Home Forums Movies The Lion King (2019)

The Lion King (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Tyler [Last N..
queenb
Emil Petrov
  • AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Who is excited for this movie …. the cast is final 🙂

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/01/entertainment/lion-king-beyonc-cast/index.html

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ProfessorChaos
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw the preview at D23 in July & fucking cried. The visuals were that stunning.

ReplyCopy URL
    tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m personally impressed and excited by the cast. I hope Beyoncé does a good job. For anyone not clicking on the link, here is the cast:

Donald Glover as Simba
    Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala
    James Earl Jones as Mufasa
    Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar
    Alfre Woodard as Sarabi
    John Oliver as Zazu
    John Kani as Rafiki
    Seth Rogen as Pumbaa
    Billy Eichner as Timon
    Eric Andre as Azizi
    Florence Kasumba as Shenzi
    Keegan-Michael Key as Kamari
    JD McCrary as Young Simba
    Shahadi Wright Joseph as Young Nala

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Anyone that knows me knows I loved The Jungle Book too much so I can’t wait for this movie. Go get those fucking Oscars!

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

John Oliver as Zazu: This made my life.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Great cast. Can’t wait to see this.

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw this on Tumblr and I agree that I would kill to see the rest of the cast in Jungle Book-esque photorealistic animal CGI motion capture while Eric Andre just shows up exactly like this

and no one says anything

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The teaser trailer dropped today.

“Remember….”

https://youtu.be/4CbLXeGSDxg

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I see a lot of people talking about how pointless and unneeded Toy Story 4 is, but I think The Lion King (2019) is far more pointless.

The original 1994 is one of my favourite films ever. It is damn near perfect and worked on so many levels. Disney was able to capture lightning in a bottle with the original.

The remake is like trying to reinvent the wheel. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Now I realize a lot of people ask why I am mad at Lion King getting remade and not at the other live-action Disney remakes. Well with the other remakes there was something to adapt from prior to the movie, like books or plays. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Cinderella, Dumbo, all of these movies were based on something pre-existing. The Jungle Book worked too because of the vastly different Rudyard Kipling book series.

But The Lion King was the first Disney animated film that was completely original. Sure it was inspired by Hamlet, the stories of Moses and Joseph, and there is even those people who believe that it was a “remake” of Kimba the White Lion, which I do not believe. What I am trying to say was that there was no “The Lion King” book or play prior to the movie to draw from, so remaking it is pointless. Like I said earlier, it’s like trying to redraw the Mona Lisa.

I also kinda hate the cast. Donald Glover will probably be okay like he always does and James Earl Jones is never a bad choice, but Beyonce as Nala, Billy Eichner as Timon, John Oliver as Zazu and the cherry on top of this crap sundae, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa were BEYOND terrible choices. I have a prediction that Beyonce will be nominated for Worst Supporting Actress at the Razzies. Chiwetel is a great actor, but I am not sure if he can play a villain. But also going back to James, if they brought James back, why not bring back Jeremy Irons, Nathan Lane, Rowan Atkinson, Ernie Sabella and Matthew Broderick, all whom by the way are still alive and Sabella still voices Pumbaa on The Lion Guard. It just boggles the mind.

Also I have issue with people calling it “live-action”. If we go for the fact that everything is a computer-animated creation, then this isn’t a “live-action” movie, it’s just a big glorified animated feature. The only thing that we could call the live-action Jungle Book actual live-action was the addition of Neel Sethi as Mowgli, a real live-action actor. But in a story where there is no humans, it’s just an animated movie… unless they are going to add humans to this story… which would add to the laundry list of stupid ideas.

The only real positive which as affirmed from the teaser trailer is that the effects are quite good, but Avatar had really good effects and I couldn’t stand it, so strong visual effects do not a film make.

Needless to say, I am NOT looking forward to this film and I can guarantee, 100% WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that this WILL be inferior to the 1994 original and may even be a bad movie. Just because Jon Favreau struck gold with The Jungle Book doesn’t mean he will get it right this time.

Also the little heathen Jon Favreau cut “Be Prepared” from the 2019 movie. #FuckYouJonFavreau #BoycottTheLionKing

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Hearing Seth Rogen’s voice come out of Pumbaa is going to make me vomit.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t watch than

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks amazing! I’m so excited!

ReplyCopy URL
    queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Teaser looks AMAZING. This is going to be HUGE moment for Beyonce. Can’t wait to see this and especially can’t wait to hear the big song she wrote.

ReplyCopy URL
    queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a prediction that Beyonce will be nominated for Worst Supporting Actress at the Razzies.

This movie is going to be huge and acclaimed and everyone associated with it will go along for the ride. Keep dreaming, but that razzie isn’t happening. While she’s not the greatest actress in the world, she is more than capable and did well in Epic.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.