Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    The2ndAvenger
    Topics:

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that on the internet I’d be 5 cents richer.

I am here for this comment.

Also, while I think Tenet will perform well at the Oscars, I don’t foresee acting nominations. Inception didn’t get any, and I think it will have close to Inception-level reception.

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Is Mami de Armas a threat? I must make allegiances soon and I’m not feeling some of the others, especially those who have been over nominated.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

Anyone think Invisible Man has a chance to be this year’s Get Out?

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

It’s very good, but it is not near as great as “Get Out.” Elisabeth Moss is excellent, but she’s still not as good as other snubbed horror performances in recent years like Toni Collette, Lupita Nyong’o and Florence Pugh. The sound work is excellent and it could pick up steam there, which would make the best comparison “A Quiet Place” then, I guess.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Nope

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Netflix is very satisfied with de Armas’ work in Blonde. She may not win but nomination looks very, very, very likely. Right now I’m betting on Robbie if Amsterdam comes out in time and she has the material.

Oh Lord, not Robbie. And for a DOR movie, what a mess. You just freaked me out.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Netflix is very satisfied with de Armas’ work in Blonde. She may not win but nomination looks very, very, very likely. Right now I’m betting on Robbie if Amsterdam comes out in time and she has the material.

What exactly does this mean and how do you know?

Profile picture
    Jojo Betzler
    Topics:

I doubt the David O. Russell film will be releasing this year.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Get Out was a sleeper hit and part of the cultural zeitgeist. It won’t be replicate just because another Blumhouse movie is a hit.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Her being good in it doesn’t automatically make a nomination ‘very, very, very likely’

Theres a long way to go yet.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Agreed, but I happen to know that her material is juicy.

Im sure you do, even if you haven’t really explained how.

On another note it looks like Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon will definitely be a 2022 season release. Last I heard they were eyeing a March start date but there haven’t been any updates and still only two announced cast members.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by fefface.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by fefface.
    Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

I doubt the David O. Russell film will be releasing this year.

I can wait 70 years before another of this hack’s movies is released, and then my ashes can wait for like 25 more years. Urgh

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

That her performance is flawless for the material she’s been given? And, an old friend had told me.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by CateNicole.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by CateNicole.
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

If we’re to go by the trend over the past four years that a Supporting Actress winner will also be someone who has won an Emmy then these contenders might have a shot at winning:

Jodie Comer, The Last Duel (won Lead Actress Drama Emmy for Killing Eve in 2019)
    Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy (won multiple Emmys for work on Damages etc)
    Nicole Kidman, The Prom (won Emmy for Big Little Lies)
    Frances McDormand, The French Dispatch (won Emmy for Olive Kitteridge)
    Kate Winslet (if supporting), Ammonite (won Emmy for Mildred Pierce)
    Elisabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins (won Emmy for The Handmaid’s Tale)
    Rita Moreno, West Side Story (won Emmy for Rockford Files)

Those who could win an Emmy before the 2021 Oscars :

Olivia Colman, The Father
    Fiona Shaw, Ammonite
    Shailene Woodley, Prisoner 760

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

If we’re to go by the trend over the past four years that a Supporting Actress winner will also be someone who has won an Emmy then these contenders might have a shot at winning: Jodie Comer, The Last Duel (won Lead Actress Drama Emmy for Killing Eve in 2019) Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy (won multiple Emmys for work on Damages etc) Nicole Kidman, The Prom (won Emmy for Big Little Lies) Frances McDormand, The French Dispatch (won Emmy for Olive Kitteridge) Kate Winslet (if supporting), Ammonite (won Emmy for Mildred Pierce) Elisabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins (won Emmy for The Handmaid’s Tale) Rita Moreno, West Side Story (won Emmy for Rockford Files) Those who could win an Emmy before the 2021 Oscars : Olivia Colman, The Father Fiona Shaw, Ammonite Shailene Woodley, Prisoner 760

Kidman and Moreno’s roles won’t get them nominations.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.