Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 423 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
thatnerdgreg
  • Luke Dias
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d stan Comer for a nomination, and I think the Academy will gnaw their teeth into the socially relevant role she has. It all depends on whether the film is good or not, but I don’t think she’ll win since she’s almost entirely known for TV work and doesn’t have the long history that Regina King did.

As for that David O. Russell film with Bale, is it even coming out this year? It just got announced. Either way, knowing Russell’s track record the past decade Bale would probably be a lock, though I’m personally rooting for Michael B. Jordan for that movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    loudtoilet
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d stan Comer for a nomination, and I think the Academy will gnaw their teeth into the socially relevant role she has. It all depends on whether the film is good or not, but I don’t think she’ll win since she’s almost entirely known for TV work and doesn’t have the long history that Regina King did. 

Nominated ingenues can go either way. For every Welcome 2 the Club filler nom a la Robbie’s first, JLaw’s first, Pugh, etc there’s Alicia Vikander or Lupita Nyong’o who actually wins from the first try. So Comer is more comparable to these young actresses than a veteran like King.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  loudtoilet.
    ReplyCopy URL
    loudtoilet
    Participant
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: no actor/actress is great at everything. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses which is why most of them find a comfort zone and stick to it, uncosnciously or consciously.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion: no actor/actress is great at everything. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses which is why most of them find a comfort zone and stick to it, uncosnciously or consciously.

Disagreed.

ReplyCopy URL
    jasperconway1
    Participant
    Topics:

Just have this feeling saoirse w

ReplyCopy URL
    jasperconway1
    Participant
    Topics:

Just have this feeling saoirse will get supporting, so many nominations in short space of time, she is beloved by academy clearly and if kate gets in and film will definitely be my pick

ReplyCopy URL
    Tooner
    Participant
    Topics:

Ammonite could end up being Clemency 2.0 if Neon finds something else to support so I see it being a Mary Queen of Flops for Saoirse, awards wise

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Do some posters seriously think Frances is winning her third Oscar when she just won her second?

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Willem Dafoe doing anything this year? Want to put my support for him getting a nomination pre-emptively so I can prepare for inevitable disappointment as some mediocre overexposed actor takes his slot like happened this year.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Willem Dafoe doing anything this year? Want to put my support for him getting a nomination pre-emptively so I can prepare for inevitable disappointment as some mediocre overexposed actor takes his slot like happened this year.

He has Nightmare Alley but not much of a role. A supporting actor nomination would most likely come from Jenkins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Participant
    Topics:

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that Jodie Foster is going to be a supporting nominee for ‘Prisoner 760’. It has been 25 years since she was last nominated and if she shows a little bit of interest in her career she can win her 3rd. I mean if someone like Frances Mcdormand win another Oscar she can definetly win her 3rd.

ReplyCopy URL
    lanadelol
    Participant
    Topics:

it was briefly discussed in part 2 and frankly that was enough

it’s bizarre the way day’s label keeps pushing her, she got unnecessary performance slots at the grammys like four years in a row and now she’s playing the greatest woman singer ever lived? gurl bye

lol i wouldn’t go so far as to say billie holiday was the greatest singer who ever lived, and i’m surprised to see you say that after how dismissive you were about aretha, but girl anyway… this is her film debut, so she may or may not be good in the role, but she certainly looks like her and can sing like her. lee daniels is good at pulling great performances out of actors, so we’ll have to see

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

and I’m surprised to see you say that after how dismissive you were about aretha

I don’t recall being dismissive about aretha other than on the upcoming biopic, and that’s only because I’m certain jhud won’t be able to capture the sheer greatness of her voice, you’ve probably mistaken me for another user but if I did say anything negative of the queen herself, please do pardon me

I find billie’s timing and phrasing abilities simply unmatched amongst any voices to have been recorded, but I suppose aretha is the more universally acceptable pick as the greatest vocalist ever, and I’m fully at peace with that

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I think a woman will be nominated for director this year. Granted, the same thing was said last year, but this year it seems that a good number of the top contenders are directed by women (whereas last year the only female-directed contender that ended up having major pull was Little Women).

Watch out for Chloé Zhao, Lila Neugebauer, and Sofia Coppola.

ReplyCopy URL
    DevonshireGold
    Participant
    Topics:

I think a woman will be nominated for director this year. Granted, the same thing was said last year, but this year it seems that a good number of the top contenders are directed by women (whereas last year the only female-directed contender that ended up having major pull was Little Women). Watch out for Chloé Zhao, Lila Neugebauer, and Sofia Coppola.

I desperately hope one does. I think Coppola has a good chance. It’s easier for new directors to get in if they’ve written the script so I don’t think Neugebauer has a great shot. Nomadland needs to be exceptional to overcome the somewhat dour subject matter. If Zhao turns The Eternals into a huge hit that could help.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.