Home Forums Movies 2022 Golden Globes Film Predictions

2022 Golden Globes Film Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 475 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
forwardswill
JV
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    benedictyou
    Topics:

I don’t get why most of you are predicting No Time to Die. They paid dust to Jennifer Hudson in the acting category. Isn’t that obvious they will give her original song as a way to say sorry?

The last two Bond themes came out victorious. Even Madonna’s song was nominated. They love the franchise and this would be a way to reward it. It’s not a guarantee but makes it much more likely to win than the Jennifer Hudson song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    benedictyou
    Topics:

It has literally won every single song award this season. If NTTD loses, it’ll be to Encanto, not Respect.

I don’t know about that. Not even Let It Go and Remember Me managed to win the Globes. I think no time to die is way ahead, but if not, then I think be alive or here I am lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    amydunne
    Topics:

How are the Golden Globes working this year? Like is there a livestream or is it behind closed doors or winners tweeted out? Sorry if this is a dumb question lol

there is a ceremony but it is a private event, it’s not going to be live-streamed. however there will be live updates of the winners on their social media and website

FYC:
    Spencer (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    Passing (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    The Worst Person in the World

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

The Globes tomorrow will tell us if NTTD, Respect or either Encanto wins Best Original Song in the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

It’s weird to not have a televised award to “open” the awards race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

I’m wondering how relevant the Globes will be this year without their broadcast. I feel like most of their impact was actually getting to see the winners go up on stage and give their speeches. Plus, now with all the controversy, this gives everyone a free pass to not even acknowledge it. If they’re just going to post their winners in a press release, how does this make them any different from a regional critics group that does the exact same thing?

I guess we will find out in the coming days.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

I miss the Golden Globes. It’s an awards show that celebs are allowed to be nuts on live tv. When Hollywood will forgive them?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Yep, more confident about the Gaga win, the globe wants to set the trend for the Oscar, not merely predicting it based on the current buzz. The media attention it will bring on to them can definitely make sure their statements about reform of diversity and inclusion within the organization heard by the general public, and combined with some big wins for POC (predicting King Richard and Will Smith to take the crown), this would be a sensible move.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Colin Powis
    Topics:

The big winner from the GG will be WEST SIDE STORY with 3 wins of best musical , DeBuse and Zegler

Belfast only wins best drama, while the Dawg only wins best director and possibly screenplay

Troy Kotsur wins best supporting actor ..they wont be able to resist giving the award to a talented deaf actor for a layered performance #

Kodi is much overrated ; he was virtually unknown before this movie and they generally dont give awards to actors so young

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Colin Powis
    Topics:

The Golden Globes are not going to court controversy as they are trying to reform their image and I expect their choices to be very moderate without any real upsets

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

The Golden Globes are not going to court controversy as they are trying to reform their image and I expect their choices to be very moderate without any real upsets

In fairness, some of their boldest winners during the 07-08 “ceremony” suggests they’d vote differently when it’s not televised. And we certainly know how performative they can be, so we know it’s unlikely (for example) that they’d want to go with a white Marvel star like Benedict over the likes of a Will or Denzel (Will’s film being historically much further up their alley).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

There will be controversy if Don’t Look Up wins anything. Lady Gaga as well

only on Film Twitter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Colin Powis
    Topics:

”DIVERSITY” will be on the menu

That’s one of the reason I see Beyonce winning best song instead of Billy Elish … neither songs are very good but Beyonce has an advantage of an oscar nominated movie

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

only on Film Twitter

Lady G is a legit choice, there wouldn’t be much controversy outside of film twitter critics circle. Not saying she will definitely happen, but I have growing faith in her, just like right before the NYFCC win when she’s falling off from people’s prediction.  History can repeat itself again.

Also, I might need to switch director from Campion to Spielberg after some toss and turn. Had the feeling that this year we’ll witness some of the biggest divide between critics and industry

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

PREDICTIONS

Best Film (Drama):The Power of Dog (Belfast)
      Best Film (Comedy or Musical): West Side Story (Don’t Look Up)
      Best Actress (Drama): Nicole Kidman (Kristen Stewart)
      Best Actor (Drama): Will Smith (Benedict Cumberbatch)
      Best Actress (Comedy or Musical): Rachel Zegler (Jennifer Lawrence)
      Best Actor (Comedy or Musical):Andrew Garfield (Leonardo DiCaprio)
      Best Supporting Actress: Ariana DeBose
      Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee (Ciaran Hinds)
      Best Screenplay: Belfast (Licorice Pizza)
      Best Director: Jane Campion (Stephen Spielberg)
      Best Score: Dune
      Best Song: No Time To Die (Respect)
      Best International Film: Drive My Car
      Best Animated Feature: Encanto
    ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 475 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.