Home Forums Movies The Lion King (2019)

The Lion King (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 203 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Tyler [Last N..
upitt
Thatcher
  • Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

It got an “A” Cinemascore. The audience really said fuck a critic, lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

$78.5M opening day. At worst it will frontload to $170M. $200M seems likely since the audiences love it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-lion-king-biting-huge-180m-200m-us-bow-1225682

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

It got an “A” Cinemascore. The audience really said fuck a critic, lol

Cinemascore RARELY gives movies lower than an A- grade. Cars 2 got an A- for Pete’s sake!

Cinemascore is that pathetic friend that likes every movie ever made.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    TOSHlRO
    Participant
    Topics:

It was terrible, even worse than Aladdin. At least Aladdin, while a visual wreck, had a sense of human emotion. Lion King remake destroyed everything about the original. Voice-acting was bad across the board except Mufasa, Pumbaa, Timon, and Kid Simba.

Chiwetel Eijofor, Donald Glover, and Beyonce deserve Razzies for this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher thinks this version was better than the 1994 version.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    Megan
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be real. Your taste sucks.

I serve the tea (politely)

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

$531M WW opening. $185M domestic. Hihi

ReplyCopy URL
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Participant
    Topics:

Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you Queen Beyonce, the “legendary” and “gifted” musical “icon” who recently gifted us with another work of art.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I am honestly not surprised, considering that Thatcher has dementia and recently died.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you Queen Beyonce, the “legendary” and “gifted” musical “icon” who recently gifted us with another work of art.

Some of these are absolute reaches, but otherwise this is kinda disappointing of her.

This said, people need to realize once and for all that these type of things need to be blamed on the directors and creatives and not the popstars who most likely don’t even have an idea. Beyoncé is merely an actor on these videos. She was presented with a concept which she approved and I doubt she knew about the original video. If anything her mistake here was not being careful enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Most of those are obvious reachs considering she’s done almost most of those shots in her Lemonade Visual Film. Beyoncé may be unoriginal but this is just an overall reach.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

On another note, it’s crazy to see the way Twitter is legit fuming at these massive opening numbers and acting like the success of this movie is so harmful and offensive to them and their 90’s memories. Social media is legit scary (but obviously irrelevant when it comes to titans like Lion King or Game of Thrones)

Just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy. Jeez.

ReplyCopy URL
    Flickchick
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked it a lot.   It’s visually beautiful and I actually prefer it to the original – it’s basically the exact same movie but I just prefer live action.  Maybe I just take my nostalgia in a different direction – I liked that it reminded me of the original but I also appreciated the technology involved, how film has evolved and a movie that was visually different.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of these are absolute reaches, but otherwise this is kinda disappointing of her.

This said, people need to realize once and for all that these type of things need to be blamed on the directors and creatives and not the popstars who most likely don’t even have an idea. Beyoncé is merely an actor on these videos. She was presented with a concept which she approved and I doubt she knew about the original video. If anything her mistake here was not being careful enough.

People have amnesia when it comes to Beyoncé’s long history of stealing.

Fact of the matter is, she has full creative control over the visuals presented in her videos. And is very much aware of what’s online.

From “Single Ladies”, every video from 4, & “Lemonade”, this isn’t the first time Beyoncé has been called out for copying from other artists.

In fact, if you search “Beyoncé admits to stealing”on YouTube, she and Frank Gatson basically confirm they plagiarize.

No one would care if Beyoncé, her fans, & the media didn’t present her as an original auteur when that simply isn’t the case.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

This was a very good and enjoyable film , it was gorgeous to look at , fun to revisit the old film in a new way as its been years since i have seen it. I forgot how amazing the Score was and how amazing Hans Zimmer is ..

Billy and Seth were the MVP for sure the comedy between those two was aamzing ” You Disgust ME” had me rolling.. James is always amazing that mans voice is a national treasure .

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.