Home Forums Movies Top 3 Worst Movie 2021

Top 3 Worst Movie 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
marsha_brightly
Butz
  • Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

This is my Top 3 worst movie 2021

Hillbilly Elegy : when you attach title refer to society or community you have to show what really happen to that society. i cant find any hillbilly activities here…. its all just deadbeat mom angry all the time… in other hand Nomadland really describe the nomad society i can feel the interaction between francess with nomad even tho i hate their performance but u’ll see the nomad heaven

one thing that  really adore in this film is Glen Close performance is great …look back when the kid trowed out the calculator from the car..close performance i really epic at that time…look at her eye shes really mean to be angry, Oscar for her Best supporting actress

Tenet : story line is terrible its just like meeting and then fight and then meeting again and then fight again thats all. John David Washington performance is bad…he’s trying to be cool but fail

the worst thing about this film is fight scene… just like the girls fight over idiot boy..really bad..they should hire great choreographer for fight scene

the visual effect here is not good as Inception or Batman… i can feel the greenscreen in studio project

but what i really surprise  is Pattinson acting more upgrade…

Da 5 Bloods : Spike lee tryin to bring all black men leading in this film…. i dont know why…sometime i feel like hes being racist here because why all black soldier make exclusivity making group or community in military ..that shouldnt never happen…all people same in military what ever your skin color, race, sexual gender (debatable) etc. i saw alot movie about vietnam war and they never make white so exclusive or black left behind ( dont get me wrong even tho the leading is still white)

if you want to feel real action life on the field you better watch  old war movie rather than da 5 blood in studio with green screen

But dont get me wrong guys these films gonna end up with award nomination due of COVID-19 causing alot great project film push back to the next year…

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Only 3?

1. Songbird
    2. Rebecca
    3. Doolittle

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

Da 5 Bloods : Spike lee tryin to bring all black men leading in this film…. i dont know why…sometime i feel like hes being racist here because why all black soldier make exclusivity making group or community in military ..that shouldnt never happen…all people same in military what ever your skin color, race, sexual gender (debatable) etc. i saw alot movie about vietnam war and they never make white so exclusive or black left behind ( dont get me wrong even tho the leading is still white)

what

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

1. Rebecca (Legit this movie is soooooo bad)

2. The Last Thing He Wanted (I love the cast, and Dee Rees is so talented, but this is a HUGE misfire)

3. Work It

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

1. Songbird

2. 365 Days

3. The Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Regina King (Best Director), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Leslie Odom Jr. (Best Supporting Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Fantasy Island
    Hillbilly Elegy
    Tyler Perry’s A Fall from Grace

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LaChienne
    Topics:

Ugh, so many misfires this year. On one hand it’s disappointing that the year of pandemic-induced streaming availability offered mostly unlikeable returns, but on the other hand it makes me glad I didn’t waste at all the time, money, and gas to drive out to see all the bait in theaters.

1. A Nun’s Curse: Probably didn’t show up on anyone’s radar because it’s basically just a bomb with a lure title resembling the more famous The Nun (2018) so that people will mistakenly watch it. Awful and incomprehensible screenplay delivered by four actors who look mid-30s playing young college students and “you just didn’t try” direction (unintentionally hilarious, as when the leads fret over an oncoming storm; seconds later the camera pans up to reveal a blue, cloudless sky). Add not one but two cliched, insultingly stupid endings and you have a movie that doesn’t even deserve a half-star rating. When the only somewhat funny moment of a movie is a “bofa deez nuts” joke you know you fucked up.
    2. After We Collided: I was not responsible for A Nun’s Curse; it was my dad’s turn to pick a horror movie for hanging out together and it is a testament of my love for him that I didn’t roast him THAT badly. After We Collided was like that. One of my best friends and I love roasting bad movies but this was too much. It was so excruciating we could barely summon up a joke in the Teleparty chat. The first movie was bad enough but the second movie removes even that anemic strain of “chemistry” and seemingly forgets the ending so that the uncharismatic, poorly-defined leads can have more will-they-or-won’t-they belligerent sexual tension, not that you will really care one way or the other, and the sexual content is so boring that it makes 365 Days look like Don’t Look Now. Dumb as fuck, overly long and embarrassingly acted, it nevertheless ends in a hook that reminds you that there are still TWO more fucking sequels on the way. Also if you pick Hero Fiennes Tiffin over Dylan Sprouse you are stupid as hell. Thankfully I made it up to K. with a streaming of The Half of It which was actually good.
    3. I’m Thinking of Ending Things: Controversial because I know self-declared cinephiles and /tv/heads went apeshit over this “absolute kino” but I hated it. I enjoyed the book and read it in basically one sitting, but with someone like Kaufman at the helm I knew not to expect a direct adaptation. Yet I still wanted something better than this. There is only so much pretentious conversation one can stand and I was over this before even the thirty-minute mark. Basically an adaptation in name only but instead of doing something interesting with the material it just turns into a monologuing smug self-important-yet-falls-apart-under-any-dissection wankfest between two characters you couldn’t give a fuck about under any circumstances. I can’t give points for being different when the results are so shitty. The most I could offer was “it looked pretty sometimes I guess.” Waste of perfectly good talent and the new ending was atrocious.

