Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 511 through 517 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
CateNicole
estrelasdealg..
  • CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m aware sweetheart, no need to write essays for everything. Just find it funny since How Far I’ll Go was a much bigger song than City of Stars. It’s just HILARIOUS how some of you guys act like he’s undeniable because he’s near the EGOT status… like… okay?

Nobody on this forum is acting like he’s undeniable because he’s near the EGOT status. Nobody. Not one person. Everyone who thinks he’s a very likely winner, myself included, is saying this because his Lin Manuel Miranda. Not because he’s near an EGOT. But because of how he’s continuously proven his GENIUS abilities throughout the past two decades.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Man 2019 has to be the worst Original Song lineup since that year they only nominated 2 songs (2011 I think).

Yep its from 2011. What I find weird is that the globes that year had 5 nominees and there was no overlap with the oscars (masterpiece from WE by madonna won the globe that year)

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

It literally is. 💀 How Far I’ll Go is literally 5x Plat and the official video for the song on Youtube is nearing 1B views, which clearly isn’t all from “Disney obsessed kids” while City Of Stars couldn’t even chart in the Hot 100, the official Youtube upload for it has 40m views and the song only has certifications from Italy. 💀 Obviously I prefer City of Stars and I’m very happy it won but if Miranda is as undeniable some of you guys are acting like he is, he had no reason to lose with the bigger and more remembered song. Yes, he could win this year obviously but I see no reason to doubt others because they’re not nearing EGOT statuses.

As I said, I’m referring to voters. And you’d be surprised just how much Disney obsessed kids watch those videos. Anyway, you’re still acting like anyone ever thought Lin Manuel was going to win that year. We all knew it was La La Land, so his “hilarious” failure you’re referring to isn’t quite as funny as you think it is. Even he must’ve known he didn’t have a chance. Anyway, as Catenicole said before, people aren’t saying he’ll win to complete the PEGOT, they think he’ll win because he’s absolutely beloved (more than Billie Eilish) and he’s one of the most acclaimed songwriters of the century.

loudtoilet
    Participant
    Topics:

On the whole Aretha Franklin debate, while I’m on the “Yeah she’s that important” side of things, I don’t think it really matters when it comes to deciding awards. I don’t think most people know who Edith Piaf is or any of her songs, and yet even with that and La Vie en rose being a foreign language film Marion Cotillard still won for playing her; conversely, we just saw Taron Egerton get snubbed for playing another gay British singing icon who ranks as one of the best-selling artists in history. In terms of what may push Hudson over the edge, the fact that Franklin died recently might do the trick, as well as because (according to an earlier post) Franklin chose Hudson personally for the role. I’m personally stanning Audra MacDonald to be nominated though.

well said. I think the most deciding factor will be how much resemblance Hudson has to Franklin when make up is applied. That certainly helped Malek and Zelwegger for the win and Theron for the nom, while Egerton might have missed out because he didn’t look like young Elton. Also, we’ve seen in case of Bo Rhap, Judy and Bombshell that the movie doesn’t have to be better than average to lock the nom/win for actor/actress if people feel they are seeing the real deal on the screen.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep its from 2011. What I find weird is that the globes that year had 5 nominees and there was no overlap with the oscars (masterpiece from WE by madonna won the globe that year)

What I find strange is the fact that Albert Nobbs managed to receive three nominations but the best part of it, the song ‘Lay Your Head Down’, written by Glenn herself, was completely snubbed. What a travesty. Should have won that Oscar in a cakewalk.

DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

This Best Song squabble is very tedious.

jasperconway1
    Participant
    Topics:

I really see saoirse ronan and kate winslet elevating eachovers performances and i see saoirse taking supporting actress over glenn close who is only hyped for her name more than recent performances

Viewing 7 posts - 511 through 517 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.