November 15, 2018 at 11:37 am #1202675740
The ninth season of Variety’s Actors on Actors On will premiere on PBS SoCal on Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 7 p.m. with episodes three and four set to premiere on Thursday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m. Actors that will Feature are:
• Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) with Lin-Manuel Miranda (Mary Poppins Returns)
• Mahershala Ali (Green Book) with John David Washington (BlacKkKlansman)
• Emily Blunt (A Quiet Place / Mary Poppins Returns) with Hugh Jackman (The Front Runner)
• Emma Stone (The Favourite) with Timothée Chalamet (Beautiful Boy)
• Melissa McCarthy (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) with Lupita Nyong’o (Black Panther)
• Nicole Kidman (Destroyer/Boy Erased) with Amy Adams (Vice)
• Charlize Theron (Tully) with Michael B. Jordan (Black Panther)
• Armie Hammer (On the Basis of Sex / Sorry to Bother You) with Dakota Johnson (Suspiria(
• Glenn Close (The Wife) with Sam Elliott (A Star is Born)
• Viggo Mortensen (Green Book) with Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)
• Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk) with Maggie Gyllenhaal (The Kindergarten Teacher)
• John Krasinski (A Quiet Place) with Rosamund Pike (A Private War)
• Felicity Jones (On the Basis of Sex) with Constance Wu (Crazy Rich Asians)November 15, 2018 at 1:50 pm #1202675851
Very sad not to see Davis here. Her one with Tom Hanks is still the best one I’ve seen. I am so excited to see Kidman and Adams!
Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categoriesNovember 15, 2018 at 2:13 pm #1202675871
Very excited for Blunt/Jackman.November 15, 2018 at 2:26 pm #1202675880
Shame Olivia Colman isn’t here, she could’ve used the exposure – as ubiquitous as she’s been recently, there may still be many who are unfamiliar with her. I like that they’ve combined Armie Hammer with Dakota Johnson, as they’ve both recently been in Luca Guadagnino films.November 15, 2018 at 2:48 pm #1202675901
Shame Olivia Colman isn’t here, she could’ve used the exposure – as ubiquitous as she’s been recently, there may still be many who are unfamiliar with her. I like that they’ve combined Armie Hammer with Dakota Johnson, as they’ve both recently been in Luca Guadagnino films.
Is she doing press at all? Besides the THR article, I haven’t seen her anywhere. Stone and Weisz were on talk shows.November 16, 2018 at 12:43 am #1202676110
Is she doing press at all? Besides the THR article, I haven’t seen her anywhere. Stone and Weisz were on talk shows.
The Crown filming ends in March but suspect she will be given time to campaign when The Favourite is released and during voting period so maybe early December. She has BBC’s Les Miserables soon so she can get on Graham Norton and promote both closer to The Favourite’s release in the U.K. on 1 January. Fox Searchlight has been very careful/ deliberate with this film so far so think it’s safe to say they have it planned out for her.November 16, 2018 at 3:22 am #1202676131
Universal knows where their priorities lie. Green Book over Flop Man. Yes.November 16, 2018 at 4:59 am #1202676156
I feel that The Kindergarten Teacher, The Front Runner, Tully, On the Basis of Sex, Sorry to Bother You and A Private War all will fall into oblivion like it happened last year with Stronger or Battle of the Sexes (and many others). I have not see any of them, but it seems to me that they do not have buzz, there is no interest towards them, they will not make money, I even do not know if they have been in cinemas or not (with the exception of Tully). I liked Stronger and Battle of the Sexes, so I plan on watching all of those as well, but I do not see bright future for them.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.