Honorable mentions: The Prom, The Last Thing He Wanted, Ghosts of War, Ava, Wonder Woman 1984, 365 Days

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogawooga
    Topics:

2021 or 2020?

The worst for 2021 so far is Malcolm & Marie . What a silly waste of time for everyone involved, including the audience.

The worst offenses of 2020,
    Old Guard – for an action movie, this was slow, self-serious, and most offensively, it’s boring. It was like a Christopher Nolan flick without all the fireworks and twice as long.

the Prom – Even Meryl couldn’t save this trash from the garbage heap. And they couldn’t even solve homophobia correctly! Or did they?

EuroVision – if you take a one-off joke and stretch it to 4 hrs, it was this.

Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom – this one’s greatest achievement is being able to completely drain the art and poetry out of August Wilson’s words.

Pieces of a Woman – A poorly written, overacted (poorly I might add) melodrama that should’ve spent more time in the editing bay. Or cancel it all together.

Tenet – convoluted, self serious nonsense with a lead that has reverse-charisma and a horrible sound design/mixing. Maybe that was the point! It was pretty though

Trial of Chicago 7 – toothless white neoliberal self-congratulation with the cringiest endings in recent memory

top 10
    Nomadland
    First Cow
    The Forty-Year-Old Version
    Martin Eden
    Never Rarely Sometimes Always
    Sorry We Missed You
    I'm Thinking of Ending Things
    The Assistant
    His House
    Possessor: Uncut

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Kelly Reichardt, First Cow
    Actor: Luca Martinelli, Martin Eden
    Actress: Frances McDormand, Nomadland
    Supp. Actor: Bill Burr, King of Staten Island
    Supp. Actress: Essie Davis, True History of the Kelly Gang

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Rebecca – Poor casting, added no value to the source material and at times I was unsure what I was even watching. Was it a period piece or a modern piece? Was it an adaptation of Rebecca or a 50 Shades homage? Kristin Scott-Thomas was excellent as she always is but my god every time she had to read that appalling script. Extra points for having a cannibal as the male protagonist.

2. Hillbilly Elegy – There is no “conspiracy” behind people rating this film poorly. It is just atrocious. Its protagonist comes off unintentionally narcissistic in both performance and character writing. Amy Adams (one of my favourite actors) tried her best but the script let down her performance and made what could have been a compelling character rather unconvincing and almost caricaturey. Glenn Close and Haley Bennett were ok though. There is a sequence with something/someone on fire that was so poorly executed that I, someone who has never taken illegal drugs, thought I had been accidentally given a shitty LSD.

3. <i>The United States vs Billie Holliday </i>– This film’s existence is an insult to the name of Billie Holliday.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

3)Hillbilly Elegy
    2)My Spy
    1)The War with Grandpa

I didnt see a lot of movies this year so I’msure there is wven worse

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Skyler Lindquist
    Topics:

1. Happiest Season
    2. Hubie Halloween
    3. Hillbilly Elegy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

1. Songbird 2. 365 Days 3. The Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson

yesss…. 365 days f*cking terrible…completely agree but this film out of award radar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

1. Pętla
    2. The Grudge
    3. The Craft: Legacy

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Artemis Fowl: pathetic and disrespectful to its source material.

Mulan: a bland, soulless adaptation of a classic film.

The Trial of the Chicago 7: a cringe-worthy piece of liberal propaganda.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Palmboom
    Topics:

I haven’t seen enough to name 3 really ‘bad’ movies. But whatever I watch, it will not beat the horror of 365 Days. That movie is terrible, offensive and just utter crap. That’s my #1 for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.