Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

We are talking about just Best Picture over here

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/2021-oscars-best-picture-predictions/#post-1203369357

It includes a link to our evolving story on the contenders.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I doubt the David O. Russell film will be releasing this year.

DOR is known for filming pretty fast, American Hustle was filmed months prior to it’s release so it could come this year for all we know.

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

O’Russell got Lubezki on board for the cinematography. He really wants IT

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

O’Russell got Lubezki on board for the cinematography. He really wants IT

I need a supercut clip of all the times he lost at the Oscars. Bonus: The moment where he raised his full a-hole potential when Riva won Bafta. What a waste of cells.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Maybe she’ll go lead?

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

With No Time to Die now releasing in November, I think that will help Billie’s chances.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

With No Time to Die now releasing in November, I think that will help Billie’s chances.

It certainly makes things a whole lot easier for her. Now her song only has to stay popular for 2 months, whereas Lin Minuel Miranda has to sustain momentum for half a year. Elton did it, but against much weaker competition.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Her song is the only thing that’s gone well in the production of that movie so far in between the delays, the writing situation, the finances, the studio etc.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

It certainly makes things a whole lot easier for her. Now her song only has to stay popular for 2 months, whereas Lin Minuel Miranda has to sustain momentum for half a year. Elton did it, but against much weaker competition.

While the later release will give the song a bump, let’s not forget that it’s already been released and will have been out for months by the time of awards season. This new release will help, but it would’ve been better for her chances if they hadn’t already unveiled the song.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I don’t think Billie’s song being months old by November is a problem tbh. The song was likelier to be overshadowed / forgotten with the film releasing in April, now with the film’s recency near voting, it could resurge her momentum and her campaign could add to that. She just needs to play her cards right and promote the song again around that period.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Billie’s song is awful and will be deservedly ignored. Yes, having a later release date will keep it in some voter’s minds and I wouldnt count out a Globe nomination depending on how the year goes. However, I still say she has not shot at an Oscar nom.

Just because you think it’s awful doesn’t mean thousands of people in the industry will completely ignore the song.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Didn’t the trolls song for Timberlake get released months before?

Profile picture
    awardsdontmatter
    Topics:

OK. Here’s what i absolutely love about Bates. You can just look at a picture of her in character, and feel their essence and the backstory. What move is this still from?

I hope she does win a second in her career. She is one of the greats and I’m so happy she is working regularly again and staying in the spotlight.

Profile picture
    Chimichanggas
    Topics:

We might not see Onwards nominated by the Academy, I just really want Brandi Carlile get in for original song.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.