Home Forums Movies Teridax's Official 2017 Razzie Final Ballot (Who/What I voted for!)

Teridax's Official 2017 Razzie Final Ballot (Who/What I voted for!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Alex Meyer
Tyler [Last N..
  • Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

My Official 2017 Razzie Final Ballot

Worst Picture

The Emoji Movie

Worst Director

Michael Bay “Transformers: The Last Knight”

Worst Actor

Johnny Depp “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”

Worst Actress

Emma Watson “The Circle”

Worst Supporting Actor

Russell Crowe “The Mummy”

Worst Supporting Actress

Goldie Hawn “Snatched”

Worst Screenplay

Tony Leondis, Eric Siegel, and Mike White “The Emoji Movie”

Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel

Transformers: The Last Knight

Worst Screen Combo

Johnny Depp and His Worn Out Drunk Routine “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Careers Tell No Tales”

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

As always, please feel free to let me know your thoughts and feedback! 🙂

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

Emma Watson’s performance in The Circle was Oscar worthy compared to Katherine Heigl in Unforgettable. However, I’m glad you voted for The Emoji Movie for Worst Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Emma Watson’s performance in The Circle was Oscar worthy compared to Katherine Heigl in Unforgettable. However, I’m glad you voted for The Emoji Movie for Worst Picture.

You’re welcome about the Emoji garbage. I want that one to go all the way now that it miraculously made the nominating ballot and got nominated in spite of the Razzies Oscar-like bias against animated films.

Watson looked so confused and awkward in The Circle it consistently took me out of the movie. She looked as if she didn’t understand her script. I know I’m in the minority on this, but I also thought her acting and singing in Beauty and the Beast were really wooden as well. Heigl was entertaining in a campy kind of way in Unforgettable. She was in a crap movie, but she played her part believably enough, as ridiculous as her material was. The true villian of Unforgettable was the script in my opinion, and even that wasn’t as annoying or convoluted as Bayformers 5, The Mummy, or even Discount Inside Out / Wreck-it Ralph / Toy Story, The Emoji Movie, which was one of the laziest and most soulless films I have ever seen in my entire life, in large part due to its script. For me Heigl wasn’t that bad, but we can totally agree to disagree on that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to see an animated feature win the Razzie for Worst Picture. It will be closest we will ever come to seeing an animated film winning a “Picture” award in any awards ceremony.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

Eh, I agree that Russell Crowe is this year’s Jesse Eisenberg and Emogi sweeps everything, but I disagree everywhere else.

The Pirate movies have definitely run their course, as has Jack Sparrow, but just cause Depp is no longer fresh in the role doesn’t mean he’s still not good (that goes for Worst Actor and Screen Combo) and I don’t see Emma Watson ending her career as a Razzie-winning actress. I didn’t see Snatched and never will, but Fifty Shades is certain to take at least one award and I say Basinger is the most likely to “win”.

Emoji might not take Director given that it’s animated, but I see Bay as just an essential nominee at this point, like Meryl Streep. I don’t see him “winning”, though, same for Worst R/R/S.

This was my ballot:

“The Emoji Movie”
    Whoever the hell directed it – “The Emoji Movie”
    Jamie Dornan – “Fifty Shades Darker”
    Katherine Heigl – “Unforgettable”
    Russell Crowe – “The Mummy”
    Kim Basinger – “Fifty Shades Darker”
    “The Emoji Movie”
    “The Mummy” (for destroying an entire potential cinematic universe)
    Any pair of obnoxious Emojis – “The Emoji Movie”

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Eh, I agree that Russell Crowe is this year’s Jesse Eisenberg and Emogi sweeps everything, but I disagree everywhere else.

The Pirate movies have definitely run their course, as has Jack Sparrow, but just cause Depp is no longer fresh in the role doesn’t mean he’s still not good (that goes for Worst Actor and Screen Combo) and I don’t see Emma Watson ending her career as a Razzie-winning actress. I didn’t see Snatched and never will, but Fifty Shades is certain to take at least one award and I say Basinger is the most likely to “win”.

Emoji might not take Director given that it’s animated, but I see Bay as just an essential nominee at this point, like Meryl Streep. I don’t see him “winning”, though, same for Worst R/R/S.

This was my ballot:

“The Emoji Movie”
    Whoever the hell directed it – “The Emoji Movie”
    Jamie Dornan – “Fifty Shades Darker”
    Katherine Heigl – “Unforgettable”
    Russell Crowe – “The Mummy”
    Kim Basinger – “Fifty Shades Darker”
    “The Emoji Movie”
    “The Mummy” (for destroying an entire potential cinematic universe)
    Any pair of obnoxious Emojis – “The Emoji Movie”

I love that we both voted for Emoji Movie in Worst Picture and Screenplay. I debated between Basinger, Haddock, and Hawn until the very end. Basinger was in a mediocre movie but I think she played her weird character to enough of a satisfying degree that I let her off the hook. Goldie Hawn had a bad script and I felt sorry for her in the movie, but I couldn’t let her off the hook as easily just because looking at her face… She looked like the dictionary definition of a plastic surgery nightmare to me, I’m being real here. She’s already rich, she even has a freaking Oscar (like Basinger) does she even need to be acting anymore, let alone in such generic and unfunny films? I feel like Amy Schumer brought her back saying optimistically, “Come on, you’ve still got the goods in you Goldie!” No, she did not, or at least they didn’t show with the weak material she was given to work with. Poor Goldie. I was only able to make it until the last half hour of Snatched, whereas I was able to watch the entirety of Fifty Shades Darker without any issues regarding my tolerance for boredom and stupidity. I think that Basinger will win the Razzie. She just wasn’t the worst for me, but we don’t have to agree on that one, obviously. Opinions are cool.

