Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 546 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
fefface
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually liked Dear Evan Hansen’s trailer. It looks better than West Side Story’s teaser and has a much better relase date than In the Heights.

None will get nominated for Best Picture.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Ngl, I’m really not as convinced as everyone else that The Power of the Dog is necessarily going to be a huge hit. Jane Campion’s pretty hit and miss. I’d like it to be good, as it sounds like an interesting plot, but don’t be surprised if isn’t as big of a contender as some are hoping.

Anyway, here’s my very early predictions for 2022 and 2023…

Emboldened are the winners. Italics is 2nd place/alternate winner.

Best Actor:
    Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up
    Adam Driver – House Of Gucci
    Joaquin Phoenix – C’mon, C’mon
    Denzel Washington – The Tragedy Of Macbeth

Best Actress:
    Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    Lady Gaga – House Of Gucci
    Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Margot Robbie – Canterbury Glass
    Tessa Thompson – Passing

Best Supporting Actor:
    Christian Bale – Canterbury Glass (if Bale goes lead, I’ll swap him out for Richard Jenkins in either Nightmare Alley or The Humans)
    Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Adam Driver – The Last Duel
    Al Pacino – House Of Gucci
    John David Washington – Canterbury Glass

Best Supporting Actress:
    Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    Judi Dench – Belfast
    Rooney Mara – Nightmare Alley
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy Of Macbeth
    Ruth Negga – Passing

Best Actor:
    Bradley Cooper – Maestro
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Killers Of The Flower Moon
    Hugh Jackman – The Son
    Joaquin Phoenix – Kitbag
    John David Washington – The Piano Lesson

Best Actress:
    Olivia Colman – Empire Of Light
    Thomasin McKenzie – Perfect
    Carey Mulligan – Maestro
    Margot Robbie – Babylon
    Emma Stone – Poor Things

Best Supporting Actor:
    Willem Defoe – Poor Things
    Robert DeNiro – Killers Of The Flower Moon
    Tom Hanks – Elvis
    Samuel L. Jackson – The Piano Lesson
    Brad Pitt – Babylon

Best Supporting Actress:
    Jodie Comer – Kitbag
    Laura Dern – The Son
    Lily Gladstone – Killers Of The Flower Moon
    Keke Palmer – Untitled Jordan Peele Project
    Michelle Williams – The Fabelmans

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I didn’t dislike Dear Evan Hansen trailer. The only problem for me was Ben Platt’s age. It’s too distracting.

Anyway, I don’t think it’ll be an Oscar player, even if it gets good reviews and makes money. The September release doesn’t help.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Dear evan hansen will ended up like Perks of Being Wallflower (Chobsky’s previous work). Highly acclaimed performances but none gets the Oscar noms (Ezra Miller and Logan Lerman deserved noms in both Supporting and Lead)

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I still see the film doing decently well at the oscars. I’m still predicting Moore in Supporting Actress. But Ben’s de-aging effects are gonna be super distracting and take away from how good his performance and the film will probably be.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Where do we stand with Swan Song? Is Apple releasing it this year? If so, is it a serious contender? Maybe Mahershala and Glenn…

It won’t go anywhere because of genre bias And there’s much more formidable contenders in supporting actress than last season.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Ngl, I’m really not as convinced as everyone else that The Power of the Dog is necessarily going to be a huge hit. Jane Campion’s pretty hit and miss. I’d like it to be good, as it sounds like an interesting plot, but don’t be surprised if isn’t as big of a contender as some are hoping. Anyway, here’s my very early predictions for 2022 and 2023… Emboldened are the winners. Italics is 2nd place/alternate winner. 2022 Best Actor: Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up Adam Driver – House Of Gucci Joaquin Phoenix – C’mon, C’mon Denzel Washington – The Tragedy Of Macbeth Best Actress: Jodie Comer – The Last Duel Lady Gaga – House Of Gucci Jennifer Hudson – Respect Margot Robbie – Canterbury Glass Tessa Thompson – Passing Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale – Canterbury Glass (if Bale goes lead, I’ll swap him out for Richard Jenkins in either Nightmare Alley or The Humans) Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom Adam Driver – The Last Duel Al Pacino – House Of Gucci John David Washington – Canterbury Glass Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley Judi Dench – Belfast Rooney Mara – Nightmare Alley Frances McDormand – The Tragedy Of Macbeth Ruth Negga – Passing 2023 Best Actor: Bradley Cooper – Maestro Leonardo DiCaprio – Killers Of The Flower Moon Hugh Jackman – The Son Joaquin Phoenix – Kitbag John David Washington – The Piano Lesson Best Actress: Olivia Colman – Empire Of Light Thomasin McKenzie – Perfect Carey Mulligan – Maestro Margot Robbie – Babylon Emma Stone – Poor Things Best Supporting Actor: Willem Defoe – Poor Things Robert DeNiro – Killers Of The Flower Moon Tom Hanks – Elvis Samuel L. Jackson – The Piano Lesson Brad Pitt – Babylon Best Supporting Actress: Jodie Comer – Kitbag Laura Dern – The Son Lily Gladstone – Killers Of The Flower Moon Keke Palmer – Untitled Jordan Peele Project Michelle Williams – The Fabelmans

