Home Forums Movies Supporting actress odds 2021 for September

Supporting actress odds 2021 for September

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Jasmine is Fr..
M: The Original
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:
    1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. Burstyn
    4. Seyfreid
    5. Zengel

Have a feeling about Zengel mostly influenced by her work in System Crasher and the critical reception she received for it. Ronan is probably more likely, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Foolio: great work! That list is loooooooong

Prisoner 760 sounds like a very good project! I am intrigued!

Maybe because of the political climate we may very well get a so call “protest” list of nominees?

Who is Helena Zengel? What has she done before?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rlk
    Topics:

Burstyn, Colman, Close, Seyfried, Zengal

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Burstyn is getting mention a lot in this thread. What are the critics saying?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Foolio: great work! That list is loooooooong Prisoner 760 sounds like a very good project! I am intrigued! Maybe because of the political climate we may very well get a so call “protest” list of nominees? Who is Helena Zengel? What has she done before?

Zengel is a German child actress who was excellent in last year’s German Oscar submission, System Crasher. She apparently has a baity co-lead role that will be pushed in supporting in Paul Greengrass’s next film, News of the World.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. Seyfried
    4. Burstyn
    5. Zengel

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I’m surprised so few of you are predicting Ariana DeBose. She’s a Tony-nominated actress who is taking on a legendary Oscar-winning role. She’s also going to be in The Prom so I’m sure she’ll be everywhere this season.

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. DeBose
    4. Burstyn
    5. McDormand/Swinton

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Burstyn is getting mention a lot in this thread. What are the critics saying?

She has a big scene. Sometimes that’s the clincher for an established name to secure a supporting nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I’m surprised so few of you are predicting Ariana DeBose. She’s a Tony-nominated actress who is taking on a legendary Oscar-winning role. She’s also going to be in The Prom so I’m sure she’ll be everywhere this season.

1. Close
    2. Colman
    3. DeBose
    4. Burstyn
    5. McDormand/Swinton

I don’t think they’ll double nominate McDormand. Especially if you’re talking The French Dispatch when they never take actors in Wes Anderson movies seriously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Anthony Hopkins is, yes, incredible in THE FATHER, but there is a scene where Olivia Colman does something with her face I’m not sure I’ve ever seen and it’s stunning. #TIFF20 
    https://twitter.com/ezwrites/status/1306407608971075585?s=21

Went into this season with zero expectations for Olivia but it’s getting hard to keep them down with the TIFF reactions for her performance. I’m glad this at least provides a foundation for a possible second win in the future.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Went into this season with zero expectations for Olivia but it’s getting hard to keep them down with the TIFF reactions for her performance. I’m glad this at least provides a foundation for a possible second win in the future.

Olivia Colman can’t win a second Oscar. Remember when she said in her Oscar acceptance speech “this is not going to happen again.”

🙂 If the performance is stellar, I say give her another golden guy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

She has a big scene. Sometimes that’s the clincher for an established name to secure a supporting nod.

Yeah, a big monologue, that brought the cinema where I was in Venice to a brief applause. She’s getting that nom, Netflix better be do its job to campaign her well

2021 Oscar FYC: Glenn Close, Jeremy Strong, Vanessa Kirby, Delroy Lindo, Daniel Kaluuya

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Olivia Colman can’t win a second Oscar. Remember when she said in her Oscar acceptance speech “this is not going to happen again.”

🙂 If the performance is stellar, I say give her another golden guy.

Colman can win again. I just don’t want it this season on her sophomore nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Yeah, a big monologue, that brought the cinema where I was in Venice to a brief applause. She’s getting that nom, Netflix better be do its job to campaign her well

Nomination 7 for Burstyn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I hate to say it, but Coleman in the trailer looked incredible. I am too excited to see her and Hopkins.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.