Home Forums Movies The Personal History of David Copperfield – Moves to 2020

The Personal History of David Copperfield – Moves to 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
babypook
Dan Jo
Jays
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Fox Searchlight has scheduled this awards contender for May 8, 2020.

Be sure to update your predictions.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Iv e read some good notices for Dev Patel and I’ll watch anything that has Tilda in the cast.
    Not sure why they’d have it as may opening.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

May release it means hardly an awards contender. I don’t know much but that’s my feelings.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Lol this is going no where near the Oscars

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Yeah release date seems odd. I thought it got decent notices at festivals. Probably wasnt gonna hit oscar but seemed more like a failed bait play than a commercial play.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kevin Klawitter
    Topics:

Of course I can’t say what its competition would be for next year’s Oscars, but I saw this movie at TIFF and absolutely loved it – it’s probably my second favorite movie I saw at the festival after “Knives Out”. I’d definitely like to see it compete for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score, and a slew of Supporting contenders.

The late spring/early summer release is a little odd, I’ll grant you, but it could slowly build up money as counterprogramming for the flashier blockbuster releases. There’s definitely a market for movies like this, as we have seen in recent years with the box office successes of “Murder on the Orient Express” and “Downtown Abbey”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Of course I can’t say what its competition would be for next year’s Oscars, but I saw this movie at TIFF and absolutely loved it – it’s probably my second favorite movie I saw at the festival after “Knives Out”. I’d definitely like to see it compete for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score, and a slew of Supporting contenders.

The late spring/early summer release is a little odd, I’ll grant you, but it could slowly build up money as counterprogramming for the flashier blockbuster releases. There’s definitely a market for movies like this, as we have seen in recent years with the box office successes of “Murder on the Orient Express” and “Downtown Abbey”.

I’m part of that target audience since I’ve read everything I could get my hands on by Dickens. This is because he’s a historian and the only one who documented the squalor people were suffering through

lol. I don’t even care if the film is changed into something dissimilar, as long as it keeps its essence.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by teri.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by teri.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.