Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
CateNicole
estrelasdealg..
  • thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the possibility of Ronan winning is high (especially if both Adams and Close). They should be seprated to prevent vote splitting unless they want to follow the favorite women and the irishmen in the supporting categories. I already have a prediction whos winning the musical or comedy globes. Bill murray (on the rocks) for actor, Rachel zeiger (west side story) for actress, and The french dispatch winning picture.

I don’t know about Zegler. She’s a complete and total unknown, and the role of Maria has never even been able to win a Tony despite being an undeniable lead that’s been frauded into supporting twice. I think Zegler would need to give an undeniable performance to win against all the big names she’ll be up against, and while Maria’s not a bad role, there’s really only so much you can do with a Juliet archetype, same goes for Tony.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know about Zegler. She’s a complete and total unknown, and the role of Maria has never even been able to win a Tony despite being an undeniable lead that’s been frauded into supporting twice. I think Zegler would need to give an undeniable performance to win against all the big names she’ll be up against, and while Maria’s not a bad role, there’s really only so much you can do with a Juliet archetype, same goes for Tony.

I absolutely think elgort has not chance in actor. My gut is telling me Zeiger. I definitely think an actor or actress from a musical is winning (I dont think the globes cant resist giving at least one musical something other than song).  Out of the three wins I mentioned, The french dispatch winning picture comedy im most confident in right now. They are gonna go crazy for a movie about fourign journalists (In my globes predictions, I have it getting the most noms with 6)

fefface
    Participant
    Topics:

At least have the courtesy to put a spoiler warning on this. Or just don’t mention it. I was interested in that movie and I don’t want to hear that.

oh no I am so sorry! I’d seen it in a thread or two here so I assumed it was fine to discuss, my mistake. I’ve edited the comment and my sincerest apologies again.

mansos
    Participant
    Topics:

Having read Hillbilly Elegy, I can say with certainty both Close and Adams are playing supporting roles. There’s no way you can consider either of their characters leading roles without changing the story to its core.

So if they will be up for nominations, it will be in the supporting category and nothing else.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Having read Hillbilly Elegy, I can say with certainty both Close and Adams are playing supporting roles. There’s no way you can consider either of their characters leading roles without changing the story to its core. So if they will be up for nominations, it will be in the supporting category and nothing else.

Which would you say is the better written and/or showier part?

oh no I am so sorry! I’d seen it in a thread or two here so I assumed it was fine to discuss, my mistake. I’ve edited the comment and my sincerest apologies again.

It’s alright. At least you you’re willing to apologize. A lot of other members on this site wouldn’t do that.

I absolutely think elgort has not chance in actor. My gut is telling me Zeiger. I definitely think an actor or actress from a musical is winning (I dont think the globes cant resist giving at least one musical something other than song). Out of the three wins I mentioned, The french dispatch winning picture comedy im most confident in right now. They are gonna go crazy for a movie about fourign journalists (In my globes predictions, I have it getting the most noms with 6)

I don’t think French Dispatch winning is a lock. West Side Story could be a strong competitor.

lady_bird
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt Saoirse is winning anytime soon. She’ll have to wait until her 6-8 nom and then she’ll get her lifetime Oscar!(in the form of Best Supporting Actress as that’s what that award is at this point ). But frankly I really hope that when Saoirse wins it’s for a leading role and with how overdue Adams and Close are I’m pretty sure whoever goes supporting is winning.

I would have given Saoirse the win over Larson in 2015 but that’s just me. I do hope that Ammonite will do well come awards season.

lady_bird
    Participant
    Topics:

Two supporting actresses from the same movie doesn’t automatically cause a split. I can’t see Ronan winning yet, her nominations are just extremely similar to Winslet’s who won on her 8th nod. Close can pull off a Melissa Leo if she has the stronger performance (she’s the one with the juicier material in the books).

Winslet won on her 6th nod but I do get your point.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  lady_bird.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  lady_bird.
    mansos
    Participant
    Topics:

Close’s part is definitely the meatier one, no doubt. Depending on the other nominees, this could very well be her year. It’s the kind of role I could see the voters be into. Adams and her role on the other hand I can’t see winning this, but a nomination is possible. But between the two of them, Close is definitely the frontrunner.

Depending on whether Nightmare Alley is released this year or not, I believe Cate Blanchett is Close’s biggest competition. Going by the 1947 movie, the role is one the Academy very well might think is Oscar worthy, especially with Blanchett playing it. Then again, it might not be released until 2021.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  mansos.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  mansos.
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re judging the performance you have not seen. Aretha Franklin is one of the most influential women in the civil rights movement due to a plethora of songs. Bohemian Rhapsody was the industry’s version of glancing at the aspect of Freddie Mercury’s life. I’m not sure what you are talking about though. Respect and Natural Women are staple songs. Put some respect on the queen.

Ok, first of all…we are all judging performances we didn’t see in this thread. Second, I don’t need to put respect on predictions, calm down. I stated facts, Aretha is not as known and loved as Freddie Mercury and her history is not as known in Hollywood as Judy Garland’s. Not even going to talk about Jennifer Hudson getting a second Oscar because the answer is obvious.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

lady_bird
    Participant
    Topics:

Blanchett is supporting? Anyways it’s too soon to give her a 3rd oscar though a nom would be lovely.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Wash your mouth.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok, first of all…we are all judging performances we didn’t see in this thread. Second, I don’t need to put respect on predictions, calm down. I stated facts, Aretha is not as known and loved as Freddie Mercury and her history is not as known in Hollywood as Judy Garland’s. Not even going to talk about Jennifer Hudson getting a second Oscar because the answer is obvious.

Borrow thatnerdgreg’s soap.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

witch circle

⛧⛧Hillbilly Elegy Will Flop⛧⛧
    ⛧⛧Hillbilly Elegy Will Flop⛧⛧

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Cordelia.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Cordelia.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Borrow thatnerdgreg’s soap.

I will borrow it to stick it up your ass

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

witch circle ⛧⛧Hillbilly Elegy Will Flop⛧⛧ ⛧⛧Hillbilly Elegy Will Flop⛧⛧

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.