Home Forums Movies Venice 2017

Venice 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
AMG
Bee
Marco B.
  • Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

I simply thought there should be a topic for this Venice Film Festival edition, to keep track of the screened films and so on, and I couldn’t find it.

Here you can download the programme: http://www.labiennale.org/en/cinema/2017

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I would die to be able to attend

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Downsizing First Reactions

Alex Billington: Payne’s Downsizing is like Charlie Kaufman, Spike Jonze, Mike Judge all rolled into one. Totally crazy, amusing concept that mostly works.

Robbie Collin: Downsizing, AKA Alexander Payne’s Avatar, AKA Honey, I Shrunk the Privilege. Swerves left every minute, destination v worth it.

Beatrice Behn: A wobbly social satire that has some great moments but in the end sticks to its name.

Angus MacKinnon: Much to enjoy & think about in DOWNSIZING but rambling plot and pace don’t do it any favours, nor hammy turn by Christoph Waltz

Jason Solomons: Can’t see Downsizing winning any little men statues – maybe nod for Matt Damon or supporting Hong Chau – film is droll yet weak

Peter Travers: Alex Payne’s Downsizing opened Venice. It’s a visionary masterwork. And newcomer Hong Chau is omg-great. The bad taste of summer is gone.

Ben Croll: DOWNSIZING is Payne’s IDIOCRACY, using a sci-fi premise to land satirical hits on US culture. Many hits land, but damn is the film uneven.

Xan Brooks: Alexander Payne’s Downsizing a lovely, skittish, spirited giant of a film. Beautifully played by Matt Damon & Christoph Waltz

Magdalena Miedl: Payne’s DOWNSIZING is like the proverbial box of chocolates, bit heavy on the morals but hugely entertaining. Good opening film.

Giuseppe Rossetti: DOWNSIZING A very original dramedy. Maybe a bit confused but still delightful. Chau and Waltz steal the scene (3.5/5).

Adam Ray Palmer: Downsizing is a weird one. Enjoyable, comedic & is a real thinker. Waltz a delight again, Damon a bit wet but worth a watch

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

So would I. I applied for volunteering there and they replied that they don’t use volunteers. They don’t know what they’re missing, lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you so much, AMG, for your great work as usual! : ))

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Downsizing sounds promising .

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The Shape of Water is tomorrow right?

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

The Shape of Water is tomorrow right?

That looks fun , do you think it will be as good as Pans ( which i think is his best ) ?

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Those twitter reactions for Downsizing are a little more mixed than the critic reviews up so far on Metacritic (90 with 7 reviews including 2 100s). Chau seems pretty likely considering even the more negative reviews have singled her out. Not sure what to make of Waltz….

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/mother-first-reactions-darren-aronofsky-jennifer-lawrence-anthony-bourdain-1201871900/

Can’t wait to read official reviews, this film is getting more and more interesting to my eyes.

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait to read official reviews, this film is getting more and more interesting to my eyes.

this looks very interesting and im excited to see it. It would be fun to see the whole cast win an Oscar

Javier and Jenn – Lead
    Harris and MIchelle – Supporting

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    Pollo crudo
    Participant
    Topics:

Shape of water getting rave reviews: 100% in RT by 8 critics by now. Very liked by Te Guardian, Variety and THR; calling it a big heart movie, even though neither was super-excited.

First Reformed by Paul Schrader had its screening too, getting mixed reviews. It’s deep and spiritual, but nothing to remember. Ethan Hawke collaboration was the highlight apparently.

ReplyCopy URL
    RRaw
    Participant
    Topics:

Shape of water yaass

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

The Shape Of Water First Reactions

Xan Brooks: Del Toro’s The Shape of Water is a ravishing, nourishing monster movie romance. Red meat for the senses with some sugar on top

Paul O’Callaghan: For first 1/2 hour or so, I thought The Shape of Water might be an all-timer. It’s not, but by far GDT’s best since Pan’s Labyrinth. The central romance didn’t quite work for me, I was more invested in everything going on around it. But it’s still pretty great!

One Room With A View: THE SHAPE OF WATER is a wonderland of cinematic delights and horrors. It’s pure Guillermo del Toro and a sincere joy

Chris Vognar: Loved The Shape of Water, GDT’s Cold War fable. Visually sumptuous monster movie/love story. Commanding and moving.

Robbie Collin: The Shape of Water is basically Creature from the Black Lagoon directed by Douglas Sirk. ADORED.

Guy Lodge: I lost my heart to THE SHAPE OF WATER, and I don’t even want it back.

Beatrice Behn: The Shape of Water is an incredibly intelligent & sensitive pondering of toxic masculinity & its consequences. Chapeau.

Dave Calhoun: Guillermo Del Toro’s THE SHAPE OF WATER is gloriously eccentric and imaginative. All the swoons for Sally Hawkins.

Alex Billington: Omg omg omg The Shape of Water is spectacular. What an extraordinarily special film. One of Del Toro’s best films, hands down. Oh my. Oh I am SOOOO in love with Sally Hawkins. She better damn well get at least a nomination for The Shape of Water. Guillermo’s most beautiful love story yet, infused with so much passion for cinema, for romance, for the power of love.

Giuseppe Rossetti: THE SHAPE OF WATER Such a brilliant, spectacular and intense love story. Del Toro at his best, Hawkis is masterful. I weep a lot.

Andreas Wiseman: The Shape Of Water will be in the awards conversation. Hawkins, del Toro, production design, score, script, possibly Shannon and Jenkins.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.