Home Forums Movies The 2018 Satellite Winners

The 2018 Satellite Winners

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Teridax
Edgar Blake
GMonty777
  • GMonty777
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Picture – Three Billboards (major) and God’s Own Country (Indy)
    Best Director – Jordan Peele
    Best Actor – Gary Oldman (major) and Harry Dean Stanton (Indy)
    Best Actress – Sally Hawkins (major) and Diana Kruger (Indy)
    Best Supporting Actor – Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress – Lois Smith
    Best Adapted Screenplay – The Disaster Artist
    Best Original Screenplay – Three Billboards
    Best Animated Feature – Coco
    Best Foreign Language Film – In the Fade
    Best Documentary – Chasing Coral
    Best Film Editing – War for the Planet of the Apes
    Best Score – Wonder Woman
    Best Sound (Editing and Mixing) – Dunkirk
    Best Art Direction – The Shape of Water
    Best Costume Design – Phantom Thread
    Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects – Blade Runner 2049
    Best Song – Marshall

Pretty good choices.

Three Billboards won Picture, Supporting Actor, and Original Screenplay

The Shape of Water won Actress and Production Design.

In the Fade won for International Film and took home Best Actress.

Edgar Blake
    Participant
    Topics:

Another boost for 3BOE in picture and screenplay at Oscars? Maybe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how random and literally insane some of these are! It is like the Satellite Awards voters are a group of people in an insane asylum and they just voted blindfolded for whatever nominee “smelled the prettiest.”

One thing I gotta give credit for, they definitely did not try to predict the Oscars this year. Apes in Film Editing but not Visual Effects? Wonder Woman in Music Score? Sally Hawkins and Diane Kruger for Lead Actress? Chasing Coral for Documentary? WTF?! Agree or disagree, these choices are as random as they are refreshing. It warms my heart that Harry Dean Stanton posthumously won something this awards season, even if was in a tie, and even if it had to come from an awards organization as laughable as the “Satellite Awards.”

Christopher Nolan got robbed for co-writing the Florida Project! Also, since Wonder Woman was originally listed for Score twice, does that mean Rupert Gregson-Williams will get 2 awards? #NeverForget 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    GMonty777
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how random and literally insane some of these are! It is like the Satellite Awards voters are a group of people in an insane asylum and they just voted blindfolded for whatever nominee “smelled the prettiest.”

One thing I gotta give credit for, they definitely did not try to predict the Oscars this year. Apes in Film Editing but not Visual Effects? Wonder Woman in Music Score? Sally Hawkins and Diane Kruger for Lead Actress? Chasing Coral for Documentary? WTF?! Agree or disagree, these choices are as random as they are refreshing. It warms my heart that Harry Dean Stanton posthumously won something this awards season, even if was in a tie, and even if it had to come from an awards organization as laughable as the “Satellite Awards.”

Christopher Nolan got robbed for co-writing the Florida Project! Also, since Wonder Woman was originally listed for Score twice, does that mean Rupert Gregson-Williams will get 2 awards?

Wonder Woman is only listed once for original score.

Christopher Nolan was not listed as a writer for The Florida Project.

I don’t think their choices were bad at all. I suspect that most of the technical award winners, apart from score, editing, and song, will probably take home Oscars.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  GMonty777.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Christopher Nolan got robbed for co-writing the Florida Project! Also, since Wonder Woman was originally listed for Score twice, does that mean Rupert Gregson-Williams will get 2 awards?

Wonder Woman is only listed once for original score.

Christopher Nolan was not listed as a writer for The Florida Project.

I don’t think their choices were bad at all. I suspect that most of the technical award winners, apart from score, editing, and song, will probably take home Oscars.

ORIGINALLY, back when the nominatons were first announced, Wonder Woman was listed twice for Music Score, and Christopher Nolan was listed as a co-writer of The Florida Project instead of Chris Bergoch. Look it up. It obviously got correctly, but it wasn’t like that at first. Didn’t you read my comment, “#NeverForget?”

Actually, don’t look it up, because here is the link the Satellite Awards (Film) thread that already exists where we talk about those WTF mistakes on the ballot. Talk about a mess.

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/22nd-satellite-awards-film/

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

God’s Own Country’s win is absolutely incredible! Fully deserving of a Best Film Win!

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

How on Earth did they nominate Hammer, but not Chalamet?

Anyhow, it’s nice to see some love for God’s Own Country. Literally any other movie in the lineup deserved the honor more than Three Billboards, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confused. Three Billboards and TSOW are indie films, aren’t they? Why are those considered major films by the Satellite Award voters?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.