Home Forums Movies Top 100 Actors and Actresses Poll: Results

Top 100 Actors and Actresses Poll: Results

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 221 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
markwahlbird
Stank83
vinny
  • Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Hepburn was in my top 5 so I’m a bit shocked she didn’t rank higher to be honest. I think I can probably figure out the top 4 now for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Yeah Saoirse! She is on my list.

My guess for Top 5:

Cate Blanchett
    Meryl Streep
    Daniel Day-Lewis
    Christian Bale
    Viola Davis

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

It’s this forum voting these things why are you outraged at every placement? It’s y’all who did this.

Also why is this so slow, give us the rest already aaah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

20. Natalie Portman (981 points | 74 mentions | 4 first places | 3 second places)

19. Viola Davis (983 points | 68 mentions | 3 first places | 5 second places | 3 third places)

18. Denzel Washington (1,198 points | 88 mentions | 5 second places | 2 third places)

17. Brad Pitt (1,241 points | 105 mentions | 3 first places | 2 second places | 2 third places)

16. Frances McDormand (1,267 points | 108 mentions | 1 first place | 3 second places | 3 third places)

Only fifteen more entries left to go! I think it should be fairly easy for you all to figure out who’s left, by process of elimination of the most popular and revered actors. Yes, the rest of the list skews very modern, but I’d say they mostly make sense as top fifteen actors. I’d like to challenge you all to try to come up with the remaining fifteen names, and to rank them in the order you think they’ll show up!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

Brad Pitt got votes only for his looks, calling it now. Y’all so thirsty (he does have a great filmography but that’s not because of his acting)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Yes, the rest of the list skews very modern, but I’d say they mostly make sense as top fifteen actors.

It’s hard to believe that when people like K. Hepburn, Grant, Stewart, Davis, Bergman, Lemmon, Mastroianni and Ullmann are already out. Not to mention Sissy Spacek and Vanessa Redgrave not even making the top 100. I didn’t vote in the poll because I felt I had too much yet to watch to make an informed judgement, but I see that didn’t stop other people from weighing in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

denzel not in the top 5…..shocked me. Now I even more curious to see who is in the top 5 now. He was my number 4. Portman and Pitt were on my list too but nowhere near the top ten tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Brad Pitt got votes only for his looks, calling it now. Y’all so thirsty (he does have a great filmography but that’s not because of his acting)

He was on my list too but becuase he is a great actor. I am sure peope voted for the reason you said as well though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Only fifteen more entries left to go! I think it should be fairly easy for you all to figure out who’s left, by process of elimination of the most popular and revered actors. Yes, the rest of the list skews very modern, but I’d say they mostly make sense as top fifteen actors. I’d like to challenge you all to try to come up with the remaining fifteen names, and to rank them in the order you think they’ll show up!

Streep at the top 2 at least for sure I’d guess/hope. Pacino/Robert DiNiro/Bale/Lawrence/DiCaprio/Day-Lewis/Cranston maybe/McConaughey maybe?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

Oh yeah, those names not being in the top 15 is pretty inexcusable, I just meant it from the standpoint of them being a mix of both populist choices and talented actors. Ultimately this list primarily is a popularity contest, in all honesty.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Pitt at 17 is pretty laughable
    Over Denzel Washington???
    Same for McDormand (great actress, but very limited).

Hasn’t McConaughey been already mentioned in the list??

Btw I expect to see the usual suspects(and rightly so) the legendary quintet Brando/De Niro-Pac/DDL/Nicholson, then Streep, Blanchett, PSH, the triumvirate of the modern GOATs DiCaprio/Bale/Phoenix, Adams, Hanks, Gyllenhaal, Dafoe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

McConaughey and Olivier have both appeared earlier on the list, but the other eleven you listed have not yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

McConaughey and Olivier have both appeared earlier on the list, but the other eleven you listed have not yet.

Yeah yeah, I realized that and edited it a bit, thanks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    markwahlbird
    Topics:

That’s a very promising list of 15 names you’ve got there… I’d be interested to see you (and anyone else who wants to) guess where they’d all rank!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Portman at number 20 is way too high. She is not that great

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 221 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.