Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Nicco
Stank83
_m4gnu5_
  • Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

The Last Duel hasn’t even finished filming yet. It’s already June and a production that size probably won’t resume until later this summer, at best. I’d say it’s definitely a 2021 release.

Profile picture
    The2ndAvenger
    Topics:

If Toni Collette couldn’t get nominated for Hereditary, and Lupita Nyong’o couldn’t get nominated for Us (even though she was the most acclaimed performance in one of the emptiest fields of all time), then Elisabeth Moss isn’t getting nominated for The Invisible Man.

I mean I’d agree, but quite frankly I think this year’s field is going to make last year look full. Just because there are going to be like four movies. I say Moss is going to get in.

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

@Jays i read that it is a 25th December release.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

@Jays i read that it is a 25th December release.

That’s when it was scheduled to be released before they had to stop filming because of the corona virus. Even if they do somehow pull off that release date, I wouldn’t expect it to be a huge player. Sounds like a flop and the set photos don’t inspire much confidence.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:
    1. @Jays Do you know something about the budget of the film?
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I read that The Last Duel is surely going to be released this year and I fear the mockery for Anthony Hopkins. I think that Adam Driver is going to take the Oscar because the accademy wants to reward him and they could say “ok Hopkins has already an oscar he doesn’t need an other one at the age of 84”. So I think Driver is a lock for actor, the frotrunner number one. As well as Viola Davis is clearly the frontrunner.

I’m guessing Driver goes supporting. And it’s worth noting, while I can definitely see the movie getting pushed back, I think it is possible that Scott could get it done. In a remarkably short amount of time, he was able to completely remove Kevin Spacey from All the Money in the World and get Christopher Plummer in there instead. Granted, that was just one part of a movie while this is the bigger picture, but it still shows that he can work impressively fast.

I mean I’d agree, but quite frankly I think this year’s field is going to make last year look full. Just because there are going to be like four movies. I say Moss is going to get in.

Still, last year only had 7 contenders of note (I’m not counting Woodard because I knew nobody watching her film doomed her from the start). Even under these circumstances, I can’t imagine a field weaker than last year. Moss for a horror film is a pipe dream, especially when she has more awards friendly films coming out in the same year. I’d say she’s definitely more likely to get in for Shirley.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

@thatnerdgreg “movie getting pushed back” you mean it will be a flop? Anyway i think Damon is going in supporting category while Driver wIll be lead.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

@thatnerdgreg “movie getting pushed back” you mean it will be a flop? Anyway i think Damon is going in supporting category while Driver wIll be lead.

No, I’m talking about the release date.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

@Jays Actually they’re trying to finish it and release it this December.  Ridley Scott proved that he can work very fast in the past. He made it with “All the Money in the World”

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Last Duel won’t probably resume production until August or September.
    It’s easily a 2021 release, and I don’t see it as an acting player to get noms, it’s probably meant to be more commercial/crowd pleasing.

But for me Scott doesn’t inspire me much confidence, he can be hit and miss, and like Jays said, i expect it too to be a flop.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I read that The Last Duel is surely going to be released this year and I fear the mockery for Anthony Hopkins. I think that Adam Driver is going to take the Oscar because the academy wants to reward him and they could say “ok Hopkins has already an oscar he doesn’t need an other one at the age of 84”. So I think Driver is a lock for actor, the frontrunner number one. As well as Viola Davis is clearly the frontrunner.

There’s no way The Last Duel will be released this year. Ridley Scott ill try his best but they still need to finish half of the filming and post production, with probably about 5 months left in the year. That just isn’t feasible.

Even if it does come out this year I think it will be pretty weak. Maybe Driver will get a nom, but that’s all I’m expecting.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

@Stank83 i know that the movie may be a flop But this doesn’t mean that Driver can’t be the frontrunner. He actually is the front runner. Even Blue Jasmine and Still Alice were not great movies but Blanchett and More won in the leading actress category.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I do think Driver will be a huge contender for Best Actor if Annette stays in 2020. The fact that Anthony Hopkins didn’t even show up last year will seriously hurt his chances at winning a second. The only problem is Annette doesn’t feel like a Picture nominee: it’ll probably just get nominations for Driver and Cottiard.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    The2ndAvenger
    Topics:

Still, last year only had 7 contenders of note (I’m not counting Woodard because I knew nobody watching her film doomed her from the start). Even under these circumstances, I can’t imagine a field weaker than last year. Moss for a horror film is a pipe dream, especially when she has more awards friendly films coming out in the same year. I’d say she’s definitely more likely to get in for Shirley.

OK, can you think of over 7 contenders this year?

I hadn’t heard about Shirley, but actually I agree.

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo

Profile picture
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Topics:

OK, can you think of over 7 contenders this year? I hadn’t heard about Shirley, but actually I agree.

• Viola Davis, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    • Amy Adams, Hillbilly Elegy
    • Rashida Jones, On the Rocks
    • Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    • Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    • Melissa McCarthy, The Starling
    • Kate Winslet, Ammonite
    • Meryl Streep, The Prom
    • Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
    • Rachel Zegler, West Side Story
    • Maybe 2021; Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White, and Water
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.