Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 514 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is NOT a great actress. Villanelle just suits her well.

She’s very, very good in Thirteen. Also strong in Doctor Foster, although that’s a supporting role.

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

After the lukewarm reception to My Salinger Year at Berlin I would take Sigourney Weaver off Supporting Actress lists.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Ammonite could end up being Clemency 2.0 if Neon finds something else to support so I see it being a Mary Queen of Flops for Saoirse, awards wise

I know you’re talking about it in terms of promo, but Ammonite is Carol 2.0. And Nightmare Alley is also Carol 2.0.

Profile picture
    Nikhil
    Topics:

And Nightmare Alley is also Carol 2.0.

I don’t follow. Will you explain this?

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I don’t follow. Will you explain this?

I think it’s due to Nightmare Alley set photos of Mara and Blanchett together which look like they’ve been taken from the set of a Carol sequel

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

Precisely. And then in Ammonite, we have a Kate (different spelling) playing an older woman in a romantic relationship with a much younger woman a la Carol. Of course we don’t actually have two Carol sequels coming out, but it feels like that to me in a way lol. At least we have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QljnNIBtaI

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

SHOOK that The Last Thing He Wanted just straight up dropped on Netflix. There goes that….

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Random predictions for the season. These are all shots in the dark so don’t take them too seriously.

I don’t think Ammonite will be a hit overall. But, if Kate and Saoirse are getting in, then I think they’re getting in together or neither at all.

Ironbark won’t be a thing.

Last Night in Soho will be WAY bigger than we think. Picture, Wright for director, and I think Wright and Wilson-Cairns could win screenplay. It seems like a strong drama with a good cast, and Wilson-Cairns has proven that she can do good screenplay work, so I see this one being VERY popular when it comes out and being a crazy wild card.

Minari will be this season’s The Farewell. Beloved critically and by film circles online, but never picking up enough momentum to get big gold.

Happiest Season (Clea DuVall’s lesbian rom-com) will pick up an Original Screenplay nom. Gives me big When Harry Met Sally / Bridesmaids vibes, a sweet comedy with dramatic elements, and it has the added The Big Sick plus of focusing on an aspect that doesn’t usually get focus.

Wes Anderson will be widely predicted to get in for director but will be snubbed. The French Dispatch won’t be as big as we think it’ll be (and certainly no nomination for Timothée).

The Eternals will be a HUGE hit with critics and fans (Black Panther-style) and while I don’t think it has a chance at Picture, it’ll get a bunch of below-the-line nominations, and will boost Chloé Zhao to a director nomination for Nomadland.

Dune will be this year’s Blade Runner 2049.

Annette will be a hit at the Globes, but the only way it’ll transfer through to Oscars is through Adam Driver.

Blonde will be Netflix’s surprise hit.

In the Heights, The Prom, and West Side Story won’t make it past the Globes.

News of the World will flop and not end up coming even close to nominations.

Lead Actress will be Ana de Armas vs Jennifer Lawrence.

Red, White and Water and The Trial of the Chicago 7 will do very well.

Angelina Jolie will be the most controversial surprise snub.

Brian Tyree Henry will get his first Oscar nomination.

Da 5 Bloods will lead the nominations, and Spike Lee will be VERY close to a Director win.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Brian Tyree Henry will get his first Oscar nomination. 

I hope so. Hes such a great actor and deserves to be recognized

Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

Annette will be a hit at the Globes, but the only way it’ll transfer through to Oscars is through Adam Driver.

LMAO basic Golden Globes will never choose a Leos Carax (LEOS CARAX!!) film over a Lin-Manuel Miranda feel good musical

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

SHOOK that The Last Thing He Wanted just straight up dropped on Netflix. There goes that….

Oh shit – is it even getting a theatrical release? The Sundance reviews were brutal so clearly they’re not even trying to make it a success.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Blonde will be Netflix’s surprise hit.

Lead Actress will be Ana de Armas vs Jennifer Lawrence.

Apparently Blonde is pretty experimental and has very little dialogue, both of which could hurt it.

Annette also has no dialogue, which again could hurt it.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by fefface.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by fefface.
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

LMAO basic Golden Globes will never choose a Leos Carax (LEOS CARAX!!) film over a Lin-Manuel Miranda feel good musical

I never said it’ll be chosen over In the Heights, lol. I completely agree with you, I just think it’ll get nods at the Globes alongside the more traditional musicals.

Profile picture
    DevonshireGold
    Topics:

Good tip about Last Night In Soho.

I would love it if Happiest Season broke out. The calibre of the cast suggests the script is strong. Brian Tyree Henry could have a nice one-two punch of Eternals and Red, White and Water.

Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

If theres a film that gets into Original Screenplay based on (besides a good screenplay) B.O success, I think its gonna be Barb and Star Go To Vista Del Mar.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.