Home Forums Movies 2022 Golden Globes Film Predictions

2022 Golden Globes Film Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 475 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
forwardswill
JV
FreemanGriffin

• estrelas
    Topics:

Agreed. There won’t be a ceremony, but their award selections will influence the race as usual.

Like they did this year? They flopped in 8 movie categories this year. If the show doesn’t get broadcast next year, it won’t influence the race at all.

ReplyCopy URL

crabbie
    Topics:

Nobody wants to be associated with the Globes and the reason why the Globes had such a strong influence was because of the speeches the winners gave and the mingling that occurred at the ceremony which will be absent this year. The Globes can get some acting winners right based on luck and obviousness, but they won’t be able to boost contender as they had done before.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Director: Todd Field
    Best Original Screenplay: Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All At Once, TÁR
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell
    Best Actress: Michelle Yeoh, Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Brendan Gleeson, Ke Huy Quan
    Best Supporting Actress: Kerry Condon, Nina Hoss

ReplyCopy URL

forwardswill
    Topics:

Nobody wants to be associated with the Globes and the reason why the Globes had such a strong influence was because of the speeches the winners gave and the mingling that occurred at the ceremony which will be absent this year. The Globes can get some acting winners right based on luck and obviousness, but they won’t be able to boost contender as they had done before.

Kind of agree, kind of disagree. Ultimately, I’d say the HFPA’s influence kind of comes down to whether studios choose to use any nominations/wins from them in their Oscar campaigns. Because if it’s widely known that x won the Golden Globe then that is going to influence voters, ceremony or not, as they are still the second most famous awards show.

ReplyCopy URL

Rachel615
    Topics:

Kind of agree, kind of disagree. Ultimately, I’d say the HFPA’s influence kind of comes down to whether studios choose to use any nominations/wins from them in their Oscar campaigns.

My understanding is that before receiving a GG nomination, studios/producers have to apply to be considered for Golden Globe Awards, and then invite HFPA members to screenings. See https://www.goldenglobes.com/sites/default/files/uploads/2012/04/HFPA-Golden-Globe-Awards-Eligibility-Descriptions-Effective-2-1-15.pdf I think the first question will be whether or not studios/producers apply to be considered for GG nominations. It will be interesting to see whether or not they apply.

ReplyCopy URL

forwardswill
    Topics:

Thanks! Though I was more referring to whether they broadly use Golden Globe nominee/winner on billboards and other promotional campaign materials as per normal or not

ReplyCopy URL

Rachel615
    Topics:

Thanks! Though I was more referring to whether they broadly use Golden Globe nominee/winner on billboards and other promotional campaign materials as per normal or not

Got it, but it seems that if they don’t first apply, they won’t be nominated, and won’t have those noms/wins to refer to in promotional campaign materials.

The other issue is that GG has traditionally conditioned nominations on stars making themselves available for “exclusive” interviews with HFPA members. If publicists and stars refuse to participate in such interviews, it’s not clear whether GG nominations would be forthcoming.

ReplyCopy URL

H_H_
    Topics:

I haven’t watched it so do you think Belfast could be placed in Comedy/Musical like The Martian or Green Book?

Tired of biopics and ham

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I haven’t watched it so do you think Belfast could be placed in Comedy/Musical like The Martian or Green Book?

Well Green Book is actually a dramedy so it’s not really comparable to The Martian. But, regardless, Belfast is by all accounts a dramedy so it could definitely happen.

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

Barbra Please
    Topics:

yes… i remember when many people says Meryl’s trump speech was one big reason she got nominated for Florence Foster Jenkins at the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

The Globes are dead.

Any studio or actor that submits a film to them will be attacked on social media as being racist or sexist.

People will feel pressure not to accept the award if given.

Look at how Tom Cruise sent his back.

#timesup for the Globes

ReplyCopy URL

maxinho
    Topics:

The globes will go full black/POC nominees and you think black actors/actresses will get backlash if they accept them? It will depend on them to reject the award, but I’m expecting the worst with Hollywood considering the award show “healed”.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

The globes will go full black/POC nominees and you think black actors/actresses will get backlash if they accept them? It will depend on them to reject the award, but I’m expecting the worst with Hollywood considering the award show “healed”.

Black actors especially shouldn’t apply for the award.

ReplyCopy URL

Alex50967744
    Topics:

So hopefully Only Murders in the building gets some love

ReplyCopy URL

AlexNZ
    Topics:

So how are the Globes actually working this year? Do you actually have to submit in order to get nominated? In which case no netflix films will get nominated (as they are strongly boycotting) and many others will choose to avoid them? Or will they just nominate who they want regardless. I know they are still going ahead with their own version of the awards but I just don’t know how it is going to work…

The other question with this is how it will work with screenings/ screeners. Will most members get into screenings regardless as members of the press or is there a chance they will miss late breaking films because they don’t get screeners/ screenings?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 475 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.