Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
thatnerdgreg
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

that’s the one with tom holland right? boy has he got a slate full of potential flops coming up, why can’t he do some more dramatic stuff that he’s clearly capable of

Yeah Chaos Walking already flopped and it hasn’t even been released yet. Delayed two years because it was ‘unreleasable’

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Ooh, looking forward to this. Wondering if Adam Driver can leverage momentum from Marriage Story to become a big player this season. It’ll probably be too unconventional a movie to be a big Best Picture contender unless there’s a shift in direction, but this seems like a performance contender.

It could potentially be a contender for both him and Marion Cotillard. But it is entirely sung through so a lot will depend on how that goes down. Les Mis got nods for sung through performances so we’ll see. Cannes will tell us!

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

that’s the one with tom holland right? boy has he got a slate full of potential flops coming up, why can’t he do some more dramatic stuff that he’s clearly capable of

He’s got Cherry at least. That seems promising.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    RealLyre852
    Topics:

It could potentially be a contender for both him and Marion Cotillard. But it is entirely sung through so a lot will depend on how that goes down. Les Mis got nods for sung through performances so we’ll see. Cannes will tell us!

Annette has been on my radar for a while but I doubt it would actually win anything big at Cannes cus it will be in english (it’s Leos Carax’s english language debut). and the Cannes Jury usually prefer awarding non-english speaking movies. though it will def start building buzz if it’s great and Amazon will market the shit out of it in the Fall

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Annette has been on my radar for a while but I doubt it would actually win anything big at Cannes cus it will be in english (it’s Leos Carax’s english language debut). and the Cannes Jury usually prefer awarding non-english speaking movies. though it will def start building buzz if it’s great and Amazon will market the shit out of it in the Fall

Maybe. But it’s not uncommon for English-language films to win the Grand Prix (most recently Blackkklansman)

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

If Olivia, Saoirse, Amy and Jodie all get in for supporting actress, I have no idea who I’m gonna root for. I’ll be thrilled with any wins

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

No one is saying that Dune is going to win the “above-the-line” awards. 

The initial poster literally said both this film and the sequel would win Best Picture.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Early Predictions. Everything listed alphabetically.

Best Picture
    Blonde (Netflix)
    Da 5 Bloods (Netflix)
    Dune (Warner Bros)
    The French Dispacth (Searchlight)
    Hillbilly Elegy (Netflix)
    Mank (Netflix)
    Minari (A24)
    Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Paramount)
    West Side Story (20th Century)

Director
    Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
    David Fincher, Mank
    Aaron Sorkin, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    Denis Villeneuve, Dune

Best Actress
    Ana De Armas, Blonde
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White and Water
    Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    Kate Winslet, Ammonite

Best Actor
    Chad Boseman, Da 5 Bloods
    Timothée Chalamet, Dune
    Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    Ansel Elgort, West Side Story
    Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Supporting Actress
    Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy
    Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy
    Olivia Colman, The Father
    Saoirse Ronan, Ammonite
    Youn Yuh-jung, Minari

Supporting Actor
    Tom Burke, Mank
    Willem Dafoe, Nightmare Alley
    Michael Keaton, The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Johnathan Majors, Da 5 Bloods
    Benico Del Toro, The French Dispatch

Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

I wonder that if Ana de Armas has the performance and the critical acclaim could she win like Renée this year? Beloved icon who was also used by Hollywood only to have a tragic ending. Or could end up like Egerton?

Also I think Dune is getting technical noms but might fail in big categories. WB is definitely gonna prioritize Nolan in director.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I wonder that if Ana de Armas has the performance and the critical acclaim could she win like Renée this year? Beloved icon who was also used by Hollywood only to have a tragic ending. Or could end up like Egerton? Also I think Dune is getting technical noms but might fail in big categories. WB is definitely gonna prioritize Nolan in director.

Apparently Blonde is very experimental and features almost no dialogue, so it’s definitely different from the sort of biopic performances that usually get rewarded. Also I think if the Academy just goes for another biopic winner so soon it will just look ridiculous.

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Already prepared to watch Christopher Nolan break then reinvent the rules with Tenet only to get criminally snubbed to an inferior film… again

For Your Consideration Emmys 2020:
    Ramin Djawadi- Outstanding Music Composition, "Westworld"

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

Frances MCDormand isn’t winning a 3rd Oscar anytime soon. In fact she might never. Oscars aren’t candies so they will distribute them like that lol! — Bette Davis herself has never hidden this burning desire or winning a 3rd Oscar and despite having THE performance, they never cared enough to make her a 3rd time Oscar winner. I mean her though, she was snubbed for that breakthrough performance, then happened to win for these two performances that was already forgotten by 1940. She managed to give great performances one after the other but never won again while she should have. Anyways, Frances Mcdormand doesn’t have Meryl Streep’s reputation, nor DLL’s versatility. She’s liked and likable, 2 wins are enough for her.

I didn’t say McDormand was going to win a 3rd. I meant if she can win a 2nd Oscar then Jodie can win a 3rd. And i don’t see Jodie winning another leading Oscar but supporting or director is not out of the question. If only she cared enough.

Profile picture
    reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

Last Night in Soho will be WAY bigger than we think. Picture, Wright for director, and I think Wright and Wilson-Cairns could win screenplay. It seems like a strong drama with a good cast, and Wilson-Cairns has proven that she can do good screenplay work, so I see this one being VERY popular when it comes out and being a crazy wild card.

Hoping this is the case. I’ve been waiting for Thomasin Mckenzie to break through for three years now, she’s easily the best young actress currently active and didn’t get nearly enough credit for her performance in Jojo.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I have a hunch that McKenzie will be a passion pick in supporting actress. Will miss Globes and SAG but shock everyone on Oscar nomination morning.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Hoping this is the case. I’ve been waiting for Thomasin Mckenzie to break through for three years now, she’s easily the best young actress currently active and didn’t get nearly enough credit for her performance in Jojo.

I said from the beginning, she should’ve been nominated over Scarlett. In an ideal world both of them would’ve made the cut.

Anyway, I just saw that Paul Walter Houser is in Da 5 Bloods. Good for him getting as much work as he is. For an overweight actor who’s first big film (I, Tonya) had him play the part of the classic “fat idiot” stereotype (in a way that was legitimately entertain though), I’m surprised and pleased to see him getting into several fairly big dramatic pictures.

I also just saw that Norm Lewis is in the film as well. It’s good to see a great Broadway veteran getting a chance to act in a film that’s likely gonna be pretty big.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.