Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 509 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Elsa Korr
wolfali
schmids
  • Profile picture
    youtoo
    Topics:

official – Park Chan Wook is not going to Canne.

his film is not finished yet, still working on post production.

they don’t have plan for other festival or release timing yet.

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

Hi, I’m from South Africa. I wanted to ask , what do you classify Ana de Armas in terms of race and if she’s of a different race ,do you think she will get backlash from acting as Monroe? I remember Dev Patel got backlash from starring as David Copperfield.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

The lead track from Annette has landed on Spotify and it’s really good.

I don’t see oscar voters, let alone the GP, wanting to sit through 2 hours of music like this / a movie entirely delivered in song.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I don’t see oscar voters, let alone the GP, wanting to sit through 2 hours of music like this / a movie entirely delivered in song.

You might not want to, but I am all in.

Also Oscar voters have gone for some left-field stuff over the last few years – not saying they’ll go for this, but the song is really good IMO, which is all I was saying, and like fefface said it certainly feels accessible enough for a Song nomination.

Also just from this one song it does sound like it’s going to be a challenging musical to sing, not in the Broadway sense but in the songs just being hard kind of way.

Yeah I’m sure I saw a post when the trailer came out from a musician who worked on it that the music was really complicated to perform. So it wouldn’t surprise me if it does turn out to be vocally challenging too.

The soundtrack cover art is also out and is gorgeous:

annette

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Hi, I’m from South Africa. I wanted to ask , what do you classify Ana de Armas in terms of race and if she’s of a different race ,do you think she will get backlash from acting as Monroe? I remember Dev Patel got backlash from starring as David Copperfield.

Maybe a decent amount of Backlash

On separate note, i have yet to see any Backlash towards Paul Schrader at this point. As for now,i think The Card Counter is safe from any backlash. Focus still has 3(or 2) awards contender in hand

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

Maybe a decent amount of Backlash On separate note, i have yet to see any Backlash towards Paul Schrader at this point. As for now,i think The Card Counter is safe from any backlash. Focus still has 3(or 2) awards contender in hand

Could that somewhat that ruin her chances of winning?

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

She’s Cuban. I haven’t seen any backlash towards her casting yet, and the film wrapped  shooting in late 2019 so it’s been finished for a while now. Gal Gadot got more backlash for being cast as Cleopatra, and the film hasn’t started shooting yet.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah I’m sure I saw a post when the trailer came out from a musician who worked on it that the music was really complicated to perform. So it wouldn’t surprise me if it does turn out to be vocally challenging too.

Interesting! But yeah I’m with you on being all in on this. I was looking forward to it anyway, but I am loving this track. Even if it goes nowhere awards-wise I think it’s going to be really good.

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

I’d say that since Blonde is going to be really surreal and strange in general, there won’t be backlash of any significant impact since the movie is not really a biopic and therefore de Armas being cast won’t be problematic.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I’d say that since Blonde is going to be really surreal and strange in general, there won’t be backlash of any significant impact since the movie is not really a biopic and therefore de Armas being cast won’t be problematic.

Yeah, it’s a fictionalized version of her life.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Bones & All-the horror/romance film starring Timothee Chalamet and Taylor Russell-started shooting on Thursday in the Ohio Tri-State area. Deadline has an exclusive and short interview with the director Luca Guadagnino, who basically said he’s moved on from a CMBYN sequel (not shocking because of the scandal with Hammer), and also talked about casting Michael Stuhlbarg and David Gordon Green alongside Chalamet and Russell. Francesca Scorsese is also a part of the film. He also said he hopes to do the Scarface reboot after finishing Bones & All.

The interview: https://deadline.com/2021/05/luca-guadagnino-on-reuniting-with-timothee-chalamet-moving-away-from-call-me-by-your-name-sequel-adding-michael-stuhlberg-david-gordon-green-and-more-to-his-first-u-s-film-bones-and-all-1234765988/

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Bones & All-the horror/romance film starring Timothee Chalamet and Taylor Russell-started shooting on Thursday in the Ohio Tri-State area. Deadline has an exclusive and short interview with the director Luca Guadagnino, who basically said he’s moved on from a CMBYN sequel (not shocking because of the scandal with Hammer), and also talked about casting Michael Stuhlbarg and David Gordon Green alongside Chalamet and Russell. Francesca Scorsese is also a part of the film. He also said he hopes to do the Scarface reboot after finishing Bones & All. The interview: https://deadline.com/2021/05/luca-guadagnino-on-reuniting-with-timothee-chalamet-moving-away-from-call-me-by-your-name-sequel-adding-michael-stuhlberg-david-gordon-green-and-more-to-his-first-u-s-film-bones-and-all-1234765988/

Not surprising at all. The second novel was intentionally made to be greenlighted into movie sequel and the reception isnt as good as the OG CMBYN.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

She’s a white actress playing a white person. Anyone complaining about it still hasn’t realized that race ≠ ethnicity.

Profile picture
    Cabelo da Shiv
    Topics:

Being from Brazil, I can say that in any Latin American country, Ana de Armas is seen as white. The only reason she is considered a person of color in the US is because the US are weird about race, hahaha. But yeah, due to the nature of the film I don’t see actual backlash happening

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Being from Brazil, I can say that in any Latin American country, Ana de Armas is seen as white. The only reason she is considered a person of color in the US is because the US are weird about race, hahaha. But yeah, due to the nature of the film I don’t see actual backlash happening

This. Anya TJ is considered white in Latin American countries too

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.