Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Nicco
Stank83
_m4gnu5_
  • Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

If Ammonite doesn’t come out this year it will hurt Winslet’s chances at the academy awards in 2022 because that year actress category will be insanely crowded. In 2022 there are going to be also De Armas, Blanchett, Cotillard, Lawrence, E.Stone and who knows how many others. If NEON wants to assure at least acting nominees (with many chances of winning) it would b better if the movie comes out this year.

Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

Yeah I feel like Winslet and Saoirse has better chances this upcoming season than the next.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

In a just world Ronan shouldn’t have any chance against Winslet. Kate is on an other level,  she plays in her own league. Simply the best actress ever along with Catherine Hepburne. But I know the academy just loves Ronan and it will more easily reward her rather than K.W.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Saoirse is probably supporting, so they won’t be competing

Profile picture
    lady_bird
    Topics:

In a just world Ronan shouldn’t have any chance against Winslet. Kate is on an other level, she plays in her own league. Simply the best actress ever along with Catherine Hepburne. But I know the academy just loves Ronan and it will more easily reward her rather than K.W.

We know you’re a Winslet stan but pleaseeee slow down. If we’re talking about Kate the better Cate is Cate Blanchett. And why do you have to compare Winslet to Ronan when they’re probably not even competing against one another? I-

Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

So it seems that the 2021 academy awards edition is going to be slender while the 2022 is going to be crowded right?

You’d think that would translate to Elisabeth Moss sneaking into Best Actress for Invisible Man.

I just love movies. And awards.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

In a just world Ronan shouldn’t have any chance against Winslet. Kate is on an other level, she plays in her own league. Simply the best actress ever along with Catherine Hepburne. But I know the academy just loves Ronan and it will more easily reward her rather than K.W.

How about we wait to actually see the movie before we start claiming that Winslet’s performance is better?

You’d think that would translate to Elisabeth Moss sneaking into Best Actress for Invisible Man.

If Lupita Nyong’o couldn’t get into the weakest actress category of the decade last year, Elisabeth Moss won’t make it in this year.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Did anyone have seen Hopkins in “The Father” ? I love Hopkins But is he really that good in the movie? Do you really think he is going to be the frontrunner more than Chalamet,  Oldman, Bale and Redmayne?

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Did anyone have seen Hopkins in “The Father” ? I love Hopkins But is he really that good in the movie? Do you really think he is going to be the frontrunner more than Chalamet, Oldman, Bale and Redmayne?

Maybe not Oldman, but I’m pretty sure he’s ahead of those other guys. Many people have noted that Chalamet’s role in the source material isn’t the kind of character that awards bodies will likely go for (I also think the overall movie is being overestimated), Redmayne already has a recent and unpopular win, and he might not even go lead (given Baron Cohen is apparently supposed to be billed first he’s most likely to go that route), and I’m not really expecting David O. Russell to be welcomed back with open arms after everyone hated Joy and his asshole tendencies have become more clear. Maybe Bale can still make it in, but I think the time of O. Russell’s films being Oscar darlings is over.

Also, I’m guessing Bale and Chalamet’s movies aren’t going to be eligible this year.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

As I said before, Amsterdam (or whatever the new O’ Russell movie is called) is likely a 2021 release since we’re in June and no one has yet started or resumed shooting.

You’re right about Dune, it doesn’t feel an acting play and I don’t even think it’s going to keep its December date with this whole pandemic going on.

Profile picture
    Royal Night
    Topics:

I’m selfishly hoping Ammonite comes out this year because I’m hoping then Neon would launch a good campaign for Tilda Swinton for Memoria next year and not have to compete with Winslet for campaign attention. Memoria was surprisingly not mentioned as a Cannes Selection yesterday, but I just read that it is not complete and they are hoping to use the buzz from an actual Cannes in 2021 to launch the film.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

For the academy awards in 2022 who do you think made the right choice to win leading actor? B.Cooper with Del Toro’s Nightmare Alley or DiCaprio with Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon?

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Gary Oldman is not winning anything, he had to wait over 30 years to receive his first nomination, then almost 6 years afterwards to finally win his first Oscar out of a huge overdue narrative, I do not think he is winning next year. If anything Hopkins is 100% winning considering the year we are having, his track record with the Academy (just got his 5th nomination this year) and the winning reviews he received earlier at Sundance.

I don’t think Oldman’s winning, I’m predicting Hopkins. But out of the names that were mentioned, he’s the only one I’m taking too seriously. We know he’s an amazing actor, and I think his film will be a big player, so he shouldn’t be completely counted out like that.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Did anyone have seen Hopkins in “The Father” ? I love Hopkins But is he really that good in the movie? Do you really think he is going to be the frontrunner more than Chalamet, Oldman, Bale and Redmayne?

Hopkins is said to have given an all time great performance so he is an easy frontrunner.

Villeneuve movies always deserve acting nominations (Jackman, Gyllenhaal twice, Blunt, del Toro, Adams, Gosling), but never get them, even Amy Adams who seemed like a lock at the time.

Gary Oldman just won, he is probably a lock for the nomination but not the win.

Amsterdam will probably not come out this year. Even if it does, we have nothing to suggest what categories it will be a frontrunner in.

The Trial of the Chicago 7 might not even have a lead (like Spotlight). Redmayne has a decent shot in supporting but I would predict Sacha Baron Cohen over him.

For the academy awards in 2022 who do you think made the right choice to win leading actor? B.Cooper with Del Toro’s Nightmare Alley or DiCaprio with Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon?

I would say Cooper, but for his Bernstein project. He could win for it.

And DiCaprio is probably supporting for Flower Moon.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Regarding 2021/2022 is too premature to know.

For example, I don’t think the Bernstein biopic will be done for 2021, maybe for 2022. Cooper still has to finish Nightmare Alley which is already a tentative 2021 release.

Regarding Flower Moon (which is a tentative 2021 release, but we don’t know when it will start shooting and if DiCaprio will shoot before the McKay project or another one on the cards), it’s confirmed that DiCaprio will be the leading character, and DeNiro the supporting one.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.