Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

It would be great to see Hopkins coming for his second oscar but I don’t think Academy will reward a 84 years old actor that has given his best already. I mean how can you be so sure about hopkins sweeping if there are many acclaimed actors in the race like B.Cooper, C.Bale, Chalamet and G.Oldman? Then who knows, probabily driver with eitherAnnette or Ridley Scott’s movie.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Nicco.
    Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

After a relatively quiet year for the Brits (just 1 in each acting category, no British characters) I think 2021 has potential to rebound with several nominations. Some possibilities:

Brits playing Brits

Anthony Hopkins (The Father)

Benedict Cumberbatch (Louis Wain)

Kate Winslet (Ammonite)

Brits playing non-Brits

Tom Holland (Cherry)

Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Eddie Redmayne / Sacha Baron Cohen (Trial of Chicago 7)

Gary Oldman and Tom Burke (Mank)

Daniel Kaluuya (Fred Hampton Movie)

Christian Bale (David O. Russell movie)

Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

It would be great to see Hopkins coming for his second oscar but I don’t think Academy will reward a 84 years old actor that has given his best already. I mean how can you be so sure about hopkins sweeping if there are many acclaimed actors in the race like B.Cooper, C.Bale, Chalamet and G.Oldman? Then who knows, probabily driver with eitherAnnette or Ridley Scott’s movie.

Without wishing to be indelicate, the subject matter of The Father (elderly man battles with his memory) might be a draw for the average Academy voter. Although perhaps its not the sort of movie you want to watch as you grow old.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Without wishing to be indelicate, the subject matter of The Father (elderly man battles with his memory) might be a draw for the average Academy voter. Although perhaps its not the sort of movie you want to watch as you grow old.

Has SPC set a release date for it yet?

Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

What are the chances of Jodie Comer being nominated / winning the category of best supporting actress for The Last Duel?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

So, Cannes is going to be BIG this year. Parasite’s win is big for Cannes not just because it won the Palme, but because it’s an international film winning Best Picture, which means the Oscar buzz isn’t just going to be contained to a handful of American films that premiere mid-year rather than the late-year festival circuit. I wonder what international distributors are going to do to try and find the “next Parasite” or prop up films they already have.

To be fair, TIFF was the big thing after GB win and they did have Parasite as their second runner-up (behind Jojo Rabbit the winner, and Marriage story the first runner up). I don’t think that one win makes a festival an automatic oracle of oracles. It’s more a combo of receptions such as this one-two punch of Cannes and TIFF.

Just saw trailer for In the Heights. This gonna be big.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by loudtoilet.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by loudtoilet.
    Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

dunno if it was posted before, but there’s a Adam Mckay/Jennifer Lawrence comedy film from NETFLIX dropping later this year. (apparently it’ll start shoot on April)

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/jennifer-lawrence-adam-mckay-netflix-comedy-1203507766/

Jennifer Lawrence will star in Adam McKay’s upcoming film “Don’t Look Up,” a comedy set to debut on Netflix later this year.

The movie, also written by McKay, follows two low-level astronomers who embark on media tour to warn mankind of an approaching asteroid that will destroy planet Earth.

Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

Netflix thirsty for that awards clout

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

McKay is such mediocrity when he’s trying to be Oscar baity. I adore Talladega Nights but his Oscar opus is big fat zzzz. lets hope Jennifer Lawrence movie is more the former and less the latter.

Profile picture
    InkySquid 2000
    Topics:

My predictions for best Original Screenplay

No Time to Die

Tenet

The French Dispatch

Onward

Soul

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

yeah, if Tenet is a critical hit (as well as boxoffice) it’s in for Original. Since WB has 2 high-profile sci fi’s, this and Dune (Adapted), it’s gonna be interesting to see which one gets Picture/Director. I wish both get in but it’s a tough call for 1 studio.

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

My predictions for best Original Screenplay No Time to Die Tenet The French Dispatch Onward Soul

No Time To Die would go into Adapted as it’s based on Ian Fleming’s work.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Why is this thread even open? We all know what’s gonna sweep

MaMaLand

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Any predictions about Will Smith in King Richard? Should be at least a big boxoffice hit. Serena, Venus, family drama, showy role, November release (wonder if they’ll catch fall festivals).

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Why is this thread even open? We all know what’s gonna sweep MaMaLand

Twitter is getting on my last damn nerve today

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.