April 7, 2021 at 11:47 pm #1204185376
Everyone in Goldderby must really loves movies. And there’s must be few scenes from movies that really memorable or stays and haunts you for a long time. What 5 scenes from movies do you think acted so flawlessly that makes it memorable? Here’s my personal list:
1. Last Summer (1969), A 5 minute heartbreaking monologue by Catherine Burns’ Rodha about the death of her mother by drowing. Her final delivery “That was the last time I saw her” still haunts me to this day.
2. Requiem For A Dream (2000), Ellen Burstyn’s monologue about being old and lonely.
3. Call Me By Your Name (2017), A scene where Elio sitting under the tree, in the dark, waiting for Oliver. This scene makes me really hated this film. Not because the movie is bad, but because of how heartbreaking it is.
4. Monster (2003), The telephone scene between Wuornos and her Shelby. The last time they spoke before the trial. “Because I love you, and I don’t wanna lose you..” it’s a mesmerizing piece of acting by Charlize Theron.
5. Blue Is The Warmest Color (2013), The intense, brutal break up scene. It’s more intense than any action scenes i’ve ever seen. Watching human emotions conflicted and exploded is horrifying.
April 8, 2021 at 5:43 am #1204185709
- This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by galaxy98.
I know everyone prefers the opera scene but Kidman’s final scene on the beach in Birth never fails to amaze me.April 8, 2021 at 6:54 am #1204185885
I remberer being amazed by the acting at the end of The Imitation Game between Benedict Cumberbatch and Kiera KnightleyApril 8, 2021 at 1:54 pm #1204186894
FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")April 8, 2021 at 2:12 pm #1204186933
FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIESApril 8, 2021 at 2:12 pm #1204186939
That one silent scream scene in Sophie’s Choice by Meryl Streep and tbh every seen of the entire cast of The FavouriteApril 8, 2021 at 2:27 pm #1204186991
Catherine Burns, Last Summer
Viola Davis, Doubt
Ben Johnson, The Last Picture Show
Robert Shaw, JawsApril 8, 2021 at 2:37 pm #1204187011
Kirsten Dunst beans scene in Melancholia: “The earth is evil. We don’t need to grieve for it”
Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)
Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.