Home Forums Movies Venice Film Festival 2021

Venice Film Festival 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Watcher
veronikavoss
  • Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

The Venice jury is trash. 7 people nobody knows deciding awards. Stewart was robbed, darling but don’t get it twisted. The Oscar is still hers.

lol stay pressed, the only trash was you continuing to insist that Stewart was a lock (doing her no favors, frankly, since anyone following ALL the films could’ve told you that was nonsense).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Random things front the ceremony before I read the backlog comments:

* I loved the girl from Call My Agent (Laure Calamy). So much enthusiasm!

* Filippo Scotti cute ❤️🇮🇹

* Women and Netflix

* Maggie!!!!!!! This is for all the haters when I slotted her in! 🎬🤩

* And finally… the international feature Oscar is going to be crazy this year. The Happening vs. The Hand of God vs. Parallel Mothers vs. Flee vs. The worst Person in the world

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>@bettedavis

The Venice jury is trash. 7 people nobody knows deciding awards. Stewart was robbed, darling but don’t get it twisted. The Oscar is still hers.

</p>

gosh you are so fake 😂😂 how old are you? Cos it will be so creepy if you’re an older person creating all these multiple account for someone you don’t like.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    E9k
    Topics:

@ veronikavoss that person doesn’t like Kristen, he/she is just doing this to ridicule Kristen and get her more hate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Women won this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Looking at it now, it feels like……..yeah lol this was the obvious outcome! Happening was THE BIGGEST thing at the fest, and Campion’s Silver Lion does feel more important than the Grand Jury. I am SO FREAKING HAPPY for The Hand of God, Maggie Gyllenhaal/The Lost Daughter, Penelope Cruz. This is a huge boost for these films!!

Stewart is absolutely fine 🙂 Cruz was the favorite going in and a LOT of people thought it was her best. We underestimated her power after Spencer came onto the scene, that’s all

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The surprises are Sorrentino and Gyllenhaal and I dooooo just wanna tell skeptics: BOOYAhhhh lol sorry

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Stewart raves were also influenced by the fact that people might not expect her to act that well plus her role was in English so easy access. With Cruz, the performance was just another great performance for her. Same with Colman, she is brilliant but the reviews praise Gyllehaal more because the direction is the unexpectedly good part of it. Stewart still is the frontrunner because her role is more baity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

More random things:

* Penélope speaks Italian like the goddess that she is. Enhorabuena!

* Sorrentino cried. 💧 During an interview outside the palace he was asked to dedicate the film to someone and he said… he forgot to thank his parents during the speech. If you know what “The Hand of God” is about you’ll know why… 😊

* Congratulations to “The Happening” and Audrey Diwan! Always nice to have one more woman filmmaker to rely upon. I don’t even care if she’s not getting in more than International Feature at the Oscars. This was awesome!

Sorry for the enthusiasm. I have never watched the Oscars live because of the time difference. These are my Oscars, Lol…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

More random things:

* Penélope speaks Italian like the goddess that she is. Enhorabuena!

* Sorrentino cried. 💧 During an interview outside the palace he was asked to dedicate the film to someone and he said… he forgot to thank his parents during the speech. If you know what “The Hand of God” is about you’ll know why… 😊

* Congratulations to “The Happening” and Audrey Diwan! Always nice to have one more woman filmmaker to rely upon. I don’t even care if she’s not getting in more than International Feature at the Oscars. This was awesome!

Sorry for the enthusiasm. I have never watched the Oscars live because of the time difference. These are my Oscars, Lol…

NO I LOVE IT!!!! You’re an invaluable presence here, please stick around lol, I love your perspective as an Italian person!

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

They won’t hold much weight during the awards season but great results overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

NO I LOVE IT!!!! You’re an invaluable presence here, please stick around lol, I love your perspective as an Italian person!

Thank you, ahahahahahah!!! 😅

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Volpi Cup for Best Actor: John Arcilla

Good for him.

I feel like not a lot of people here know him but he appeared in The Bourne Legacy and you should definitely check out Heneral Luna, one of his best performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Filippo Scotti is the secret son of Timothée Chalamet and Louis Garrel conceived on the set of <i>Little Women</i>! 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Poor Toni Servillo though….well, whatever he has one of the best freaking careers lol, he doesn’t need this, but everyone I read online was saying this was a givennnn

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.