Home Forums Movies Underrated 2019 Films/Performances

Underrated 2019 Films/Performances

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Brayden Fitzs..
Jays
SuperStarShap..
  • Flickchick
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita blew me away in Us and I can’t believe she wasn’t nominated for an Oscar.

Song Kang-Ho’s Oscar omission was borderline criminal.  He is the heart of the best movie I’ve seen in many, many years.  All the women were amazing in that film too.

I personally preferred J Lo in Hustlers to Dern in Marriage Story.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion Glass and Godzilla King of the Monsters were both very underrated. Neither were great movies at all, but they were decent and pretty entertaining. And James McAvoy’s performance in Glass was absolutely phenomenal: probably one of my Top 10 of the year. The fact that he was on the Razzie shortlist is abominable!

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Emma Thompson, Late Night

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Portrait of a Lady on Fire was paid dust but Adele Haenel especially should have made it in the lineup easily. That last scene of her at the concert is devastating. There’s also George MacKay for 1917, Robert Pattinson for The Lighthouse and Florence Pugh for Midsommar, but my biggest disappointment for a great overlooked performance is Shia LeBeouf for Honey Boy. He had me SHOOK and I really don’t think the movie could have been as incredible as it was without him. He put so much into it and broke my heart, ugh

Always the tasteful bitch, baby.

Mary Kay Place can suit this whole Award Season for the Crimes committed against her.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I will never forget the fact that the academy snubbed Roman Griffin Davis for JoJo Rabbit. One of the best parts, if not the best part, of a fantastic film that will be remembered for ages.

FYC BAFTA : Florence Pugh, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Greta Gerwig, Renée & Joaquin
    FYC Oscar ; Renée Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FYC GD : Florence Pugh in all Categories, Wild Rose (Best Song)
    FYC BAFTA TV : Olivia Colman, Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Glass across the board, really.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessie Buckley in Wild Rose is the only answer! I can’t wait to watch her breakout in a big way this year and the years to come. I think she could definitely be an Oscar winner (or multiple nominee) by the end of this decade.

All of this. One of the few times (maybe only) I agree with Andrew Lloyd Webber, she’s is one of the greatest talents the planet has witnessed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate McKinnon in Bombshell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Song Kang-ho not getting a single award nom for his masterful turn in Parasite automatically makes it one of the most underrated performances of the decade

Umm, he won the Phoenix Critics, Los Angeles Critics and Gay Lesbian Critics awards.

He also got nominated at 7 other associations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

All of this. One of the few times (maybe only) I agree with Andrew Lloyd Webber, she’s is one of the greatest talents the planet has witnessed.

She’s going to be HUGE. It sounds ridiculous to say but I just have a feeling she’s going to be one of the next insanely acclaimed actresses like Blanchett, Streep, etc. I’m just waiting for them to cast her as Janis Joplin then it’s really over for everyone.

Also, I don’t know how I overlooked LeBeouf and Honey Boy in general. Shia was my personal supporting actor winner. Jupe and Hedges were terrific as well. That movie broke me.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.