Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 546 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
fefface
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That said they originally had PYW as an April release, so maybe they just don’t really know what they’re doing.

And that also ended up with a release date four months before the Oscars…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Does anyone know if Judi Dench is lead or supporting in “Belfast”?

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Does anyone know if Judi Dench is lead or supporting in “Belfast”?

I imagine Supporting. The film is about a young boy (based on Branagh) and his family, so I get Billy Elliott vibes from it (not in terms of plot, but that it will have a central performance from a young actor and then older actors are all in Supporting roles).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As far as I understand Dench is supporting.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Regarding Belfast, I want to remind people that the last Focus Features film to have that early November release date was Harriet…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Regarding Belfast, I want to remind people that the last Focus Features film to have that early November release date was Harriet…

And that was nominated for Best Actress and Original Song…

Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

Current winner predictions:

Picture : Dune
    Director : Denis Villeneuve – Dune
    Actor : Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Actress : Kristen Stewart – Spencer
    Supporting Actor : Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Supporting Actress : Ann Dowd – Mass
    Original Screenplay : The French Dispatch
    Adapted Screenplay : Dune
    Cinematography : The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Editing : Dune
    Production Design : The French Dispatch
    Costume Design : The French Dispatch
    Sound : Dune
    Score : The French Dispatch
    Song : No Time To Die – No Time To Die
    Make-Up & Hairstyling : House of Gucci
    Visual Effects : Dune
    International Film : Decision To Leave
    Documentary : The Summer of Soul

Dune for Picture, Director, Screenplay, and Editing? Are you actually serious?

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

And that was nominated for Best Actress and Original Song…

Yes it did. I meant to say that Belfast could be something similar. An Acting nomination and a below the line nomination. I don’t buy this as a Best Picture thing.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Add my disappointment to The Northman being pushed to next April, but that may work to its advantage, with so many pushed back films being released between September and December. So far the 2022 release schedule isn’t that loaded yet…

https://www.firstshowing.net/schedule2022/

That said, there is Baz Lurhmann’s Elvis movie shceduled for June 3, 2022, and I would imagine that Scorsese’s “Killer’s of the Flower Moon” will NOT be ready by the end of this year, and more likely positioned for the 2023 Oscars. And is Damian Chazelle’s “Babylon” going into production anytime soon, for a scheduled December 23, 2022 release? Some of the big films going to production this year, for release in 2022, are Ari Aster’s “Disappointment Blvd,” with Joaquin Phoenix, the Spielberg movie about his childhood in Arizona, which isn’t really about him per se, Noah Baumbach’s “White Noise,” with Adam Driver and Greta Gerwig, Sam Mendes’ “Empire of Light,” with Olivia Colman, Ridley Scott’s “Kitbag,” with the very busy Joaquin Phoenix and Jodie Comer, and then there is “Avatar 2” on December 16, 2022. I think that Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” will be a pretty big deal, too, so “The Northman” will have considerable competition, but not to the over whelming extent it would have this year.

Not sure of Avatar 2 because the first one came out more than 10 years ago but I guess if were talking sequels/franchise maybe Black Panther 2 and/or Knives Out 2 could become huge contenders next year.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Dune for Picture, Director, Screenplay, and Editing? Are you actually serious?

Maybe are Picks

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Not sure of Avatar 2 because the first one came out more than 10 years ago but I guess if were talking sequels/franchise maybe Black Panther 2 and/or Knives Out 2 could become huge contenders next year.

And Doctor Strange 2 in Tech categories…

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Ann Dowd is SWEEPING for Mass 

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Claire Foy is SWEEPING for The Electrical Life of Louis Wain  

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She couldn’t even get nominated in 2018 hun.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Ann Dowd is SWEEPING for Mass

Like Leo did for Novitiate

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.