I really had to give Bayformers 5 my votes for Worst Director and Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel just because of that shit with Unicron being the Earth, the aspect ratios changing in between action scenes randomly being a notably stupid Directing choice, the way they butchered not only the lore of the original animated Transformers show like they had been doing in previous films, but managed to butcher their own lore, where the logic and world of even the previous Bayformers films don’t make any sense with what happens in The Last Knight. In the first one they came to Earth in asteriods in present day, but now they are meeting with Stanley Tucci (not in any way relating to his character from Bayformers 4) as drunk Merlin?! Also, according the Anthony Hopkins (who was the sole bright spot in the film and undeserving of his Razzie nomination IMO) character’s exposition, the Autobots were fighting Nazis, one of them, an Autobot watch even killed Hitler, they also helped Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass, they helped free the slaves of course! What the actual f**k?! Seriously, what the hell is Harriet Tubman doing in a movie with Merlin?! Mark Wahlberg was clearly phoning it in, the “badass cool little girl” one of the trailers promoted the hell out of in order to fool us into thinking it would be less sexist than previous films in the franchise, does basically NOTHING. She’s barely in the damn movie! Laura Haddock’s portrayal by Michael Bay’s misogynist directorial eye also pissed me off because she clearly is the smartest female character in any of these Bayformers movies so far, yet she is made to look all sexy and visually objectified like crazy throughout the film. Also, the CGI was mediocre. Optimus “Nemesis” (*facepalm*) Prime was evil for only about 5 minutes, if not less than that, before Bumblebee reminds him they’re bros, with no emotional resonance at all, nor any time spent on Optimus even dealing with his being brainwashed! That cliffhanger ending… NO, seriously fuck no that joke of an ending. I would compare these stale and atrocious Bayformers movies to those live-action/CGI Chipmunks movies… but that would be too insulting to the stupid Chipmunks movies, so I won’t go there.

You can call Bay the Streep of the Razzies if you will, but the only time his Razzie recognition was undeserved in my opinion was for the third Bayformers, which I confess I mostly enjoyed. Minus the underwear model replacing Megan Fox’s character (and using reverse psychology to manipulate Megatron at the end?!) and John Malkovich being pointless in the film. Michael Bay NEEDS this Razzie for how much stupid and incoherent bullshit he managed to cram into a single film.

Also, Johnny Depp should have won a Razzie a while ago in my opinion. He is Nicolas Cage levels of terrible in his script choices, and he was my pick to win a couple years ago for his phoned-in (literally, it seemed!) Transcendence non-performance. He was awkward and didn’t feel like he was believable in Murder on the Orient Express and even in Black Mass he felt cliched with his mannerisms and I could always tell it was him under all that makeup. Depp was at his weakest in Pirates 5, and even had to have his lines fed to him from an earpiece during his scenes! I even provided the link below to show you I’m not kidding! I’m pretty sure Jamie Dornan could remember his lines at least, which I’m tempted to argue proves he gave a better performance than Depp in Pirates 5 on an objective level of acting. He is just a truly bad actor now, and don’t even get me started on that upcoming “Sherlock Gnomes” movie he is starring in because he had to go full CAGE, didn’t he? Ugh to Depp, as an actor and as a human being. His drunk routine has gotten worn out for a great many people, in movies and especially in real life. 🙁

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39778178

I hope what Roger Deakins is to the Oscars this year Johnny Depp will be to the Razzies: Someone who has done genuinely standout work (for better AND for worse, respectively) in movies for many years who finally gets their overdue recognition.

Like I said above, I thought Emma Watson looked so lost in The Circle, going into paycheck mode and not seeming to understand what the heck she was even saying. At least Katherine Heigl seemed to know what movie she was in and what kind of character she was playing, whether you liked her acting or not.

Thank you for sharing your votes with me! I would love an Emoji sweep even though I didn’t think it was the worst in every category. I felt I ought to spread the wealth to Bay. If he wins Worst Director for the 3rd time he will break the tie he is currently in as the biggest “winner” of that category in Razzie history, and he seems just like the type of extraordinarily lazy, misogynistic, and racist filmmaker for whom that would be a most deserving title.

If there are any movies I could handle Bayformers 5 losing to in both the categories I voted for it in, it is actually the movies you picked, so thank you for having good taste in hating on those trainwrecks Mummy and Emoji with me! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.