Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 546 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
fefface
  • Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

If we’re talking 2023… Best Picture: Avatar: The Way of Water (20th Century) Babylon (Paramount) Emancipation (Apple TV) Empire of Light (Searchlight) The Fabelmans Killers of the Flower Moon (Apple TV) Kitbag (Apple TV) Limbo Maestro (Netflix) The Son Best Director: James Cameron, Avatar: The Way of Water Damien Chazelle, Babylon Sam Mendes, Empire of Light Steven Spielberg, The Fabelmans Martin Scorsese, Killers of the Flower Moon Best Actress: Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance With Somebody Olivia Colman, Empire of Light Regina King, Shirley Meryl Streep, Places, Please Michelle Williams, The Fabelmans Best Actor: Bradley Cooper, Maestro Hugh Jackman, The Son Jesse Plemons, Killers of the Flower Moon Joaquin Phoenix, Kitbag Will Smith, Emancipation Best Supporting Actress: Jodie Comer, Kitbag Laura Dern, The Son Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon Carey Mulligan, Maestro Margot Robbie, Babylon Best Supporting Actor: Jake Gyllenhaal, Francis and The Godfather Leonardo DiCaprio, Killers of the Flower Moon Brad Pitt, Babylon Seth Rogen, The Fabelmans Jeremy Strong, Maestro

For 2023, I would like to add:

Margot Robbie-Babylon

Saoirse Ronan-Untitled Murder Mystery Movie

Thomasin McKenzie-Perfect

Dakota/Elle Fanning-The Nightingale

In Best Actress race

Elle Fanning-Francis and the Godfather

Anya Taylor Joy-The Northman

In Supporting actress as well

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Craft categories:

Cinematography:
    Annette – Caroline Champetier
    Dune – Greg Fraiser
    The French Dispatch – Robert Yeoman
    The Power of the Dog – Ari Wegner
    The Tragedy of MacBeth – Bruno Delbonnel

I think Ari Wegner could win here. A woman has never won Cinematography before.

Costume Design:
    Last Night in Soho – Odile Dicks-Mireaux
    House of Gucci – Janty Yates
    The Power of the Dog – Kirsty Cameron
    The French Dispatch – Milena Canonero
    West Side Story – Paul Tazewell

Production Design:
    Dune – Patrice Vermette
    House of Gucci – Arthur Max
    Nightmare Alley – Tamara Deverell
    The Power of the Dog – Grant Major
    The French Dispatch – Adam Stockhausen

Hair and Make Up:
    Blonde
    Nightmare Alley
    House of Gucci
    The French Dispatch
    The Green Knight

Original Score:
    Canterbury Glass – Hildur Guðnadóttir
    Nightmare Alley – *TBA*
    The Power of the Dog – Johny Greenwood
    The French Dispatch – Alexandre Desplat
    The Green Knight – Daniel Hart

Sound:
    Dune
    House of Gucci
    Nightmare Alley
    The French Dispatch
    West Side Story

Editing:
    House of Gucci – Claire Simpson
    Last Night in Soho – Paul Machliss
    The French Dispatch – Andrew Weisblum
    The Power of the Dog – Peter Sciberras
    West Side Story – Thomas Stanford

Visual Effects:
    Dune
    Eternals
    Godzilla vs Kong
    Shang Chi: The Legend of the Ten Rings
    The Green Knight

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Original Score:
    Canterbury Glass – Hildur Guðnadóttir
    Nightmare Alley – *TBA *
    The Power of the Dog – Johny Greenwood
    The French Dispatch – Alexandre Desplat
    The Green Knight – Daniel Hart

Desplat is also doing Nightmare Alley.

I think he could get double noms again, especially considering that the two Oscars he won come from his collaborations with del Toro and Anderson.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Well Maestro certainly had pedigree so it would be entertaining if Cooper makes it in all of the precursors and misses the Oscars like last time.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

For 2023 Oscars, David Fincher has a thriller about a Killer(Michael Fassbender) in the same vein of SE7EN

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Well Maestro certainly had pedigree so it would be entertaining if Cooper makes it in all of the precursors and misses the Oscars like last time.

He couldn’t get a Directing nom in 2019 with a weak competition so I imagine it’ll be even harder for him to get in (including precursors) since he’s up against veterans like Scorsese, Scott, Spielberg and Academy favorites – Chazelle and Inarritu. Also, Sam Mendes, Barry Levinson and James Cameron are back plus it could be the year for Noah Baumbach and/or Florian Zeller to break into the Director lineup.

Maestro will have to be Netflix’s no. 1 priority like Netflix did with Mank in campaigning and even that will not guarantee Cooper’s chances.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Craft categories: Cinematography: Annette – Caroline Champetier Dune – Greg Fraiser The French Dispatch – Robert Yeoman The Power of the Dog – Ari Wegner The Tragedy of MacBeth – Bruno Delbonnel I think Ari Wegner could win here. A woman has never won Cinematography before.

I would absolutely love Caroline Champetier to break into this category. From the trailer her work on Annette looks incredible.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Has anyone seen The Woman in the Window? When it comes to Amy’s recent Netflix movies, I found it more enjoyable to watch than Hillbilly Elegy.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Has anyone seen The Woman in the Window? When it comes to Amy’s recent Netflix movies, I found it more enjoyable to watch than Hillbilly Elegy.

I actually enjoyed it, yes it had some problems with the writing and editing, but it was still an enjoyable watch. Amy was also fantastic

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

For 2023 Oscars, David Fincher has a thriller about a Killer(Michael Fassbender) in the same vein of SE7EN

I have no doubt it will be great, but the Academy don’t like Fincher’s violent films at all. There’s a reason Zodiac got 0 nominations and movies like Benjamin Button and Mank were the most nominated films of their years. Same with the Emmys, he wins for a political drama but gets completely ignored when he makes a show about serial killers.
    The Killer could get in for editing or something technical, but I can’t see it being a big contender.

Profile picture
    Rowan
    Topics:

Why is Maestro expected to do so well? Bradley Cooper is a mediocre director imo. I could only predict Mulligan to be nominated before the reviews.

He’s directed one movie, and that one movie got eight Oscar nominations. Opinions about his quality are subjective, the hard facts are in the history. Until we hear otherwise it’s safe to assume Maestro will be in the conversation.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I have no doubt it will be great, but the Academy don’t like Fincher’s violent films at all. There’s a reason Zodiac got 0 nominations and movies like Benjamin Button and Mank were the most nominated films of their years. Same with the Emmys, he wins for a political drama but gets completely ignored when he makes a show about serial killers. The Killer could get in for editing or something technical, but I can’t see it being a big contender.

OK. So for his bad movies he gets nominations. With an exception for The Social Network, which is one of his best films

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

He’s directed one movie, and that one movie got eight Oscar nominations. Opinions about his quality are subjective, the hard facts are in the history. Until we hear otherwise it’s safe to assume Maestro will be in the conversation.

A Star is Born is familiar rehash bait.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

A Star is Born is familiar rehash bait.

Yeah maybe but regardless of personal opinions the original comment is right. Cooper’s first movie was a box office smash that got a ton of nominations, so predicting Maestro this far out makes sense. Will probably be one of Netflix’s big campaigns too, maybe alongside White Noise. Very fair call at the minute. Maestro subject is also pretty baity.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love how we’re already so bored that we’re predicting 2023.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.