Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 546 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
fefface
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I would only consider Stone if Cruella gets 90+ Metacritic score and makes more than 500 million in the box office. At best she gets in at SAG like Blunt for Mary Poppins.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

not Cruella receiving positive reactions… I guess we’ll have to consider Emma for an Actress nomination. A big maybe obviously.

I would wait for the actual reviews instead of the overreacting on social media and the overhyped tweets, but even then??
    Nah.

Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

I would only consider Stone if Cruella gets 90+ Metacritic score and makes more than 500 million in the box office. At best she gets in at SAG like Blunt for Mary Poppins.

500M box office ? What ? Thats not happening at all. This aint no Godzilla Vs Kong. Thats just stupid. 95% of Oscar noms dont make 400M at box office

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I would wait for the actual reviews instead of the overreacting on social media and the overhyped tweets, but even then?? Nah.

Wonder Woman 1984 got very positive and overhyped social media reactions at first, but the positive buzz died as soon as the written reviews dropped.

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

I love to navel gaze and prognosticate about next year’s Oscars as much as anyone, but I won’t give an exhaustive category by category breakdown, like many of you do, which I do enjoy reading. So thank you all for that. My take on “The French Dispatch” this: I’m sure it will be a wonderful film, but Wes Anderson is too idiosyncratic for the general Academy Body Politic to win the Big One. I can see it getting nominations for MAYBE Best Picture, Director and Screenplay, Best Ensemble Acting and some tech nominations. Maggie Gyllenhaal’s “The Lost Daughter” really intrigues me. I read Elena Ferrante’s novel, and it’s perfect material for Gyllenhaal to direct. I love that Olivia Colman is playing, Leda, the lead. She is a Neapolitan born divorced mother of two, and a professor of English Literature, which means Colman is playing an Italian! Here is a link to a review of the novel…

https://www.wordswithoutborders.org/book-review/elena-ferrantes-the-lost-daughter

I think that “Three Thousand Years of Longing” is going to be something special, and not much is being said about it, not nearly to the degree that other films are. I’d love to think that “The Power of the Dog” will be part of the Cannes lineup, along with “Blonde.” The moratorium on Netflix at Cannes needs to go. If there are talks to include “The Power of the Dog” in the competition, then it must be extraordinary. Jane Campion has been a big part of Cannes in the past, winning the Palm d’ Or for “The Piano” in  1993, and Holly Hunter winning Best Actress, which she also won the Oscar for Best Actress. Can Kirsten Dunst do likewise next year for “The Power of the Dog?”

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

I would wait for the actual reviews instead of the overreacting on social media and the overhyped tweets, but even then??
    Nah.

Absolutely.

Profile picture
    RelativeDivide
    Topics:

I am very excited to see In The Heights on Sunday!  I have heard so much good stuff about it.

For your consideration, at the:

2021 Emmys

Elizabeth Olsen - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie for WandaVision
    Paul Bettany - Outstanding Supporting (or Lead, depends) Actor in a Limited Series or Movie for WandaVision

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

500M box office ? What ? Thats not happening at all. This aint no Godzilla Vs Kong. Thats just stupid. 95% of Oscar noms dont make 400M at box office

Yeah it is stupid for a film like Cruella to make that much lmao. But if it does happen then Stone would most likely be in contention for a nomination as a reward.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1393326047618207744

The Northman will hit the theaters in April 8 of 2022. So Focus isn’t expecting it to be an Oscar player.

That leaves Last Night in Soho as the only Focus Features movie, since Belfast is going to be a shitshow.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Such a stupid move. Why???

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Welp. There’s that.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1393326047618207744 The Northman will hit the theaters in April 8 of 2022. So Focus isn’t expecting it to be an Oscar player. That leaves Last Night in Soho as the only Focus Features movie, since Belfast is going to be a shitshow.

The Card Counter….

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

That sucks

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The Card Counter….

Nah… Schrader is hit or miss and the movie sounds like a cheap crime thriller to be fair.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.