Home Forums Movies The Lion King (2019) – Will it be in animated film?

The Lion King (2019) – Will it be in animated film?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Licorice
Tyler [Last N..
Volcarocka
  • Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

My questions is simple: Will The Lion King be considered in Animated Feature film or it will be treated as live action?

I mean, the film is 100% computer animation, as it has 0% live action elements. Doesn’t that qualify it as animation?

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Who cares as long as Beyoncé gets her original song nomination the rest is irrelevant!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s still early. If they keep saying it’s “live-action” then Favreau could include humans to the story in order to maintain a level of “difference” between that and the 1994 film, which would be terrible.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Volcarocka
    Participant
    Topics:

Important to note that no official promotional materials have referred to the movie as live-action. In my opinion, it’s similar to stop-motion films. Filmed on actual sets with real cameras, but enough of it is computer-generated and non-live to qualify it for Animated Feature. We’ll see if the Academy sees it the same way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Filmatelist
    Participant
    Topics:

My understanding is that to be considered for Best Animated Feature, you have to formally submit to that category. That’s why we already have a full list of eligible films for AF this year–because that process has already occurred.

Which means that it’s completely up to THE LION KING producers if they want to be in the running for it or not. I don’t think there’s any doubt that it’s eligible if they submit. The question is if they want to or not. It’s their choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Then the question is will Disney go with Animated or Live action as label?

ReplyCopy URL
    The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

Then the question is will Disney go with Animated or Live action as label?

That is a problem… Disney & Pixar could cannibalize each other’s votes in the category if they are not careful with placing The Lion King. They already have Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4 coming out next year…

WELCOME TO AWARDS SEASON 2018-19. DESTROY ALL EXPECTATIONS!

I'm that dork who's also a HTTYD loving Titaniac and Zootopian who is into auto racing, the Olympics and film.

"Thanks for nothing, you useless reptile..." - Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

#HTTYD3
    #TheHiddenWorld

February 22, 2019

#AvengersEndgame

April 26, 2019

Twitter: @FILMSTHESEDAYS
    Facebook: nathan.romberg.7

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

while it does qualify I don’t see disney submitting it to animated feature, it’s already too crowded there

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.