Home Forums Movies Variety’s ‘Actors on Actors’ 2021

Variety’s ‘Actors on Actors’ 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
estrelas
fefface
  • Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Variety and PBS SoCal announced today the actor lineup and schedule for the thirteenth season of their three-time EMMY® award-winning series Variety Studio: Actors on Actors.

The new season was filmed entirely from the actors’ homes and includes exclusive one-on-one conversations between top acting talent from potential contending movies in this year’s Academy Awards race. The episodes will premiere on PBS SoCal on Friday, March 5 at 8:00 pm, 8:30 pm, 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm. All episodes will stream on pbssocal.org and on the free PBS Video app following their premieres.

Variety Studio: Actors on Actors won a Daytime Emmy® award in 2019 and Los Angeles Area EMMY® awards for best entertainment programming in 2015 and 2016. The series was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC.

Variety’s Actors on Actors issue will hit newsstands on Jan. 20 with clips appearing on Variety.com starting Jan. 19. All Variety.com Actors on Actors videos will be presented by Amazon Studios.

This season’s featured conversations are:

Jodie Foster (“The Mauritanian”) with Anthony Hopkins (“The Father”)

Ben Affleck (“The Way Back”) with Sacha Baron Cohen (“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm,” “The Trial of the Chicago 7”)

George Clooney (“The Midnight Sky”) with Michelle Pfeiffer (“French Exit”)

Tom Holland (“Cherry”) with Daniel Kaluuya (“Judas and the Black Messiah”)

Andra Day (“The United States vs. Billie Holiday”) with Leslie Odom Jr. (“One Night in Miami”)

Jamie Dornan (“Wild Mountain Thyme”) with Eddie Redmayne (“The Trial of the Chicago 7”)

Glenn Close (“Hillbilly Elegy”) with Pete Davidson (“The King of Staten Island”)

Jared Leto (“The Little Things”) with John David Washington (“Malcolm & Marie”)

Zendaya (“Malcolm & Marie”) with Carey Mulligan (“Promising Young Woman”)

Riz Ahmed (“Sound of Metal”) with Steven Yeun (“Minari”)

Vanessa Kirby (“Pieces of a Woman”) with Amanda Seyfried (“Mank”)

“Given the previous success of ‘Actors on Actors,’ Variety is once again excited to bring the 2021 version directly from the safety of the homes of this awards season’s outstanding contenders,” said Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, President and Group Publisher of Variety. “Along with our good partner PBS SoCal, Variety’s three-time Emmy award-winning series allows our audience to view intimate one-on-one conversations with the biggest stars in the film industry.”

Variety Studio: Actors on Actors will air on PBS stations across the nation starting in March, and on the WORLD Channel (check local listings).

Source: Variety

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Some of these are pairs made in heaven (Kirby and Seyfried, Ahmed and Yeun, Zendaya and Mulligan), some feel like they’ve been decided whilst someone has been drunk (*coughs* Close and Davidson *coughs*) but the one I am most interested in is Foster and Hopkins. Variety often pair former iconic co-stars with each other (see how they did Danes and Lewis for the Emmys this year) but I am intrigued because Foster said in an interview she’s never spoken to Hopkins properly (not even on the set of <i>The Silence of the Lambs</i>) because she was absolutely terrified of him because of how good his performance was.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

They had the opportunity to reunite Glenn Close and Michelle Pfeiffer and they pair the former with Pete Davidson?! What were they thinking?! Or smoking actually…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Zendaya and mulligan what did i do to deserve that iconic pairing. <when mulligan gets cast as rues aunt in euphoria.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I want to be best friends with whoever paired Glenn Close and Pete Davidson together. That person has a wicked sense of humor and I love it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Glenn Close (“Hillbilly Elegy”) with Pete Davidson (“The King of Staten Island”)

What an odd couple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This wouldn’t have happened because Colman refuses to campaign but it is still a missed opportunity to not pair Kirby and Colman together.

Nonetheless like I said the Kirby/Seyfried pairing is genius (as is the Zendaya/Mulligan one).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Obviously this is just one stop on the Oscar circuit, but this may give us insights about campaigning

1) Leslie Odom Jr is probably being pushed above his co stars for ONIM
    2) Eddie Redmayne is participating with Trial campaigning
    3) Amy Adams is likely not campaigning for Hillbilly Elegy (she always does this kind of stuff) but Glenn Close is
    4) Zendaya and JDW are likely going to be a pair (i.e. one probably won’t be campaigning more than the other)
    5) Universal and SPC want Pete Davidson and Michelle Pfeiffer to get those Comedy Globe spots

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Justmimusicmon
    Topics:

What an odd couple.

Very odd.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I do agree that Glenn Close should’ve been done more justice with her pairing, but there’s also a part of me that is guiltily intrigued to see how their conversation will go down. I mean, two polar opposite actors and personalities, I can’t say I’m not somewhat curious to see how their interview plays out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

3) Amy Adams is likely not campaigning for Hillbilly Elegy (she always does this kind of stuff) but Glenn Close is

Maybe, but Amy has done this series three times in the past; it might be that the producers simply chose to broaden the scope of the participants they feature this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

There are some surprises here. I can’t say I’m not a little disappointed. The last three pairings are great. Daniel and Tom know each other from Marvel- fine- I’m sure that’ll be delightful.

Im not sitting through anything with Affleck, even if it is with SBC.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Jodie Foster + Anthony Hopkins = heaven

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/u2QjdRaLfa8

Interesting!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Foster/Hopkins, Ahmed/Yeun, and Zendaya/Mulligan pairings are chef’s kiss

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.