Home Forums Movies The Lion King (2019)

The Lion King (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 199 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Tyler [Last N..
upitt
Thatcher
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a prediction that Beyonce will be nominated for Worst Supporting Actress at the Razzies.

Uh… why? Because you don’t like her?

They rarely nominate well-liked movies, so the movie would need to get bad reviews before any kind of Razzie talk would even remotely make sense. And when was the last time an actor got nominated for a voiceover performance? Has that ever happened?

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Uh… why? Because you don’t like her?

They rarely nominate well-liked movies, so the movie would need to get bad reviews before any kind of Razzie talk would even remotely make sense. And when was the last time an actor got nominated for a voiceover performance? Has that ever happened?

> trying to reason with a guy who wrote a manifesto about a Lion King movie

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

The teaser looks incredible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce is not an actress. She is a singer. They did not cast her because she sounds like Moira Kelly from the first movie, they casted her because she is famous.

Look, Lion King means a lot to me and I am just not drinking the tonic on this one. People always had a vendetta against me for some reason and GoldDerby is pretty toxic and not it use to.

I don’t know if I will watch it or not, and it may be good but I still maintain it will not be as good as the 1994 original. We don’t know if Favreau is a one-trick pony or not.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is easily winning visual effects!

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Chiwetel is a great actor, but I am not sure if he can play a villain.

Lol, based on what? He’s a fucking Shakespearian, which is appropriate because parts of The Lion King‘s narrative are inspired by Hamlet. However the movie turns out, I think he’ll be fine, even if not as iconic as Jeremy Irons.

ReplyCopy URL
    ChargerFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Hearing Seth Rogen’s voice come out of Pumbaa is going to make me vomit.

I’m with you. And my bias against people that I don’t like may steer me (right or wrong), but anything with the name with Beyonce’ Knowles-Carter attached to it turns me the fuck off. I’ll stick to the original.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rowan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure if this has been brought up yet, but is this movie eligible for Best Animated Feature? It’s entirely CG or motion capture, and I’d say it’s at least as animated as a stop-motion film.

Also, if you don’t want to see it, you don’t have to. It doesn’t affect the original at all. It isn’t hurting you.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure if this has been brought up yet, but is this movie eligible for Best Animated Feature? It’s entirely CG or motion capture, and I’d say it’s at least as animated as a stop-motion film.

Also, if you don’t want to see it, you don’t have to. It doesn’t affect the original at all. It isn’t hurting you.

I am not sure. They still call it “live-action” which leads me to think that they will include humans to the story somehow.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    mckenzie
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it exactly the same as the original?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mindi Palmer
    Participant
    Topics:

Teaser looks AMAZING. This is going to be HUGE moment for Beyonce. Can’t wait to see this and especially can’t wait to hear the big song she wrote.

Well…The big songs she is going tk sing aren’t going to be written by her, she’s gonna have a huge help from songwriters like always!

ReplyCopy URL
    Rowan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not sure. They still call it “live-action” which leads me to think that they will include humans to the story somehow.

Disney hasn’t promoted it as “live action” at all. Only people in the media and social media. People involved in the production have been very careful to not say “live action”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Razzies are given out to things that are universally panned or seen as a joke, which I doubt this will be. And that emotional breakdown over a teaser is funny as a bitch. Tyler, stop with that victim complex. You’ve been here for years and a live action remake is gonna make you cry (nobody is coming after you for “nothing”)? You will get over it.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like hot garbage. Kill it with fire.

ReplyCopy URL
    CLongb0at_Jr
    Participant
    Topics:

This appears to be this decade’s equivalent to the Gus Van Sant Psycho.

Cinema is dead and nostalgia has killed it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 199 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.