Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 546 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
fefface
  • Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

It’s possible but DOR is fast with post production. American Hustle finished filming in May and it managed to release without problem in December.

Yeah if 20th want it for this year than there’s no question he’ll have it done, but I’m wondering if the studio themselves will wanna leave it till ’22 so it has less competition.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

I’m so close to predicting another 4/4 for DOR but I need to know how big are the roles of the supporting actresses first. I hope that if Anya gets a nom it’s for LNIS but if she has enough to do here then I think this will be it.

To be honest IF Anya ever gets nominated I know it’s a big if I will rather see her in LNIS, now that the Northman is set to release in April rather than the DOR movie. I just don’t want her getting a first nomination in a DOR movie. The horror. Lol.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

MAY PREDICTIONS (Updated):

– I’m finally jumping on the “Last Night in Soho” bandwagon. After “The Northman” being pushed to 2022, if you look at what Focus is planning to work on this Oscar season and compare release dates, the technical teams involved and the reliability of the directors and writers then “Soho” just has the upper-hand, it just does. It’s either this or Focus relying on Kenneth Branagh or Paul Schrader.

– Given the amount of movies that MGM/UA are releasing I think they will score at least one in the BP list. I absolutely can see “House of Gucci” being the one but, since I’m picking “The Last Duel” from Fox, I’ll go with PTA now. BTW I’m reading the Gucci book and so far it’s been a blast.

– MY BP list has one movie from 9 different studios with Netflix being the only one with 2 titles. In the last 5 years Sony and Searchlight were the only companies that got 2 different movies in the list (well, Paramount and Lionsgate as well but these have been non-factors for a long time).

– It seems like yesterday when “The Whale” was announced, but according to IMDb it is already in Post-Production phase. I love Aronofsky so much that I can’t think of not predicting him but I’m cautious. If anyone finds the play online I’d appreciate a DM.

Best Picture (Produced by / Distributed in the U.S. by):
    01 – NIGHTMARE ALLEY (Searchlight / Searchlight)
    02 – THE LAST DUEL (20th Century Studios / 20th Century Studios)
    03 – THE POWER OF THE DOG (BBC Films / Netflix)
    04 – LAST NIGHT IN SOHO (Film4 / Focus)
    05 – PASSING (Film4 / Netflix)
    06 – SOGGY BOTTOM (MGM / United Artists Releasing)
    07 – A JOURNAL FOR JORDAN (BRON, Sony / Sony)
    08 – THE ELECTRIC LIFE OF LOUIS WAIN (Film4, Amazon / Amazon)
    09 – IN THE HEIGHTS (Warner Bros. / Warner Bros.)
    10 – THE WHALE (A24 / A24)

Best Leading Actor:
    01 – Adam Driver – THE LAST DUEL
    02 – Benedict Cumberbatch – THE ELECTRIC LIFE OF LOUIS WAIN
    03 – Michael B. Jordan – A JOURNAL FOR JORDAN
    04 – Brendan Fraser – THE WHALE
    05 – Clifton Collins Jr. – JOCKEY

Best Leading Actress:
    01 – Kirsten Dunst – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    02 – Tessa Thompson – PASSING
    03 – Amanda Seyfried – A MOUTHFUL OF AIR
    04 – Cate Blanchett – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    05 – Chanté Adams – A JOURNAL FOR JORDAN

Best Supporting Actor:
    01 – Jesse Plemons – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    02 – Richard Jenkins – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    03 – Kodi Smit-McPhee – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    04 – Bradley Cooper – SOGGY BOTTOM
    05 – Brian Tyree Henry – RED, WHITE AND WATER

Best Supporting Actress:
    01 – Jodie Comer – THE LAST DUEL
    02 – Ruth Negga – PASSING
    03 – Ann Dowd – MASS
    04 – Anya Taylor-Joy – LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
    05 – Ariana DeBose – WEST SIDE STORY

Best Director:
    01 – Guillermo Del Toro – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    02 – Ridley Scott – THE LAST DUEL
    03 – Jane Campion – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    04 – Paul Thomas Anderson – SOGGY BOTTOM
    05 – Rebecca Hall – PASSING

