Home Forums Movies 2022 Golden Globes Film Predictions?

2022 Golden Globes Film Predictions?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stank83
OneAndOnly
Orestes
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Agreed. There won’t be a ceremony, but their award selections will influence the race as usual.

Like they did this year? They flopped in 8 movie categories this year. If the show doesn’t get broadcast next year, it won’t influence the race at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nobody wants to be associated with the Globes and the reason why the Globes had such a strong influence was because of the speeches the winners gave and the mingling that occurred at the ceremony which will be absent this year. The Globes can get some acting winners right based on luck and obviousness, but they won’t be able to boost contender as they had done before.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Nobody wants to be associated with the Globes and the reason why the Globes had such a strong influence was because of the speeches the winners gave and the mingling that occurred at the ceremony which will be absent this year. The Globes can get some acting winners right based on luck and obviousness, but they won’t be able to boost contender as they had done before.

Kind of agree, kind of disagree. Ultimately, I’d say the HFPA’s influence kind of comes down to whether studios choose to use any nominations/wins from them in their Oscar campaigns. Because if it’s widely known that x won the Golden Globe then that is going to influence voters, ceremony or not, as they are still the second most famous awards show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Kind of agree, kind of disagree. Ultimately, I’d say the HFPA’s influence kind of comes down to whether studios choose to use any nominations/wins from them in their Oscar campaigns.

My understanding is that before receiving a GG nomination, studios/producers have to apply to be considered for Golden Globe Awards, and then invite HFPA members to screenings. See https://www.goldenglobes.com/sites/default/files/uploads/2012/04/HFPA-Golden-Globe-Awards-Eligibility-Descriptions-Effective-2-1-15.pdf I think the first question will be whether or not studios/producers apply to be considered for GG nominations. It will be interesting to see whether or not they apply.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Thanks! Though I was more referring to whether they broadly use Golden Globe nominee/winner on billboards and other promotional campaign materials as per normal or not

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Thanks! Though I was more referring to whether they broadly use Golden Globe nominee/winner on billboards and other promotional campaign materials as per normal or not

Got it, but it seems that if they don’t first apply, they won’t be nominated, and won’t have those noms/wins to refer to in promotional campaign materials.

The other issue is that GG has traditionally conditioned nominations on stars making themselves available for “exclusive” interviews with HFPA members. If publicists and stars refuse to participate in such interviews, it’s not clear whether GG nominations would be forthcoming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

I haven’t watched it so do you think Belfast could be placed in Comedy/Musical like The Martian or Green Book?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Lol Golden Globes will continue to be important in the industry no matter how much blue haired twitter cries and wants to bury them.

On another note, House of Gucci should be submitted to comedy so they’ll have better chances for any trophy. Drama has massive competition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I haven’t watched it so do you think Belfast could be placed in Comedy/Musical like The Martian or Green Book?

Well Green Book is actually a dramedy so it’s not really comparable to The Martian. But, regardless, Belfast is by all accounts a dramedy so it could definitely happen.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

yes… i remember when many people says Meryl’s trump speech was one big reason she got nominated for Florence Foster Jenkins at the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

The Globes are dead.

Any studio or actor that submits a film to them will be attacked on social media as being racist or sexist.

People will feel pressure not to accept the award if given.

Look at how Tom Cruise sent his back.

#timesup for the Globes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

The globes will go full black/POC nominees and you think black actors/actresses will get backlash if they accept them? It will depend on them to reject the award, but I’m expecting the worst with Hollywood considering the award show “healed”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

The globes will go full black/POC nominees and you think black actors/actresses will get backlash if they accept them? It will depend on them to reject the award, but I’m expecting the worst with Hollywood considering the award show “healed”.

Black actors especially shouldn’t apply for the award.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.