Home Forums Movies The Irishman(2019)

The Irishman(2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Mickmack
EsOS
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Last night I was seeing that budget of this movie has gone upto $200 million which now days is budget of a superhero-sci fi movie so I couldnt help myself but think that why it was necessary for Scorsese to use gang of these old actors like De Niro,Pacino,Keitel,Pesci.I mean no disrespect and these guys are acting legends but none of them is at their A game now and also its that de-aging process on which most of money was spent.Why didnt Scorsese go for a younger cast like DiCaprio,Bale,Joaquin,Fassbender.I mean this would have made this movie have actors who have a better bank-ability especially Leo,actors who are at their A game these days,actors who are best of their generation,no need of de-aging and we know that making actors look old is way cheaper than making em look young plus these actors are royalty in acting of present times and this generation.Guys already casted are well past their prime plus Scorsese could have used these actors in a movie where no deaging is required.The Irishman then would have had chance at wide release and studios would have given the movie respect it deserved.I think Scorsese went too emotional with casting of this movie

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

It has now ended and final cost is $200million which is shockingly high..

This is going to end up like the colossal flop Silence, only at least 5 times worse. Bookmark me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

This is going to end up like the colossal flop Silence, only at least 5 times worse. Bookmark me.

seems likely more and more,read my last post.I dont know what was in Scorsese’s head

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

It has now ended and final cost is $200million which is shockingly high..This should not come in theatres and stream on Netflix as that will not make it get a flop tag..It wont come in theatres and so no one will know how much made in return..No God Plz,Not a flop tag

If this movie flops it proves what a bunch of morons today’s moviegoers are. They rather go and watch a Pikachu movie than a Scorsese gangster movie with the greatest gangster cast ever assembled.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

If this movie flops it proves what a bunch of morons today’s moviegoers are. They rather go and watch a Pikachu movie than a Scorsese gangster movie with the greatest gangster cast ever assembled.

200million budget is just too much considering the genre and the cast,all them are acting legends but stars of today

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:
      <li style=”text-align: left;”>

200million budget is just too much considering the genre and the cast,all them are acting legends but stars of today

But this movie could be revolutionary with half of the movie being these legends de-aged. 200mil is a small prize to pay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:
      <li style=”text-align: left;”>

But this movie could be revolutionary with half of the movie being these legends de-aged. 200mil is a small prize to pay.

But it will taste loss at box office if it goes for wide release

ReplyCopy URL
    Fives
    Participant
    Topics:

So how much would it need to break even? $500mil or so? Damn, fingers crossed for this cause Scorsese is my favorite director and next to OUATIH this is my most anticipated movie of 2019. Hopefully it makes bank because that would inspire studios to bankroll more ambitious projects. I guess Scorsese is at that point in his career where he’s only making passion projects like this (been talking about it since 2011 I think) and Silence so for Netflix to fork over so much means they’re extremely confident in the final product to be profitable. Fingers crossed I guess

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.