Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 541 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    someperson1991
    Topics:

Eternals looks lame. Whatever y’all are smoking I want some.

Also for people predicting Shang-Chi or Spider-Man in Effects: the only time two MCU films were nominated in the Effects category together was 2014, when Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: Winter Soldier got in and lost to Interstellar. No superhero movie has won except for Spider-Man 2 in 2004. Beyond that, neither of the previous MCU Spider-Man films even made it past the first round of the bake-off.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Eternals is NOT winning Best Picture Oscar. And China banned Zhao and Eternals and Shang Chi too

literally, where did someone say that it would???

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

THIS Chalamet is a promising actor, but I never got this obsession with him. He did nothing memorable besides CMBYN and he didn’t deserve to win the Oscar for that film. People are obsessed with his future instead of what he is today.

It is just what it is. In everything, when someone broke into the scene by doing something memorable everyone will suddenly become obsessesed with you and hyped you for the bright future.

In Basketball, i remember that everyone obsessed with Jayson Tatum despite not doing anything remarkable in his first season. He is a star now.

In football/soccer, Kylian Mbappe was hailed after scoring a hattrick at 18 years old. Now he is one of the best player. Erling Haaland was hailed as the future of football after scoring hattrick when he was 19 at his Champions League debut. Now he is fullfiling the hype.

The same case applied to Chalamet

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Timothee is the most talented young actor we have besides kelvin harrison jr. Lets not act like he doesnt deserve this love.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Eternals looks lame. Whatever y’all are smoking I want some. Also for people predicting Shang-Chi or Spider-Man in Effects: the only time two MCU films were nominated in the Effects category together was 2014, when Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: Winter Soldier got in and lost to Interstellar. No superhero movie has won except for Spider-Man 2 in 2004. Beyond that, neither of the previous MCU Spider-Man films even made it past the first round of the bake-off.

Agree. It looks Meh. I want their drugs too

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

It is just what it is. In everything, when someone broke into the scene by doing something memorable everyone will suddenly become obsessesed with you and hyped you for the bright future. In Basketball, i remember that everyone obsessed with Jayson Tatum despite not doing anything remarkable in his first season. He is a star now. In football/soccer, Kylian Mbappe was hailed after scoring a hattrick at 18 years old. Now he is one of the best player. Erling Haaland was hailed as the future of football after scoring hattrick when he was 19 at his Champions League debut. Now he is fullfiling the hype. The same case applied to Chalamet

To each their own. I think Haaland and Mbappe are Too Overrated. CR7(777 goals) and Messi(700 goals) are way better despite their old age.

Profile picture
    youtoo
    Topics:

I don’t see it for both Eternals and Dune, especially when this year might be very competitive. maybe Best Cinematography at best.

Eternals/Chloe Zhao already has serious haters, even some critics dragging her and film.

it will be extremely hard to pass that Marvel hate from some of them industry/critic people.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I don’t see it for both Eternals and Dune, especially when this year might be very competitive. maybe Best Cinematography at best. Eternals/Chloe Zhao already has serious haters, even some critics dragging her and film. it will be extremely hard to pass that Marvel hate from some of them industry/critic people.

Out of those snobs, maybe Scorserse is the only one who is still relevant

To each their own. I think Haaland and Mbappe are Too Overrated. CR7(777 goals) and Messi(700 goals) are way better despite their old age.

Point is… its not uncommon that Chalamet received all the hype after CMBYN. It does help that Timmy is extremely handsome that girls are stanning over him (same with Andy Biersack case)

He has done more than just CMBYN. That guy deserves it and snobs in GD have to deal with it

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Nope there’s Beautiful Boy

I said memorable. He was great in that film, as he is in most things he does, but his performance and film weren’t memorable.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nope there’s Beautiful Boy

There’s a reason he wasn’t nominated for an Oscar for that. Let’s just say that.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Eternals is NOT winning Best Picture Oscar. And China banned Zhao and Eternals and Shang Chi too

Why Shang-Chi??

Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

Because China is fucked up. The drugs I want, is the ones the chinese government is taking

Profile picture
    ratednext
    Topics:

There’s a reason he wasn’t nominated for an Oscar for that. Let’s just say that.

But he was oh so close and probably finished in 6th place that year.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:
    Jojo1
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 541 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.