Home Forums Movies Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Nicco
Stank83
_m4gnu5_
  • Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This is good but you should list Michelle Pfeiffer for “French Exit” in second place and Jennifer Lawrence for “Red White and Water” in third place. I think for lead male actor should be something like this :</p>
    1) Bill Murray-On the Rocks

2) E.
    Redmayne

3) Anthony Hopkins-The Father

4) Gary Oldman-Mank

5) Michael Fassbender-Next Goal Wins

Profile picture
    m844
    Topics:

As well as Viola Davis is clearly the frontrunner.

I’m hopeful for Viola Davis, but unless if her movie is a Best Picture contender, it will be a difficult road ahead. Also, I’m hopeful for Glenn Close as well in Supporting Actress. I know last summer, people were speculating that Cynthia Erivo in Harriet was the frontrunner but that was before Renee Zellweger’s performance in Judy premiered at Toronto. To be fair, Erivo was nominated for the Oscar, but no one had a shot against Zellweger.

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

There’s no reason why V.Davis needs her movie to be an Oscar picture contender in order to win best actress. In recent years Zellweger won best actress for Judy as well as Cate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine that were not into the conversation for best picture. She’s the the frontrunner and for actors i currently have theese lists of favourites :

1) Bill Murray-On the Rocks

2) Gary Oldman-Mank

3) Anthony Hopkins-The Father

4) Michael Fassbender-Next Goal Wins

5) Eddie Redmayne-TTOC7

Actress

1) Viola Davis-Ma Rainey Black Bottom

2) Michelle Pfeiffer-The French Exit

3) Jennifer Lawrence-Red White Water

4) Jennifer Hudson-Respect

5) Jessica Chastain-The Eyes of Tommy Faye

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

@Jays i read that it is a 25th December release.

Scott is fast but Matt Damon said recently that they had eight weeks of shooting left. It likely won’t start again til August which would mean an October finish. No way it’s making a Christmas release (though Scott did say he was editing the footage they do have while quarantined)

According to the plot synopsis it seems that Damon, Driver and Jodie Comer are the primary characters. Depending on their screen time the categories they get submitted for could go either way (now that Annette is looking like 2021 Driver could go Supporting for TLD if Amazon submit him for Annette)

Personally I think Comer is the most likely nom. Driver will get his win for Yankee Comandante.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Murray and Redmayne gonna be supporting.
    1. Anthony Hopkins
    2. Gary Oldman
    3. Michael Fassbender
    4. Delroy Lindo
    5. John David Washington
    6. Tom Hanks (for News of the World, not Greyhound or Bios)

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Murray Supporting?? Is this your speculation or do you know something??

Isn’t Next Goal Wins a 2021 release??

Btw Annette being moved to Cannes 2021 seems to be a Variety speculation, according to a recent interview with Sparks (the band which music is used in the film) it will be shown at Venice or Toronto this year, if they happen.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Driver

2. Hopkins

3. Oldman

4. Lindo

5. Hanks/ Murray/ JDW

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I don’t think  J.D.W. will get a nomination for Tenet. It doesn’t seem an Oscar role. And I also think Annette won’t be loved by the accademy since Carax has a particular style of filmaking which is not oscar friendly. So I don’t see acting nomination for that movie.</p>

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Murray is going to go lead for sure. Redmayne i’m not sure.

Profile picture
    The2ndAvenger
    Topics:

I really feel like come the deadline half of these movies won’t have released yet.

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Murray’s role just seems like it’s supporting. What makes you say it is lead? JDW looks really good in Tenet which is why I have him on right now, and the only competition is Hanks for a Western. Keeping Next Goal Wins until it’s confirmed to be 2021. And The Trial of the Chicago 7 is purely an ensemble!!!! If they do campaign someone in lead then yes it is probably Redmayne but since his role is most likely gonna be supporting, that is where I am keeping him. If Annette is announced for Venice or Toronto then I will move Driver and Cotillard to my top 5.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

Also, even if both Murray and Jones are lead in On the Rocks, they will campaign one in supporting as they did with Johansson for Lost in Translation. I think the film will mostly be from the perspective of Jones’s character so…

Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

I had Driver and Cotillard too in my top five for Annette but someone in the Kidman/Winslet topic says that Cotillard has been forgotten by both Hollywood and the French industry…i hope it’s not true because Cotillard is  (behind Winslet) the best actress of her generation.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

I had Driver and Cotillard too in my top five for Annette but someone in the Kidman/Winslet topic says that Cotillard has been forgotten by both Hollywood and the French industry…i hope it’s not true because Cotillard is (behind Winslet) the best actress of her generation.

I wouldn’t completely remove Cotillard from your predictions just because one person on Gold Derby dislikes her.

Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

I wouldn’t completely remove Cotillard from your predictions just because one person on Gold Derby dislikes her.

and just because no one talks about her at the moment doesn’t mean they will ignore every performance with her.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Oscar Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.