Home Forums Movies TIFF 2019

TIFF 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 224 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
9 hours ago
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Dennis El Mar
Nikhil
  • Yal
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I keep seeing people compare things to BR in order to justify predicting movies with poor reviews.

Honey, the way things go, this is how people are gonna predict from now on. If you make box office, not even Oscars care about your critical reception. 🤡

ReplyCopy URL
    cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know when (if ever) Parasite will be released in the UK?

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

If you’re making a biopic in 2019 it needs to be inventive, or at least of a high quality. It just makes me wonder why they even bothered with Harriet. That subject matter needed tackling with imagination and commitment and it feels like they just made it for the sake of making a film about Harriet Tubman.

I read that it has a deal with Curzon (niche cinemas based almost entirely in London) but they haven’t confirmed a date.

FYC: Carice van Houten (Game of Thrones), Guest Actress in a Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, the way things go, this is how people are gonna predict from now on. If you make box office, not even Oscars care about your critical reception. 🤡

Just so everyone knows, this is stegeo’s troll account. One of many he’s had.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

7 February according to IMDb

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

7 February according to IMDb

Maybe that’s a wider release? I’m sure Curzon will have select showings before 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet starts with a score of 70 on Metacritic based on 5 reviews. All technically positive so far and almost all giving praised mention to Erivo’s performance. Maybe she can still pull off a nom?

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Harriet starts with a score of 70 on Metacritic based on 5 reviews. All technically positive so far and almost all giving praised mention to Erivo’s performance. Maybe she can still pull off a nom?

Of course she can. I don’t think anyone (who isn’t biased) was saying otherwise. The lukewarm response just meant that she lost the ability to be one of the frontrunners or a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

thats better then initial reactions indicated but still have zero confidence she has the passion needed for nom. Though if little women ends up flopping another spot will open up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe that’s a wider release? I’m sure Curzon will have select showings before 2020.

In Curzon cinemas maybe yes, but unfortunately there isn’t one of those in my area. Oddly Parasite doesn’t seem to be showing at the London Film Festival either, unless it’s the surprise film (which I won’t be going to).

ReplyCopy URL
    Pollo crudo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lucy in the Sky can be the surprise of this TIFF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Yal
    Participant
    Topics:

Fue un placer hablar en la Tribute Gala de TIFF. ¡Muchas gracias por invitarme!
    It was a pleasure to speak at the Tribute Gala of TIFF. Thank you so much for inviting me!

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

If I go solely by what I see on Twitter I think this People’s Choice award would like this:

1A.Parasite
    1B.Waves
    3. Ford vs Ferrari

Parasite can win, just look at this:

The hype for Parasite is STRONG. I haven’t seen it yet, but considering the ADDED screening at #TIFF19 has a rush line that started 6 hours prior to the screening time AND it’s raining is a sign that
    @neonrated
    has a hit on their hands.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky getting panned.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

um the reactions to LUCY do not sound good

LUCY IN THE SKY: hey dawg we heard you like aspect ratios so we put an aspect ratio inside your aspect ratio #TIFF19

#LucyInTheSky does not land. #TIFF19

@davidehrlich
    LUCY IN THE SKY, like everLUCY IN THE SKY, like every other movie ever made, would have been greatly improved by Natalie Portman shitting herself. #TIFF19

LUCY IN THE SKY is a massive miss. A languid paced psychological snooze, a scattershot of no cares plot and scenes, only made interesting by the dead end creative choices. Ultimately, a waste of Natalie Portman. #TIFF19

#TIFF19 Lucy in the Sky is a film that relies a lot on Portman’s performance and it works really well! Dan Stevens’s accent is almost goofy as fuck

LUCY IN THE SKY: I feel like I need to let this percolate, but it’s a hell of a swing for both Noah Hawley and Natalie Portman. #TIFF19
    Lucy In The Sky was an intense cinematic experience with craziest visuals and an incredible and mesmerizing perfomance by Natalie Portman #TIFF19

LUCY IN THE SKY: Before the film began, Noah Hawley seemed less than sure about it. He had reason to be: His film is a meandering misfire , never quite sure of what it wants to accomplish, or how to get there. Portman tries hard, but can’t salvage it. #TIFF19

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.