Best Original Screenplay:
    01 – Edgar Wright & Krysty Wilson-Cairn – LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
    02 – Paul Thomas Anderson – SOGGY BOTTOM
    03 – Will Sharpe & Simon Stephenson – THE ELECTRIC LIFE OF LOUIS WAIN
    04 – Justin Chon – BLUE BAYOU
    05 – Amy Koppelman – A MOUTHFUL OF AIR

Best Adapted Screenplay:
    01 – Ben Affleck, Matt Damon & Nicole Holofcener – THE LAST DUEL
    02 – Jane Campion – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    03 – Guillermo Del Toro & Kim Morgan – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    04 – Samuel D. Hunter – THE WHALE
    05 – Virgil Williams – A JOURNAL FOR JORDAN

Best Film Editing:
    01 – Claire Simpson – THE LAST DUEL
    02 – Cam McLauchlin – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    03 – Paul Machliss – LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
    04 – Myron Kerstein – IN THE HEIGHTS
    05 – Dylan Tichenor – SOGGY BOTTOM

Best Cinematography:
    01 – Dan Lausten – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    02 – Ari Wegner – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    03 – Dariusz Wolski – THE LAST DUEL
    04 – Eduard Grau – PASSING
    05 – John Seale – THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING

Best Production Design:
    01 – Adam Stockhausen & Rena DeAngelo – THE FRENCH DISPATCH
    02 – Tamara Deverell & Shane Vieau – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    03 – Arthur Max & Judy Farr – THE LAST DUEL
    04 – Adam Stockhausen & Rena DeAngelo – WEST SIDE STORY
    05 – Sarah Greenwood & Katie Spencer – CYRANO

Best Costume Design:
    01 – Luis Sequeira – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    02 – Milena Canonero – THE FRENCH DISPATCH
    03 – Marci Rodgers – PASSING
    04 – Michael O’Connor – THE ELECTRIC LIFE OF LOUIS WAIN
    05 – Janty Yates – HOUSE OF GUCCI

Best Make Up and Hairstyling:
    01 – THE FRENCH DISPATCH
    02 – HOUSE OF GUCCI
    03 – DUNE
    04 – LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
    05 – GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE

Best Sound:
    01 – THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING
    02 – A JOURNAL FOR JORDAN
    03 – IN THE HEIGHTS
    04 – LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
    05 – TOP GUN: MAVERICK

Best Original Score:
    01 – Jonny Greenwood – THE POWER OF THE DOG
    02 – Dan Romer – LUCA
    03 – Alexander Desplat – NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    04 – Hans Zimmer – DUNE
    05 – Aaron Dessner & Bryce Dessner – JOCKEY

Best Visual Effects:
    01 – ETERNALS
    02 – THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING
    03 – THE TOMORROW WAR
    04 – JUNGLE CRUISE
    05 – DUNE

Best Documentary:
    01 – SUMMER OF SOUL
    02 – THE FIRST WAVE
    03 – FLEE
    04 – A COP MOVIE
    05 – SABAYA

Best Animation:
    01 – LUCA
    02 – ENCANTO
    03 – THE MITCHELLS VS. THE MACHINES
    04 – HOW DO YOU LIVE?
    05 – FLEE

Best International Film:
    01 – A HERO (Iran)
    02 – TRIANGLE OF SADNESS (Sweden)
    03 – AHED’S KNEE (Israel)
    04 – DECISION TO LEAVE (South Korea)
    05 – HIVE (Kosovo)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Film4 almost always have at least one film in contention for Best Picture every year (The Father, The Favourite, Cold War, Three Billboards, Carol, Room, 45 Years) so if you’re not predicting any of Last Night in Soho, Passing or The Electrical Life of Louis Wain you probably should slot in at least one.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Film4 almost always have at least one film in contention for Best Picture every year (The Father, The Favourite, Cold War, Three Billboards, Carol, Room, 45 Years) so if you’re not predicting any of Last Night in Soho, Passing or The Electrical Life of Louis Wain you probably should slot in at least one.

I’m already regretting having predicted “Last Night in Soho” in BP!!! I can’t wrap my head around on Focus choosing to spend their dollars on a BELFAST campaign! Focus what are you doing??

Profile picture
    Rowan
    Topics:

I’m already regretting having predicted “Last Night in Soho” in BP!!! I can’t wrap my head around on Focus choosing to spend their dollars on a BELFAST campaign! Focus what are you doing??

To be fair, Focus has actually seen the movie.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m already regretting having predicted “Last Night in Soho” in BP!!!

