Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 539 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

So according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Focus_Features_films) and IMDB (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11121664/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf) Justin Chon’s Blue Bayou is now going to have a 17th September release date instead of its previously announced June release – it’s going to be released after The Card Counter and before Last Night in Soho.

Doubt it’s going to be a huge awards player but moving it to a later date makes it seem that Focus might have faith in it to make some noise on the independent/critics awards circuits. Hopefully they start promoting it soon.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    loollapalooza1
    Topics:

I know this is the stupidest of questions, but is there a difference between a psycho horror and psycho thriller?

I personally believe the difference is how gore-y it is, so the more blood the more it leans to horror.

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Operation Mincemeat will be released in the UK next January by Warner Bros. Netflix will release in the US

https://deadline.com/2021/05/warner-bros-colin-firth-kelly-macdonald-operation-mincemeat-january-7-uk-1234762743/

There´s a lot of Oscar pedigree in it: John Madden directing, Colin Firth starring, produced by Film Nation and the same people that produced Lion and The King´s speech. Also Thomas Newman is doing the score.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I cant tell whether this would be a good sign or not but McKenzie in Interview with empire said that there are gonna be twists, she described it as “You know where it is going, until its going on completely different direction”

I hope its will be Gone Girl or Se7en type of Plot Twists, not some cheap twists a la Shyamalan or Neon Demon

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Eternals trailer has been released. It’s a missed opportunity to not have “from Academy Award winner Chloe Zhao” in there but in my opinion it looks stunning.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Eternals trailer has been released. It’s a missed opportunity to not have “from Academy Award winner Chloe Zhao” in there but in my opinion it looks stunning.

China is mad at Zhao because of an 2013 interview.

It’s probably a commercial decision from Disney not to have her name on the teaser.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Eternals looks BEAUTIFUL! Still unsure about the plot but the visuals are definitely there

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Looking at the trailer, I can see it possibly being really good but I think for this kind of movie to get a BP nom it has to deal with social issues like Black Panther or have the widespread critical adoration that Mad Max: Fury Road had (or has). Since it doesn’t seem to be doing the former, I think if it gets at least an 86 metascore it will definitely be a top-15 contender.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

The Eternals trailer looks great as expected. But it is more technical than anything else.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

The cinematography and direction for Eternals looks gorgeous, Chloe Zhao is so talented. I think it could be a contender for technicals but unless it turns into a cultural moment I still see it missing BP.

Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

Uau. Chloe Zhao is really the goat

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

OMG!! That’s freaking fantastic 🤩

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

The Eternals trailer looks promising. Hopefully Disney and the Marvel folks have allowed Chloe Zhao enough creative wiggle room for her to imbue the film with her distinctive artistic sensibility, and still retain the aura of the Marvel Universe.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It looks different from other Marvel films but I think it’s going to have to pull a WandaVision in zeitgeisty presence for it to actually be a contender imo.

Should be able to land some craft noms for sure.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

It looks different from other Marvel films but I think it’s going to have to pull a WandaVision in zeitgeisty presence for it to actually be a contender.

Which I believe is fully possible.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.