doesn’t bode well for such an idea coming to fruition.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.