Home Forums Movies THE MAZE RUNNER Thread (In Theaters 9/19/14)

THE MAZE RUNNER Thread (In Theaters 9/19/14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Tye-Grr
ETPhoneHome
Philip T.
  • Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Based on the popular 2009 sci-fi novel by James Dashner, the film version is being directed by Wes Ball and stars Dylan O’Brien (Teen Wolf), Kaya Scodelario (Skins), Will Poulter (We’re The Millers),Thomas Sangster (Game of Thrones), and Patricia Clarkson (PIeces of April). The trailer dropped a few months back, but I was just talking about it recently with some friends of mine and I thought I’d start a thread for it. I really enjoyed the series (it’s a trilogy, and there’s a prequel), and I’m excited for Dylan O’Brien who is consistently WAY better than the material deserves on his current series ‘Teen Wolf’ on MTV. The trailer looks far better than I thought it would (Wes Ball is mostly an unknown director who has primarily done short films), but it looks to capture the tone and spirit of the novels, and the art direction and visual effects compliment it nicely. 

You can watch the trailer HERE.

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve heard from people that it feels like they gave away everything in the trailer, but having read the book, I can guarantee that they haven’t. I’m excited for this, because I preferred the trilogy as a whole compared to the Hunger Games. I hope that it can be successful enough for sequels, but where the first one really doesn’t need a huge budget, the other 2 would. We might see this be a one and done adaptation, but I hope not and for goodness sake, I hope they don’t break the last book into 2 movies if they are successful. It just doesn’t have enough material to warrant it – but neither does mockingjay, so what do I know?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I’ve heard from people that it feels like they gave away everything in the trailer, but having read the book, I can guarantee that they haven’t. I’m excited for this, because I preferred the trilogy as a whole compared to the Hunger Games. I hope that it can be successful enough for sequels, but where the first one really doesn’t need a huge budget, the other 2 would. We might see this be a one and done adaptation, but I hope not and for goodness sake, I hope they don’t break the last book into 2 movies if they are successful. It just doesn’t have enough material to warrant it – but neither does mockingjay, so what do I know?

I agree with everything in this post! I’m hoping this will be a success so I can see the rest of the trilogy play out (which I too enjoyed more than ‘The Hunger Games’, especially because the books are quite different from one another, especially ‘The Maze Runner’ to ‘The Scorch Trials’). The director and the cast and the author have all stated that they’d love nothing more than to see the rest of the series play out on film, but they too know that it has to do well enough for the studio to back them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Great new trailer: m.hitfix.com/news/dylan-obrien-is-searching-for-answers-in-new-maze-runner-trailer

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip T.
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished reading the first book of the trilogy a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed! I can’t wait to start the next one.

About the latest trailer, I thought it looked very nice, I hope they do the books justice.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I’m just glad there’s an Asian dude in the movie, who’s not in the peripheral zone. Represent!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.