Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 521 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
CateNicole
estrelasdealg..
  • estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Promising Young Woman a comedy??? Rlly doesn’t seem it. This film makes Carol look like a comedy.

It looks like a mixture of drama with dark comedy. But that comparison with Carol is a bit ridiculous…

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Shirley is getting buzz from Sundance, especially for Elisabeth Moss. What do we think of her chances? (Odessa Young is getting recognition as well, but I don’t think she’s made enough of a name yet, but we’ll see. It also looks like Michael Stuhlbarg and Logan Lerman don’t have much of a chance).

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like a mixture of drama with dark comedy. But that comparison with Carol is a bit ridiculous…

Why is it ridiculous?

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Ib4 Minari becomes this year’s The Farewell.

All I know for sure is that Jennifer Hudson, Amy Adams, and Glenn Close are going to be major players this season. Oh yeah, and Billie’s locked to win for NTTD. Best Original Song is even more over next year than it is this year.

Tenet will probably do about as well as Inception and Dunkirk did (which means no acting or Screenplay noms). I also think this could be Driver and Dafoe’s year if they play their cards right. Everyone’s saying that Dune will get Picture and Director nods, but I’m doubtful. It feels more like Blade Runner 2049 than Arrival. And I’d be surprised if Spielberg didn’t get West Side Story nominated for Best Picture, since he seems to get name-checked every year.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is it ridiculous?

Because Carol is a pure drama. A lesbian movie set in the 50’s. Promising Young Woman might be a drama but has a lot of dark comedy elements in it. The subject might look super dark but that doesn’t mean it’s a drama.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie having a great night at the Grammys is really good for her Oscar chances next year, the industry will now take her more seriously (if they haven’t already)

lady_bird
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of Mulligan, she’s criminally underrated. How she only has ONE oscar nomination bothers me. She should have beaten Bullock in 2009. Should have been nominated for Shame. I still can’t forget how they snubbed her and Fassbender.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Reactions for The Father from Sundance are out and seems likely to lead to nominations for Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman (with Hopkins having a very healthy chance to win).

Film likened to British AMOUR.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Reactions for The Father from Sundance are out and seems likely to lead to nominations for Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman (with Hopkins having a very healthy chance to win). Film likened to British AMOUR.

Reactions are outstanding. I’m really looking forward to see this. Hopkins is receiving a HUGE amount of acclaim. Olivia as well.

Just a question. Is Olivia lead or supporting?

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Reactions for The Father from Sundance are out and seems likely to lead to nominations for Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman (with Hopkins having a very healthy chance to win). Film likened to British AMOUR.

more white people in the acting categories, yay!

I’m not particularly excited about anyone in the actor race yet but two-time winner anthony hopkins sounds very correct (he already should’ve been for remains of the day)

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Reactions are outstanding. I’m really looking forward to see this. Hopkins is receiving a HUGE amount of acclaim. Olivia as well.

Just a question. Is Olivia lead or supporting?

Some are saying co-lead but based on the play and the description of how the film unfolds based on the Variety and Guardian reviews, it’s very much told from Hopkins’ POV. To secure her nom, hope SPC pushes her in Supporting (they have Pfeiffer’s film as well to push in Lead).

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  musterd.
    Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

Olivia isn’t happening, Anthony has glowing reviews and is surely getting in for Best Actor. Olivia’s ones are just that she’s good enough not Oscar worthy.

You will NOT screw Glenn like that lol.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

I will personally make sure Olivia got 0 nomination! What the hell, you will not screw Glenn like that, I refuse!!!!

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

You know there are 4 other slots available right.

Colman picks good projects and delivers why the hell should she be punished for that.

Teresa Chavez
    Participant
    Topics:

You know there are 4 other slots available right. Colman picks good projects and delivers why the hell should she be punished for that.

I rather NOT like to see Glenn get Bening’ed. Colman is hot (not physically) now.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.