Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Nicco
Stank83
_m4gnu5_
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue discussing in Part 4.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Reposting because it was right at the end of the last thread:

first trailer for Da 5 Bloods

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Current predictions for Da 5 Bloods:

Picture
    Director
    Supporting Actor – Chadwick Boseman
    Original Screenplay
    Editing
    Cinematography
    Sound

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Trailer looks good. I’ll be interested to see how the different aspect ratios work out. We’ve seen Wes Anderson do something like this with Grand Budapest Hotel, but that was mostly confined to one story and ratio, so it didn’t seem too distracting. This trailer shows the different ratios evenly, which makes me possibly worried that the film will be switching between them a lot which could come across as jarring to some people. However, Spike Lee’s proven that he’s an excellent director, so I have faith that he’ll handle this concept well.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Da 5 Bloods for the win in Picture and Directing.

Lindo gets in Lead

Boseman gets in Supporting

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Stank83.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Stank83.
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Reposting because it was right at the end of the last thread: first trailer for Da 5 Bloods

trailer felt like two or more different movies. I loved it though, but I don’t know if it’s a Drama or comedy

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Da 5 Bloods looks so good. Acting noms for my men Delroy and Chadwick ❤️

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Trailer looks good. I’ll be interested to see how the different aspect ratios work out. We’ve seen Wes Anderson do something like this with Grand Budapest Hotel, but that was mostly confined to one story and ratio, so it didn’t seem too distracting. This trailer shows the different ratios evenly, which makes me possibly worried that the film will be switching between them a lot which could come across as jarring to some people. However, Spike Lee’s proven that he’s an excellent director, so I have faith that he’ll handle this concept well.

I think it’s fairly straightforward – the narrower film aspect ratio is for the Vietnam flashbacks, the wider digital (?) is for present-day material. I like that it’s not just aspect ratio but also how it’s actually filmed – the grainier, more faded film and the way more visually clear present day.

Anyway, this looks great, and honestly if it delivers a good level of quality, it might be the Best Director winner and Best Picture winner.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

If picture and director splits, I can see Spike Lee winning director and picture going to Mank or The Trial of the Chicago 7.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I think it’s fairly straightforward – the narrower film aspect ratio is for the Vietnam flashbacks, the wider digital (?) is for present-day material. I like that it’s not just aspect ratio but also how it’s actually filmed – the grainier, more faded film and the way more visually clear present day. Anyway, this looks great, and honestly if it delivers a good level of quality, it might be the Best Director winner and Best Picture winner.

No, I figured that. I’m just saying, in contrast to Grand Budapest, which was primarily just one aspect ratio, this seems like it’s gonna bounce back and forth a lot, which makes me wonder if it may be too much for casual viewers.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think it’s fairly straightforward – the narrower film aspect ratio is for the Vietnam flashbacks, the wider digital (?) is for present-day material. I like that it’s not just aspect ratio but also how it’s actually filmed – the grainier, more faded film and the way more visually clear present day.

If only a certain other film that was recently released and took place in different time periods could use such a tactic.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

If picture and director splits, I can see Spike Lee winning director and picture going to Mank or The Trial of the Chicago 7.

I still think Fincher will win Director, since most people think he’s way overdue and he came close in 2010. I have no idea what will win Picture, but unless there really are no other options I feel like the Oscars will be resistant towards Netflix winning Picture, especially with the theatrical film industry in so much more peril than usual.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

To those of us in the US, is there any chance of cinemas getting re-opened soon?

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

No.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

To those of us in the US, is there any chance of cinemas getting re-opened soon?

I don’t know if this is true but I’ve heard that meetings are in progress about either or not cinemas might re-open in July.

FYC Emmys:

THE CROWN

Jane Lapotaire (Drama Guest Actress)
    Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Josh O'Connor (Drama Supporting Actor)
    Olivia Colman (Drama Actress)
    Tobias Menzies (Drama Actor)
    Charles Dance (Drama Guest Actor)

KILLING EVE

Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress)
    Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Evgenia Dodina (Drama Guest Actress)
    Sean Delaney (Drama Guest Actor)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.