Home Forums Movies THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE (Coming April 7th, 2023)

THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE (Coming April 7th, 2023)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Tyler The Sem..

• Tyler The Semi-Retired Awesome Guy
    Topics:

I have not seen a thread for this movie surprisingly, unless someone has already made it. If they have, then I’ll delete this one.

OFFICIAL TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnGl01FkMMo

I honestly do not think that I have been more excited for a feature film in an extremely long time. April 7th cannot get here fast enough.

I am semi-retired on GoldDerby. Still predicting but infrequent in the forums. I am sorry for my past behaviour.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Tyler The Semi-Retired Awesome Guy
    Topics:

This marks the first time since 1993 that Nintendo has decided to make an adaptation of one of their beloved video games into a feature film. At first, people thought it was not going to be good, but based on the trailers and clips that I have seen, it looks like it’s going to be really good. I have been a massive Mario fan since childhood, and while a part of me is still a little wary… another part of me is super excited.

I really hope this film breaks the trend of video game adaptations usually not being very good. I predict it will be the best-reviewed and highest-grossing film based on a video game of all-time.

I am semi-retired on GoldDerby. Still predicting but infrequent in the forums. I am sorry for my past behaviour.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

It looks… OK. I’m here for the voice cast and Anya really is doing every genre/type of movie. Chris Pratt though… just why?

I see what you mean about Pratt. I personally would not have picked him to voice this iconic character, but it does seem like he is going for more of a Brooklyn accent akin to the Super Mario Bros. TV shows back in the 1990s. From what little I have heard of him, he sounds fine. But again I will hold off my official thoughts until I see the film. Even if he is the weak link of the cast, I do not think it will ruin the movie in any way.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:

Also I understand that, as much as people will not like what I have to say, Chris Pratt is more of a box office draw than Charles Martinet ever will. I love Martinet, don’t get me wrong, and I certainly would pick him if I ran the show, but it is called “show business” for a reason. Again, I see where people are coming from, but it doesn’t bother me too much. I think he’ll probably be just fine in the film, but we’ll just have to wait until April rolls around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.