Isnt keke lead?

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Is there any year where a distributor had 3 acting nominations in the same category???

Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

With Dear Evan Hansen, we’re only watching a 2 minute trailer. I think once you are immersed in the film, any qualms you have about Platt’s age won’t really matter and you most likely won’t notice. I guess we’ll know for sure once we see it. The content of the film is very Oscar-baity, so we’ll see if it surprises. Of the big musicals this year, I am looking forward to this one the most.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Does anyone think Paul Schrader’s ‘The Card Counter’ will get any noms? Focus is releasing it on September 10th, Oscar Isaac and William Dafoe are in lead and supporting roles, and Schrader received a screenwriting nomination for his last picture, ‘First Reformed.’

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Ngl, I’m really not as convinced as everyone else that The Power of the Dog is necessarily going to be a huge hit. Jane Campion’s pretty hit and miss. I’d like it to be good, as it sounds like an interesting plot, but don’t be surprised if isn’t as big of a contender as some are hoping. Anyway, here’s my very early predictions for 2022 and 2023… Emboldened are the winners. Italics is 2nd place/alternate winner. 2022 Best Actor: Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up Adam Driver – House Of Gucci Joaquin Phoenix – C’mon, C’mon Denzel Washington – The Tragedy Of Macbeth Best Actress: Jodie Comer – The Last Duel Lady Gaga – House Of Gucci Jennifer Hudson – Respect Margot Robbie – Canterbury Glass Tessa Thompson – Passing Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale – Canterbury Glass (if Bale goes lead, I’ll swap him out for Richard Jenkins in either Nightmare Alley or The Humans) Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom Adam Driver – The Last Duel Al Pacino – House Of Gucci John David Washington – Canterbury Glass Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley Judi Dench – Belfast Rooney Mara – Nightmare Alley Frances McDormand – The Tragedy Of Macbeth Ruth Negga – Passing 2023 Best Actor: Bradley Cooper – Maestro Leonardo DiCaprio – Killers Of The Flower Moon Hugh Jackman – The Son Joaquin Phoenix – Kitbag John David Washington – The Piano Lesson Best Actress: Olivia Colman – Empire Of Light Thomasin McKenzie – Perfect Carey Mulligan – Maestro Margot Robbie – Babylon Emma Stone – Poor Things Best Supporting Actor: Willem Defoe – Poor Things Robert DeNiro – Killers Of The Flower Moon Tom Hanks – Elvis Samuel L. Jackson – The Piano Lesson Brad Pitt – Babylon Best Supporting Actress: Jodie Comer – Kitbag Laura Dern – The Son Lily Gladstone – Killers Of The Flower Moon Keke Palmer – Untitled Jordan Peele Project Michelle Williams – The Fabelmans

“Jane Campion is pretty hit or miss” and yet you have a lot of actors from House of Gucci, directed by one of the biggest hit or misses of all time.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Dear Evan Hansen trailer looks sappy.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Wow, and I thought Ben Platt would be distracting in Dear Evan Hansen because he looked too old – didn’t see that uncanny valley mess coming. It’s like they just slapped the thickest possible layer of foundation on him to make him look younger but in doing so removed all semblance of natural skin texture. And what the hell is that wig?

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Lolol the duality of predicting Ridley Scott films to be a major player in every category yet dismissing Jane Campion because she’s “hit or miss”

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Where do we stand with Swan Song? Is Apple releasing it this year? If so, is it a serious contender? Maybe Mahershala and Glenn…

I’m very curious to see what that movie looks like. Awards wise, yeah, we should remain sceptical since it’s a sci-fi, but it also has a very dramatic and baity premise, so we’ll see. Mahershala Ali + Naomi Harris are an irresitible duo, and Glenn could get some Supporting hype as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.