Home Forums Movies 2022 BAFTA Film Awards

2022 BAFTA Film Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 503 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
AMG
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are they BAFTA members? *sorry for sounding stupid

Some of them are! Although of course not all of them are.

They’re key here however because they share some sensibilities in voting with the BAFTA membership (who tend to go more high brow and towards the critical consensus than the AMPAS do). Rachel Weisz, Frances McDormand and Chiwetel Ejiofor all won at the London film critics circle and then won at the BAFTAs. Since 2012 each of their supporting actress winners have gone on to get nominated at the BAFTAs (and some have even won).

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

I have Belfast, Licorice Pizza, The Power of the Dog, Nightmare Alley and Spencer.

The deciding factor for the best film lineup will really be what the London film critics nominate and which films are long-listed for best director and have the most long-list mentions like it was last year. Who would have even thought The Mauritanian would show up in best film until the long-list was revealed?

Yeah this is what I have as well.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Would love for Spencer to get in Best Film to shut down the naysayers spamming the forums with how much British people hate the movie.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Would love for Spencer to get in Best Film to shut down the naysayers spamming the forums with how much British people hate the movie.

The film is doing well at the box office over here too but supposedly British people are worried about “upsetting the queen”.

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The film is doing well at the box office over here too but supposedly British people are worried about “upsetting the queen”.

The London Film critics will foreshadow Spencer’s performance at BAFTA I believe. And if Spencer is nominated for Best Film, the Best Actress race will be over by then.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jessie Buckley when she gets her fourth consecutive London Film Critics Circle nomination:

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

BIFA craft winners announced. Boiling Point and The Souvenir : Part II lead the winners. No wins for Belfast.

BIFA 2021 Craft Winners announced

FYC:

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

BIFA craft winners announced. Boiling Point and The Souvenir : Part II lead the winners. No wins for Belfast. https://www.bifa.film/news/bifa-2021-craft-winners-announced/embed/#?secret=sNUkrq00uu

This is not a good sign for Belfast at the BAFTAs.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This is not a good sign for Belfast at the BAFTAs.

If it doesn’t win one of the four acting categories it’s up for it will be the first nominations leader in the history of the BIFAs to get shut out completely. Even Saint Maud won a craft award last year.

Boiling Point and <i>The Souvenir Part II</i> winning so many craft awards is quite good for both films and only goes to show how much passion they could have to make them strong contenders for long-list mentions and nominations with the jury. The first Souvenir film got shut out completely when it competed at the BIFAs and the last two films that have been that dominant in BIFA craft wins were The Favourite and <i>The Personal History of David Copperfield</i> and both of those films had showier crafts.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I’m not really the type of person who gets off on people being salty but after the Belfast-fest the pundits had over the past couple of months I will be a little bit smug if it doesn’t go over well.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What do you guys think about Kidman’s chances here?

FYC:

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

She could easily be nominated, and it’s possible that she wins. British people aren’t from another planet, they know what I Love Lucy is.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

She could easily be top2 with membership but if she’s not, I have a feeling she’ll get snub for more arthouse/indie performances. She kinda does seem like the type of Actress/performance a jury would snub tbh.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

See I’m very torn as to whether she makes the top 2 or not. On the one hand I have her in the top 2 in my Oscar predictions. On the other BAFTA have snubbed people who have won the Oscar in the past under the old nominating system when they’ve disproportionately favoured other performances so I just wonder if the love for Olivia is too great for her to miss the top 2.

I think I would feel more confident if there were three actors the membership chose in this category or if it was under the old system (Nicole Kidman is not a nobody to these voters, she has the same amount of BAFTA nominations as she does Oscar and she’s even been nominated for things like To Die For and The Others). But with 2, it’s going to be tough to predict.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think it all depends on how big of a contender she becomes. If the hype for her is huge by the time BAFTA voting starts,she can get nominated by virtue of being one of the top 2 by votes. Olivia Colman is a darling (and BAFTA membership has a history of nominating their darlings over and over again,ask Judi Dench, Maggie Smith or Kate Winslet) so she could totally get into the top 2. All depends on how well Kidman’s performance is received once embargo lifts. She really needs to be top 2 to get the BAFTA nomination as it’s highly unlikely the jury will nominate her. All I can say is that Lady Gaga is not happening here.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2022 BAFTA Film Awards’ is closed to new replies.