Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 539 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

How about you die instead, right now. Not on the inside, but physically. .svg” class=”emoji”

Looks like you are already dead. Or its the age kicking. Nah. It cant be the age by your reply

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Loved the trailer but am I the only one for whom Jolie takes me out of it completely? I mean she’s just done SO MANY action films & Maleficent-like roles that rely HEAVILY on prosthetics and wigs and…it’s gotten tiresome! Whereas Gemma Chan & Richard Madden & Salma Hayek look fresh-faced and exciting to see in this context, I’m kind of already like “OK, I know Angelia Jolie is mostly going to be in robot-badass-with-a-heart mode”. I’m generalizing of course, but it’s just because of a culmination of a long trajectory of films. By no means do I think she’s necessarily a BAD actor, I’m just…not that excited by her in such films.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Loved the trailer but am I the only one for whom Jolie takes me out of it completely? I mean she’s just done SO MANY action films & Maleficent-like roles that rely HEAVILY on prosthetics and wigs and…it’s gotten tiresome! Whereas Gemma Chan & Richard Madden & Salma Hayek look fresh-faced and exciting to see in this context, I’m kind of already like “OK, I know Angelia Jolie is mostly going to be in robot-badass-with-a-heart mode”. I’m generalizing of course, but it’s just because of a culmination of a long trajectory of films. By no means do I think she’s necessarily a BAD actor, I’m just…not that excited by her in such films.

Relax. Gemma Chan is actually the center of this film.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Jeez, Y’all need to give Chalamet a break. That guy is talented and casting him as Willy Wonka wont make him into something like Day Lewis. I mean, Day Lewis has never played that kind of character and Never will. Casting him as Wonka wont make him into Oscar Contender either.

People in GD forums treat him like the way Heavy Music snobs forum treat Andy Biersack, lol.

I guess its only matter of time until i saw bunch of snobs in GD forums saying Anya Taylor Joy and Florence Pugh sucks because of everyone’s obsession with both of them

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Relax. Gemma Chan is actually the center of this film.

um, I was just commenting generally on Jolie in the trailer. I know Chan is the center of the film. I’m not agitated lol

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

SHE’S SWEEPING https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1396892782938116096?s=21

Time for Lohan to get her shit together. Mean Girls cast getting nominated and I’m here for it!

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

How about you die instead, right now. Not on the inside, but physically. .svg” class=”emoji”

Coming from OccultCherry, I’m not surprised with this comment.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Jeez, Y’all need to give Chalamet a break. That guy is talented and casting him as Willy Wonka wont make him into something like Day Lewis. I mean, Day Lewis has never played that kind of character and Never will. Casting him as Wonka wont make him into Oscar Contender either.

People in GD forums treat him like the way Heavy Music snobs forum treat Andy Biersack, lol.

I guess its only matter of time until i saw bunch of snobs in GD forums saying Anya Taylor Joy and Florence Pugh sucks because of everyone’s obsession with both of them

THIS

Chalamet is a promising actor, but I never got this obsession with him. He did nothing memorable besides CMBYN and he didn’t deserve to win the Oscar for that film. People are obsessed with his future instead of what he is today.

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Eternals is NOT winning Best Picture Oscar. And China banned Zhao and Eternals and Shang Chi too

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

SHE’S SWEEPING https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1396892782938116096?s=21

Best Supporting Actress nominees

2015: Rachel McAdams
    2020: Amanda Seyfried
    2025: Lindsay Lohan?

(Everybody loves a comeback)

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Amazon is near a deal to buy MGM for 9 billion. It could be announced this week: https://deadline.com/2021/05/amazon-near-deal-to-buy-mgm-for-9-billion-report-1234763190/

Wow. I think MGM only has James Bond and I would only pay 1 Billion USD for MGM. But IF Amazon really wants to OVERPAID

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

THIS Chalamet is a promising actor, but I never got this obsession with him. He did nothing memorable besides CMBYN and he didn’t deserve to win the Oscar for that film. People are obsessed with his future instead of what he is today.

Nope there’s Beautiful Boy

Profile picture
    someperson1991
    Topics:

Eternals looks lame. Whatever y’all are smoking I want some.

Also for people predicting Shang-Chi or Spider-Man in Effects: the only time two MCU films were nominated in the Effects category together was 2014, when Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: Winter Soldier got in and lost to Interstellar. No superhero movie has won except for Spider-Man 2 in 2004. Beyond that, neither of the previous MCU Spider-Man films even made it past the first round of the bake-off.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Eternals is NOT winning Best Picture Oscar. And China banned Zhao and Eternals and Shang Chi too

literally, where did someone say that it would???

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.