Home Forums Movies The 2020 GG/CC/SAG Snub

The 2020 GG/CC/SAG Snub

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
L.B.
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    David
    Topics:

One of the Ammonite girls, whoever goes furthest

They aren’t getting that far with no buzz. I see them getting in at Bafta and missing everywhere else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Close, Bakalova AND Zengel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One of Bakalova, Zengel and Close will miss out for a nominee from a BP nominee if they don’t get in at BAFTA (although I think Zengel will be in a BP nominee) or they will miss out for Jodie Foster/Ellen Burstyn.

And I hate to say it because I loved the performance so much but maybe even Kirby might be the snub of this year. Although she’s been doing quite well so far and I think she’s solidly fourth right now so I am hopeful.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I think Zengel is happening at the oscars, but Bakalova won’t, that performance is worthy of a guest comedy actress emmy nomination, but not for the oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

They aren’t getting that far with no buzz. I see them getting in at Bafta and missing everywhere else.

Three months later and it would take an act of god for them to get BAFTA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I would also say Jared Leto but I doubt the Critics Choice will nominate him.

They have 17 slots per category and want to predict the Oscars, you know they will

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Pretty confident in Kirby and Leto

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say Leto would be this snub because he’ll have only the Globe and SAG. BFCA will probably snub him tomorrow.

It could be Zengel but she’s a newcomer kid in a not so loved film. It’s VERY rare to see kids being nominated, so the fact she’s probably marking all precursors means she has a lot of passion.

It could be Bakalova but she’s a newcomer in an comedic performance, so she also has a lot of passion for marking the precursors. Her win in the London Critics means she’s more likely to get a BAFTA nom now.

I think either Zengel or Bakalova will miss. There’s just no way both will get in.

Lastly, as I mentioned before, it could be Kirby. Her movie has luckwarm reviews and she’s the only thing about it that has good chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

It could be Zengel but she’s a newcomer kid in a not so loved film. It’s VERY rare to see kids being nominated, so the fact she’s probably marking all precursors means she has a lot of passion.

It’s rare, however I think the Academy is the most friendly group when it’s about nominating kids.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Bakalova would almost be too obvious. However, if she gets in at BAFTA, I’d say she’s in and I have underestimated the passion for her. But right now I can see her absolutely being JLoed.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ahmed/Boseman/Hopkins/Oldman Davis/Kirby/McDormand/Mulligan Baron Cohen/Kaluuya/Odom Bakalova/Close/Colman Who’s it gonna be?

One or more of Bakalova, Kirby, Close or Oldman. Although I am leaning towards Bakalova and Oldman more. Bakalova may be hurt by her film being a non factor anywhere else and supporting categories having a bias towards nominating performance from BP contenders. Oldman may be hurt by actors not reacting strongly to Mank and Kirby may be hurt by her being the only thing keeping her film in the Oscars conversation (same with Close).

I do think there will be some who will vote for Close no matter what and both the European tendencies of her film and the strong passion and acclaim for her performance will help Kirby (even though the parallels with Timothee Chalamet for Beautiful Boy are alarming). But if Burstyn misses BAFTA and Close loses the Globe I think both could be in a more precarious position.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.