You shouldn’t. Probably at least one of Film4’s films will make the cut.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

To be fair, Focus has actually seen the movie.

Well, yes. They’ve seen all the movies, which worries me.

About “Belfast”, I forgot to mention but looking at the cast I actually wouldn’t mind a career nomination for Ciarán Hinds. He has been everywhere in the last 3 decades and he is a very good actor that has never won anything.

And he was born in Belfast, so you at least have one Q&A question ready (ew).

Profile picture
    Rowan
    Topics:

They may be making the wrong call, but right now the only info we have is that they’ve seen the movie and have chosen it as their main Oscar play. For all we know Branagh actually nailed it.

Soho is definitely more of a crowd-backed movie: it’ll need to kill at the box office and get popular support if it’s going to be an Oscar player, they probably don’t want to risk making a campaign for a movie that won’t happen so they’ll wait and see if they can shift gears if Soho takes off.

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

MAY PREDICTIONS (Updated):

– Given the amount of movies that MGM/UA are releasing I think they will score at least one in the BP list. I absolutely can see “House of Gucci” being the one but, since I’m picking “The Last Duel” from Fox, I’ll go with PTA now. BTW I’m reading the Gucci book and so far it’s been a blast.

Honestly, I’m currently making a bold prediction that both of Scott’s films are gonna get in and 3 MGM ones will. Their new Chairman seems dedicated on restoring them as a big studio in Hollywood once again, and I can see Gucci, Soggy Bottom and Three Thousand Years of Longing all being films that resonate strongly with voters given their subject matter and the talent involved with them. Though I’m still a little bit apprehensive about TTYOL coming out this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing that’s difficult to tell is which of Last Night in Soho and Belfast will Focus push more. There’s an argument to be made that the release dates of both are more commercial based (Soho being around Halloween and Belfast around Thanksgiving).

I’ve gone with Soho for now purely because of the pedigree both above and below the line (two of its producers have 11 Oscar nominations between them, Taylor-Joy, McKenzie and Mei Li are buzzy rising stars of the moment, its costume designer is a 5 time BAFTA nominee and Emmy winner, it has an Academy Award winning composer, an Oscar nominated editor).

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Actor:
    1. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)
    2. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of The Dog)
    3. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)
    4. Adam Driver (House of Gucci/Annette)
    5. Brendan Fraser (The Whale)

Supp. Actor:
    1. Willem Dafoe (The Card Counter)
    2. Al Pacino (House of Gucci)
    3. Jesse Plemons (The Power of The Dog)
    4. John David Washington (Canterbury Glass)
    5. Jared Leto (House of Gucci)

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

The thing that’s difficult to tell is which of Last Night in Soho and Belfast will Focus push more. There’s an argument to be made that the release dates of both are more commercial based (Soho being around Halloween and Belfast around Thanksgiving). I’ve gone with Soho for now purely because of the pedigree both above and below the line (two of its producers have 11 Oscar nominations between them, Taylor-Joy, McKenzie and Mei Li are buzzy rising stars of the moment, its costume designer is a 5 time BAFTA nominee and Emmy winner, it has an Academy Award winning composer, an Oscar nominated editor).

</p>

I think Mei Li has a small supporting role compared to the two leads. But yeah it could gaing Soho more traction

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Honestly, I’m currently making a bold prediction that both of Scott’s films are gonna get in and 3 MGM ones will. Their new Chairman seems dedicated on restoring them as a big studio in Hollywood once again, and I can see Gucci, Soggy Bottom and Three Thousand Years of Longing all being films that resonate strongly with voters given their subject matter and the talent involved with them. Though I’m still a little bit apprehensive about TTYOL coming out this year.

I agree. Still, I think THE LAST DUEL will be more successful than HOUSE OF GUCCI. I hear HOUSE OF GUCCI is, actually, one of the most riskier films Ridley Scott ever made and I hear too that is a totally new style for Scott. It could backfire. In the other hand, THE LAST DUEL is a huge revenge Epic similar to GLADIATOR in the revenge aspect

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Supp. Actor:
    3. Jesse Plemons (The Power of The Dog)

I hope Paul Dano makes a boatload of money for playing The Riddler; it’s a shame he had to drop out of Jane Campion’s The Power of The Dog due to a scheduling conflict with the filming of The Batman.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.