Home Forums Movies Venice Film Festival 2019

Venice Film Festival 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 101 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Thatcher
AMG
Marco B.
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker won the Golden Lion! WOW. In terrible news, Roman Polanski won the Jury Prize.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker won the Golden Lion!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Delighted for Luca Marinelli and his Best Actor prize.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Huge Oscar boost for Joker. Joaquin has to be the Oscar frontrunner now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker succeeds Roma and The Shape of Water and the hype for this movie is through the roof. The BP nom is looking more and more likely

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Joker will be become Warner bros. main push this award season

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

0 excuses now. Phoenix is coming for his overdue Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol Phoenix and Joker in BP are so happening. But I’ll forever be confused about and repulsed by the support Polanski continues to have. This’ll be an interesting season to say the least.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

And leave Roman alone. He made one mistake 42 years ago. He suffered enough for it. Time to move on.

Yes because drugging and raping a 13 year old, then fleeing the country so as to not pay for the crime is a “mistake” and he clearly suffered by making countless other films and being heavily awarded for them.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

What the hell happened to Venice? Awarding a film based on comics with Golden Lion? Sickening.

Measuring a film’s merits by its genre and not its quality is ridiculous. Most superhero movies really aren’t worth consideration at the Oscars, but this is the furthest we’ve seen from a conventional superhero film since the Dark Knight trilogy. And Joaquin Phoenix is a marvelous actor who should’ve won an Oscar for The Master, so if the film actually turns out to be great then it deserves all the awards attention it’s certain to get.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Clownery is happening at the Oscars. Joker Phoenix is winning. I hope he at least has a shower before getting the dildo.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Measuring a film’s merits by its genre and not its quality is ridiculous. Most superhero movies really aren’t worth consideration at the Oscars, but this is the furthest we’ve seen from a conventional superhero film since the Dark Knight trilogy. And Joaquin Phoenix is a marvelous actor who should’ve won an Oscar for The Master, so if the film actually turns out to be great then it deserves all the awards attention it’s certain to get.

THANK YOU

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, awarding comic book “superhero” movie is, in my holy opinion, a clear sympton that cinema is dying. So I agree, it’s sad that a classy festival like Venice ends awarding Clownery.

ReplyCopy URL
    bellajoe
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, awarding comic book “superhero” movie is, in my holy opinion, a clear sympton that cinema is dying. So I agree, it’s sad that a classy festival like Venice ends awarding Clownery.

How? Have you seen Joker? How do you know that ‘cinema is dying’ Joker could very well be the best film of the year. This year hasn’t been super strong. There are only like 4 movies I’ve seen so far this year that I will still care about in 5 years, one of which is a comic adaptation. (Midsommar, Climax, Farewell, and Endgame).

Please tell me what should have won instead of Joker, maybe Marriage Story or Waves? Both movies none of us have seen? Let’s watch the films, then we can discuss whether this is the death of cinema.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

How? Have you seen Joker? How do you know that ‘cinema is dying’ Joker could very well be the best film of the year. This year hasn’t been super strong. There are only like 4 movies I’ve seen so far this year that I will still care about in 5 years, one of which is a comic adaptation. (Midsommar, Climax, Farewell, and Endgame). Please tell me what should have won instead of Joker, maybe Marriage Story or Waves? Both movies none of us have seen? Let’s watch the films, then we can discuss whether this is the death of cinema.

Darling, stop. This isn’t a Democrat convention.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.